Taylor Swift- Midnights

• Like 2

Jimmy Eat World- Damage 

This album hits harder the older I get. 

• Like 1

After Forever- Prison Of Desire 

Sonata Arctica- Unia

1 minute ago, J2112YYZ said:

I believe this was their newest album when I saw them open for Nightwish in 2007.

This is also where i would probably recommend returning fans of the band to start again, if the more melodic Depeche Mode style albums weren't good.

It wasn't my first album, that would be Draconian Times and the self-titled (which came out a couple of years before this album). 

I love all of PL, but In Requiem is where they brought the darkness and metal fully back. They have only gotten heavier since.

I'm jealous, I'd love to see them live! I missed their co-headline tour about a decade ago with Lacuna Coil. Still gutted.

Epica- Requiem For The Indifferent 

• Like 1

Jimmy Eat World- Static Prevails 

I forgot how much I love this album. Its also interesting to hear that though on the surface, so much in their sound is different these days, at its core, they really haven't changed much, whilst never lost their sense of creativity either.

• Like 1

Toto-Toto (10/10)

This is one of my fav debuts ever.  After coming off Boz's Silk Degrees.  these guys burst with an exiting hungry debut. In listening back it still has that Silk degrees vibe.  With Bobby and steve and Dave ACTUALLY sounding very Boz-y on some tracks.  So there is some hold over on this record.  but it surprisingly has some of their more harder rock moments.

i love this album so much.

Mick

• Like 5

Toto-Hydra (6/10)

After the debut this was a letdown creatively and commercially in my country.

Now i actually like the entire first side of this record with Hydra and St George being two of my fav Toto tracks.  99 has such a cool laid back vibe.  I like Lorraine too. Not the strongest song but a catchy hook.

Then things nosedive on side 2.  All us Boys Mama, White sister would improve live but here it's limp.  and WTF  even IS A Secret love?  All these sound like tracks they just slapped together on recording day.

Hydra should have just been a 4 track EP  with just side one IMO.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2