Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

43 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

i find it super generic.

and given stapp's problems honestly shouldn't have been made.

Mick

Definitely. Heard worse though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I really like Full Circle. Its reputation as a disappointing album is fair, but they were so huge, you can't blame them for being creatively tired. And Tapp was not in a good place.

Don't forget that album came out after the first two Alter Bridge albums. Everyone's priorities were somewhere else. Tremonti was definitely saving his better stuff for them. It was a badly timed reunion as I don't think enough time had passed for it to really mean anything. It was giving into music industry pressure. From what I can remember, people weren't really dying for a Creed reunion at that time. I read that they're getting back together next year for some shows. I'm not sure why as it's obvious Alter Bridge is the top priority.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

Don't forget that album came out after the first two Alter Bridge albums. Everyone's priorities were somewhere else. Tremonti was definitely saving his better stuff for them. It was a badly timed reunion as I don't think enough time had passed for it to really mean anything. It was giving into music industry pressure. From what I can remember, people weren't really dying for a Creed reunion at that time. I read that they're getting back together next year for some shows. I'm not sure why as it's obvious Alter Bridge is the top priority.

totally agreed.  Mark is like totally past creed.  face it they're a relic band from a style that's done.....at least the style's dead to me, lol

and i love em but on my list of bands to revive they are like non-existent.

Mick

• Like 1

Boston - Boston

Rush - 2112

Thin Lizzy - Johnny The Fox

Queensrÿche - Operation: Mindcrime

• Like 7

THE LADDER - Album by Yes | Spotify

I actually don't mind Can I?, still cant get through 1 minute of LIghtning Strikes though

Also this is their most emotional album behind CTTE. The double whammy of If Only You Knew going right into To Be Alive shakes me everytime

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

totally agreed.  Mark is like totally past creed.  face it they're a relic band from a style that's done.....at least the style's dead to me, lol

and i love em but on my list of bands to revive they are like non-existent.

Mick

Some bands have their time and there's no reason to go back. I think Creed is one of those bands. They will never come close to capturing what they did with those first three albums.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

Some bands have their time and there's no reason to go back. I think Creed is one of those bands. They will never come close to capturing what they did with those first three albums.

I replayed Full Circle last night. I do hope it's their last. If they were able to strike gold and write a killer album, fine, but let's not repeat this.

Still, as far as mainstream rock goes, I've heard worse. That's not a compliment really.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Boston - Boston

Rush - 2112

Thin Lizzy - Johnny The Fox

Queensrÿche - Operation: Mindcrime

🤔 Hmm just a general observation …

seems like Chinese years of the Dragon 

are normally pretty good for Rock releases!

1976 : Boston, Rush, Thin Lizzy as per the albums you’ve listed 👍😎

( plus Led Zep - Presence  

Rainbow - Rising ,  Genesis - a trick of the tail  )

1988 : Queensrŷche - Operation Mindcrime

VH - OU812,  Metallica - And Justice for All,   Megadeth ‘ So far, so good … ‘ 

Toto ‘ The Seventh One ‘ 

Maiden ‘ Seventh Son of a 7th Son ‘ 

.. anyway my point in aroundabout way 🤣

is next year 2024 is another Dragon year so 

🤞for another great year for Rock & Metal :ROCK:  :yes:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Survivor-Eye of the Tiger (9/10)

Great album.  i just skip the title song.......hate it:puke:

Mick

Yeah the title track is their ‘ Africa ‘ 🤣

• Like 1