The Official 2023 NFL season thread

laughedatbytime

22 hours ago, Mithrandir said:

What kind of a f***ing idiot goes to a game with wind chill predicted around 30 below?  An idiot i guess.  Probably be a few without shirts on too!

Chiefs fans do.

They are a special breed.

2 hours ago, HemiBeers said:

When realizing the NFL had this game locked into the Peacocksuckers network, I just watched the RedWings game for free. Unfortunately, this is probably the future for major sports taking away free broadcast and going exclusively to streamers. 

I know of 2 people who signed up just for this game, but there were probably millions who did so. NBC got an unexpected new year income bump. I wonder how many of those will forget or decide they like the rest of the programming and keep subscribing? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BastillePark said:

I know of 2 people who signed up just for this game, but there were probably millions who did so. NBC got an unexpected new year income bump. I wonder how many of those will forget or decide they like the rest of the programming and keep subscribing? 

Taylor watching the game through her neighbors window to avoid signing up for Peacock. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2EA0W9tY8M/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=d579d2b2-98c9-4794-8a95-ac609fa3dee2

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, HemiBeers said:

When realizing the NFL had this game locked into the Peacocksuckers network, I just watched the RedWings game for free. Unfortunately, this is probably the future for major sports taking away free broadcast and going exclusively to streamers. 

Yep.  And $6 for a pay per view playoff game ain't too bad, let alone a month's worth

Kidding aside I do think it's BS that an offensive player can lead with their head and stiff arm a would be tackler in the face

• Like 1

Packers v. Cowboys, AT&T Stadium:

2013 Season:  Packers 37–36.  Backup QB Matt Flynn leads a massive 2nd half, come-from-behind win  
2016 Season:  Packers 34–31.  Packers win on game-winning 51-yard field goal by Mason Crosby as time expires.
2017 Season:  Packers 35–31.  Davante Adams catches the winning TD pass with 11 seconds remaining.
2019 Season:  Packers 34–24.  Aaron Jones ties a Packers franchise record with 4 rushing touchdowns.

2023 Season:  ????????

I hope we win.  

-- Fezzig (The Princess Bride)

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

Packers v. Cowboys, AT&T Stadium:

2013 Season:  Packers 37–36.  Backup QB Matt Flynn leads a massive 2nd half, come-from-behind win  
2016 Season:  Packers 34–31.  Packers win on game-winning 51-yard field goal by Mason Crosby as time expires.
2017 Season:  Packers 35–31.  Davante Adams catches the winning TD pass with 11 seconds remaining.
2019 Season:  Packers 34–24.  Aaron Jones ties a Packers franchise record with 4 rushing touchdowns.

2023 Season:  ????????

I hope we win.  

-- Fezzig (The Princess Bride)

Off to a good start! :7up:

• Like 2

Scuttlebutt this week about McCarthy getting fired if he loses to the Packers. Wonder if Mikey is getting puckered up going down 14-0 so far. 

I'll start the rumor....McCarthy gets replaced with Harbaugh if he loses.

Aaron Jones plays like he’s supercharged in his home state (El Paso).  He loves this field!  

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Doesn't it seem like every missed INT in the end zone is followed by a touchdown?  :doh:  

If Campbell catches that, oh man.....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

I'm down for a Bills vs Cowboys Super Bowl in which the Bills win.

Maybe next year!

6 minutes ago, BastillePark said:

The Cowboys might as well go home because they done. 

They ARE home.  :biggrin:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, 78jazz said:

Chiefs fans do.

They are a special breed.

pot-kettle-black.jpg

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, BastillePark said:

The Cowboys might as well go home because they done. 

12 minutes ago, goose said:

They ARE home.  :biggrin:

48-16 now. I don't see how McCarthy survives this. If he's still the head coach come training camp then Jerry Jones needs to be locked out of the building.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jordan Love:  16 of 20; 272 yards, 3 TD's, 158.3 Rating

He did OK.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

48-16 now. I don't see how McCarthy survives this. If he's still the head coach come training camp then Jerry Jones needs to be locked out of the building.

Dak is 2-5 career in the playoffs.  That's gotta factor in.  But still, Dallas' defense got worked.

Just now, goose said:

Dak is 2-5 career in the playoffs.  That's gotta factor in.  But still, Dallas' defense got worked.

Dak does need to be better, but Dallas' everything got worked. They've been outclassed in every facet of the game. And they shouldn't have been.

• Like 1