• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

Anthrax- Spreading The Disease

Pantera- Cowboys From Hell

King's X- Out Of The Silent Planet

A couple of the Pantera guys were huge fans of King's X.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Are those the couple of guys who are no longer with us?

I know Dimebag was one of the aforementioned huge fans; I don't recall who else.

10 hours ago, blueschica said:

I didn't use to notice it much, but it stands out more now I try to listen carefully.  Bruce Springsteen's records are big offenders.  His live recordings and bootlegs are really good and as much as I love his early studio albums they come across as flat in sound (or something!). :laugh:

bruce later period records sound awful.  Magic is the BIGGEST pile of mush ever.  but see i can overlook it cause the material is wonderful.

Mick

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chronos said:

A couple of the Pantera guys were huge fans of King's X.

So they should!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

bruce later period records sound awful.  Magic is the BIGGEST pile of mush ever.  but see i can overlook it cause the material is wonderful.

Mick

How do you overproduce an acoustic album? Devils And Dust...

...and solo Myles Kennedy

• Like 1

Night Ranger- Dawn Patrol 

This is perfect. Like, I can't fault this album! It's a joy every time I come back to it.

Toto- Toto 

ANOTHER PERFECT DEBUT

sorry for shouting

• Like 7

Toto-Mindfields (7/10)

I think i really figured out why this album doesn't quite work......besides being too dam long.

It feels less like Toto and more  like two solo records smashed together.....Bobby's and Lukes.  With an encore by paitch at the end.

there is little balance and cohesion to this record......like at all.....they don't even soud like they recorded together honestly.

Mick

• Like 2

Anthrax- Fistful Of Metal

That album cover is a crime. Otherwise, this debut is really fun but it is mind-blowing how much they changed. For the better, but I still enjoy this record. 

Anthrax- Spreading The Disease 

This album could be an addiction.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Count Basie - Basie Straight Ahead

Ornette Coleman - Change Of The Century

Thelonious Monk - Criss-Cross

Genesis - Nursery Cryme

Ellesmere - Wyrd

Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables

No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom

Nektar - Remember The Future

Can’t say I have a narrow taste in music.

Where’s the Toto !? 😜

Rush- Signals

Rush- Grace Under Pressure 

Rush- Power Windows 

Rush- Hold Your Fire 

It's crazy to me how much I love these albums, but to crazily varying degrees. I NEVER get hooked on Power Windows, but I greatly enjoy it when I play it. I think I love HYF more than I actually do, and I love Signals way more than I realise, and I think Grace Under Pressure is utterly flawless and one of their greatest achievements.

Great stuff, as expected. 

• Like 9

Edguy - Mandrake

For me the 2 best songs on the album were The Pharaoh & Fallen Angels.  That being said, there was a lot of enjoyable songs on this album - did think the album got weaker at the very end.  The last song or 2 were nothing special.  Other than that, quite the album.

Man - the lead singer sounds like Bruce from Iron Maiden.  Its even more obvious on this album.  Will keep exploring this band.

• Like 1

Genesis - Invisible Touch (gotta be their catchiest record, cuz I keep having to put it back on to hear something from it that gets stuck in my head)

Gojira - From Mars To Sirius (first time listen, okay, yeah, I can see how this is better than the two I’ve heard, fair enough. This is pretty stellar holy cow)

Mastodon - Leviathan (there’s a bit in, I think in Hearts Alive, where they totally play a straight up Iron Maiden sounding riff, just noticed that. Sick)

Queen - A Day At The Races (in any other band’s catalogue this would be my favorite album from them, no questions asked)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Edguy - Mandrake

For me the 2 best songs on the album were The Pharaoh & Fallen Angels.  That being said, there was a lot of enjoyable songs on this album - did think the album got weaker at the very end.  The last song or 2 were nothing special.  Other than that, quite the album.

Man - the lead singer sounds like Bruce from Iron Maiden.  Its even more obvious on this album.  Will keep exploring this band.

Definitely agree with the vocals sounding like Bruce. I am a big fan of this album, it's possibly my favourite!

Mastodon's Leviathan is a fantastic album. Full of surprises and I swear it is a different experience every time I listen to it. I consider it a masterpiece in the truest definition of the term.

Edited by Segue Myles

52 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Genesis - Invisible Touch (gotta be their catchiest record, cuz I keep having to put it back on to hear something from it that gets stuck in my head)

Gojira - From Mars To Sirius (first time listen, okay, yeah, I can see how this is better than the two I’ve heard, fair enough. This is pretty stellar holy cow)

Mastodon - Leviathan (there’s a bit in, I think in Hearts Alive, where they totally play a straight up Iron Maiden sounding riff, just noticed that. Sick)

Queen - A Day At The Races (in any other band’s catalogue this would be my favorite album from them, no questions asked)

From Mars To Sirius blew my mind when I listened to it around 2006. I've never been quite as enamoured with anything they have done quite to this extent since then.

• Like 1