• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, treeduck said:

kreator-gods-of-violence-583c6.jpg

destruction-under-attack-5745.jpg

warbringer-weapons-of-tomorrow-5e5ad1.jp

Never heard a Kreator album I did not like/love. 

To my ears, better than the entire Big Four of US thrash. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Never heard a Kreator album I did not like/love. 

To my ears, better than the entire Big Four of US thrash. 

To my ears they are as good as Anthrax, Slayer and Megadeth.

Not even close to Metallica though.

27 minutes ago, Mithrandir said:

To my ears they are as good as Anthrax, Slayer and Megadeth.

Not even close to Metallica though.

I like Metallica. I don't love them. I can't stand Slayer, Kreator to my ears sound more authentically savage and feral, with a more interesting discography. I've not heard the last few albums.

Megadeth and Anthrax are awesome. Testament, Mekong Delta and Kreator would join those two in my top five. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Bingo, lol.

i love roger........but his lead songs are often my least fav on Queen albums.

Mick

In the 70s especially he always had the weirdest songs on each album. And they wouldn’t even sound very similar to each other. He would go from kinda proto punk to really zeppelinish hard rock to proto shoegaze to whatever Tenement Funster is. I love his songs, but they’re far and away the odd ducks of each album in that decade.

In the 80s though he really hit his stride as a songwriter. And by 91 that’s mostly him writing These Are The Days Of Our Lives, which is easily one of the greatest songs any member of the band ever wrote.

Fall Out Boy - So Much (For) Stardust

Paramore - This Is Why

Talk Talk - The Spirit Of Eden

No Doubt - Return Of Saturn

Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way

You know, on second listen, this new Fall Out Boy might stand up to more than I anticipated. I think it can probably go toe to toe with Save Rock And Roll, which is by far the best of their “reunion” albums, and… I dunno, maybe it’s got a shot against some of the early stuff… it doesn’t feel as essential as FUTCT or IOH, but of course how can it when it’s just come out?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Fall Out Boy - So Much (For) Stardust

Paramore - This Is Why

Talk Talk - The Spirit Of Eden

No Doubt - Return Of Saturn

Red Hot Chili Peppers - By The Way

You know, on second listen, this new Fall Out Boy might stand up to more than I anticipated. I think it can probably go toe to toe with Save Rock And Roll, which is by far the best of their “reunion” albums, and… I dunno, maybe it’s got a shot against some of the early stuff… it doesn’t feel as essential as FUTCT or IOH, but of course how can it when it’s just come out?

Return Of Eden is a beautiful album

1 minute ago, The Cat 3 said:

:goodone:

One of the best sounding, best produced, best written and best performed pop-rock albums of all time in my opinion.

I don’t think I go that far with it, but I do like it a lot. No Doubt is one of those bands from the CD era that liked to take full advantage of the extended run time of a CD, and for that reason I find myself always getting a bit lost in the thick of the album, for better or worse. Same with Sublime and RHCP. By the end I’m usually pretty ready to put something different on, not that I didn’t enjoy the whole record, but any more would risk fatiguing me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Of all the bands I wish were better than they actually are, this is one right near the top of the list.

This most recent album is spectacular though. But their discography is mostly trash, and I'm saying that as someone who still had fun with it.

Have you checked out Sonata Arctica?

Not a lot.  I have listened to them a little bit, but never a full album.  They are another one I want to find the time to try out.  But based on the little I have heard they are not high on my list to try.  Lot of other bands that come to mind b4 them.

6 hours ago, The Cat 3 said:

:goodone:

One of the best sounding, best produced, best written and best performed pop-rock albums of all time in my opinion.

Facts!

• Like 2

Van Halen-5150 (10/10)

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge (8/10)

Yup i'm one of those guys that think this band improved with Hagar.  i may be totally wrong and can admit this one.  but honestly can't stand DLR  and his schtick.

i prefer this more melodic version of the band.

Mick

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Van Halen-5150 (10/10)

Yup i'm one of those guys that think this band improved with Hagar.  i may be totally wrong and can admit this one.  but honestly can't stand DLR  and his schtick.

Mick

I don't really like Van Halen at all before Hagar. Pre-Hagar Halen I can replace happily with Montrose.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Van Halen-5150 (10/10)

Mick

I'm always surprised when fans talk about how cool they thought Roth was. I always thought he was an annoying dork. He pretty much proved that with all those stupid music videos he did once he went solo. The band made him cool. Sammy was cool on his own before joining Van Halen.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I'm always surprised when fans talk about how cool they thought Roth was. I always thought he was an annoying dork. He pretty much proved that with all those stupid music videos he did once he went solo. The band made him cool. Sammy was cool on his own before joining Van Halen.

THANK YOU MAN!!!! he was a drunken fool.

and maybe this is a matter of opinion but he can't what's the word?  SING!!!!!!!

only reason people think they were so much better is they have the image of him doing jazz-ercize on stage.

and live shows were awful.  he'd drunkenly stumble about.  forget lyrics.  not talking the band..just him. al though they were all loaded, lol

give me Sammy.  any day week or hour. and roth diehard fans are INSUFFERABLE.

Mick

• Like 2