Signals 40th Super Deluxe Edition Announced - but no live material?

OneZeroZero

2 hours ago, thizzellewashington said:

It's at $144 now. A pretty steep discount from the original price but still more than I want to pay. If it ever gets down to $100 I might do it.

I wouldn't pay $9.99 for this disappointment of a release,

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ha ha… I finally had a chance to immerse myself in it tonight. I have to admit, I thoroughly enjoyed it…and getting it at the discount certainly helped. Sitting in my home theater and listening to the surround mix and hearing things that I never heard before and different phrasing in Geddy’s vocals, along with the on screen animation/art accompanying each track was fun. A sweet tribute to Neil in the Losing It portion. 

A bonus for me, and I must have overlooked it in the description, was a ‘cleaned up’ version of the Countdown video (and Subdivisions) included on the Blu-Ray. I haven’t seen it in ages and was impressed by the quality of it. Even the NASA footage looked better on my 4K. 

Actually getting the box in my hands and physically going through the content (photos, book, vinyl..etc)  made all the difference for me personally… I’m happy that I got it, after all. 

Edited by Gemari77
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, malm_51 said:

Actually I purchased the Signals 40th anniversary SHM single CD (Japan) recently,  Had to have something from this debacle!!! Have not received it yet, really there is no "RUSH" to receive it as far as I'm concerned!

I also did this - very pleased with the result. But I really am disappointed there is no live stuff...

• Like 2

On 10/8/2023 at 12:37 AM, yyz305 said:

I also did this - very pleased with the result. But I really am disappointed there is no live stuff...

Haven't ruled that out. Certainly not an immediate priority as I continue to enjoy what I have.

It is a beautiful package but I am very disappointed that there is no live show included. I need to get it being that it is my favorite Rush album so I have it for my collection. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ytserush said:

Still considering the Japanese stand alone and obviously not in any hurry. Mobile Fidelity remains my favorite.

I am pleased with the Dolby Atmos version, It is the best it has sounded to my ears yet. I do have the heavy weight vinyl version that was released when they reissued their vinyl. The box would be purely to have in my collection because it is my favorite one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, treeduck said:

Anyone found a secret edition with a live disc included hidden under the floorboards yet??

Maybe up in the attic with that dancer who's seen better years. 

• Haha 3

Richard Chycki doesn't know what is a discrete surround mix and is a bad influence on Alex.:thumbsdown:

Does anyone think the management company has gotten the message about that shitshow release yet?

Do they read these threads?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, grep said:

Does anyone think the management company has gotten the message about that shitshow release yet?

If the sales were low-low, they may notice that, and either (a) rethink their approach and figure out that no new live material was the culprit, for the most part, or

(b) decide that these aren't worth doing anymore and that's that.

Probably the second one, unfortunately.

Edited by Brava Doh!