The Official 2023 NFL season thread

laughedatbytime

4 hours ago, HemiBeers said:

Stroud 20/26. Glad we didn't have to suffer through Minshew in a playoff game. Colts were playing with house money since Richardson went down.

I suppose it's fitting that Minshew threw behind his wide open receiver to seal the Colts' fate.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, goose said:

Steelers get it done!

Tomorrow they'll be :popcorn: and hoping for the dominoes to fall their way

Titans defeat the Jag...and the Steelers are in! :7up:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, goose said:

How about Clowney earning himself a $750K bonus with his 9th sack of the season yesterday?

Career earnings of over $83 million!  That extra bonus is a life saver!   :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Packers are in the Playoffs!  :sundog:

Even better, they don’t have to play the Jets and you-know-who next year!  They will play the Dolphins!  :biggrin:

Edited by Principled Man

Hechuva TD catch by Johnson of the Rams!  A dragged heel then an elbow in bounds gesture LA within 3pts

8 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

7-10  :thumbsup:

da Bears played a tough game.  They had a few lapses in pass coverage, and they got screwed on that non-call for roughing.  

Draft some really good linemen to protect Fields.  I predict another era of Bears-Packers duking it out for the Division every year.  

Josh Allen Q1 stats:  5/10 with two interceptions, lol

Tua 6/10 with just one pick.  Much better!

Edited by goose

Nothing like a little disparagement to light a fire under a competitor.  :tongue:

Josh promptly throws a TD pass.  :biggrin:

The Chiefs' playoff game will be on Peacock, Saturday @ 7:00 pm.  :unsure:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BastillePark said:

The Falcons coach gave the Saints coach an earful after the game because of their bush league play at the end of the game, and rightly so. 

I read about that and the story is that the O-line wanted to get him a TD.  Didn't see the play, but what I read said they lined up in Victory then audibled for the TD play.  That's a pretty weak way to go about it

The Saints coach apologized 

• Like 1

Steelers pulled that out!  Thank you, Titans! Jags have some thinking to do with getting Trevor Lawrence up to the next level.   Next weekend will be interesting, I think I saw vs the Bills.  I always cheer for the Steelers but all of my high school friends saying " Here comes Ring 7" seems a bit optimistic at this point!  :biggrin:  But who knows, stranger things have happened!  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, goose said:

I read about that and the story is that the O-line wanted to get him a TD.  Didn't see the play, but what I read said they lined up in Victory then audibled for the TD play.  That's a pretty weak way to go about it

The Saints coach apologized 

Falcons HC Arthur Smith is kaput!

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/08/sport/arthur-smith-fired-atlanta-falcons-nfl-spt-intl/index.html 

10 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Goddamn streaming services!  Thankfully I'll be watching as the Dolphins are playing.  A lot will be hedging on who's healthy for Miami, and who is not.  

Morning line Chiefs -3.5, o/u 44.5

11 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Is it a Peacock exclusive?  If so,  garbage.  

Edited by goose
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, goose said:

I suppose it's fitting that Minshew threw behind his wide open receiver to seal the Colts' fate.

In terms of fundamentals, you're clearly right, but the throw wasn't that far behind the guy; it was the sort of catch replacement-level players make all the time. It looked more like the classic case of the dude imagining himself turning and running for the first down (or more) before he secured the catch.  

22 hours ago, BastillePark said:

The Falcons coach gave the Saints coach an earful after the game because of their bush league play at the end of the game, and rightly so. 

Wah wah.  Who cares.  Falcons need to stop crying like a little girl.

23 hours ago, goose said:

Is it a Peacock exclusive?  If so,  garbage.  

As exclusive as these services are.  But it's my understanding that as participating teams the KC and Miami viewing areas will see the game on the local NBC affiliate. WTVJ, the local yokel in MyJamitMe says they will be showing it. We'll see.

In other news, Ron Rivera gets the blindfold, cigarette, and firing squad in DC.

Edited by pjbear05
  • Haha 1

With the way the Chiefs are heralded around here, I'd be floored if it weren't on broadcast TV.

I plan to avoid it and would be pleasantly surprised at a Dolphins win.

2 hours ago, 78jazz said:

With the way the Chiefs are heralded around here, I'd be floored if it weren't on broadcast TV.

I plan to avoid it and would be pleasantly surprised at a Dolphins win.

So would I, 'Fins are beat up.  Also gotta suck for Pittsburgh with TJ Watt out.