The Official 2022-23 NHL Season Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

16 minutes ago, Rhyta said:

That's ridiculous, are they that afraid of their fans?  Classless move guys.

And a stupid one. They'd at least have the place filled up for a change. :tongue:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

And a stupid one. They'd at least have the place filled up for a change. :tongue:

Likely you're right, especially considering the other playoffs going on about 30 miles South.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

This is actually a fairly common move. Teams will say the initial ticket purchase can only be made by certain zip codes.

7 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Feeling pretty down today, Avs worked their way through injuries all year and then for them to come up short just stinks.  The Cup run last year really took its toll, its easy to forget how hard it is to win it let alone back to back.  Will see what next year brings.  Now, who the hell do I root for going forward?  Guess I'll just wait and see.  :hockey2:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

I may be a Panther supporter, but this is just fuuped duck:

https://theathletic.com/4477716/2023/05/01/florida-panthers-ticket-sales-maple-leafs/

Bwahaha, now they're saying they wanted to restrict the sales for single game for the first 24 hours to allow local fans access to the tickets, and afterwards tickets would be available from "secondary markets".  Same article (from Ft. Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel, behind a paywall) said seasonal average attendance was at 86.5% of FLA Live Arena capacity, whereas Leaf fans attendance was 99.5 of Scotiabank Arena's capacity.  Oh, the hypocrisy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Bwahaha, now they're saying they wanted to restrict the sales for single game for the first 24 hours to allow local fans access to the tickets, and afterwards tickets would be available from "secondary markets".  Same article (from Ft. Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel, behind a paywall) said seasonal average attendance was at 86.5% of FLA Live Arena capacity, whereas Leaf fans attendance was 99.5 of Scotiabank Arena's capacity.  Oh, the hypocrisy!

I'm surprised it was as high as 86.5%. Panthers had a much better regular season last year and there were whole sections of empty seats at their home games. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

With the (third or fourth-tier team) Rangers out, I'm hoping for an Oilers-Maple Leafs final. Make it happen, Canada!

Here's the order of teams I'd like to see win it all from first to last: Toronto, New Jersey, Carolina, Florida, Edmonton, Dallas, Seattle, Vegas. From this, it looks like I'm agreeing with you, but it wasn't a good start to the proceedings yesterday. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Here's the order of teams I'd like to see win it all from first to last: Toronto, New Jersey, Carolina, Florida, Edmonton, Dallas, Seattle, Vegas. From this, it looks like I'm agreeing with you, but it wasn't a good start to the proceedings yesterday. 

Bloody hell, it's not going well at all.  :angry:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

Panthers, baby!  Take both games in Toronto!

I'd like to see the Leafs do well this playoff season, but with Kampf, Lafferty and McCabe present...  :facepalm:  

• Like 1

In the second round, in games one, and two in Toronto, Toronto, and Florida played each other, with Toronto losing 4-2, and 3-2 to be behind the series 2-0.  Now, the series goes to Florida, for games three, and four on Sun., and next Wed.  It's early in the series, so anything else can happen, and don't know what will.  It's still only a game, too.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

No, no it's not!

I went to the kitchen for just a minute and Leafs went from winning to losing...it  :facepalm:  

• Like 2

At least the Stars tied their series up.  Can't stand Dallas but hope that Benn shows the Krack heads what a real rough hit is....still p.o. about Eberle's check on Cogs.....:banghead:   Hate to say it but hope the Eastern Conference wins this year, whoever wins it will break a long stretch.  Please no Edmonton too...:puke:  There, I feel so much better :laugh:

Going to enjoy watching, it's still hockey :hockey2: the best game on earth :imo:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Mike Keenan is going to get fired again.  :eh: 

Already?  Hasn't got to coach the Italian team yet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rhyta said:

Already?  Hasn't got to coach the Italian team yet.

He did and failed to get promoted to top division by losing to England today. Didn't change the goalies enough, I guess.  :wink:  

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned