The Official 2022-23 NHL Season Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

5 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Crazy night in the playoffs, all the road teams won the first game.  :blink:  So much for home ice advantage.

Release the Kraken!  :bounce:

Avs coming down the mountain!  Two goals in 40 seconds to tie and Toews gets the winner...We have a tie series now:pirate:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Amazing, but in a wrong uniform.  :rolleyes:

Of Course but that ship has sailed.  He's been one of my favorite players for years so I am happy for him.  Especially since the Rangers fans are being jerks and criticizing him for not scoring in the first game...now he's selfish because he didn't pass to Krieder...boo hoo.

Still Showtime :clap:

Goddamn referees better get control of TOR vs TBL.  Penalty calls or lack thereof, the blown disallowed TB goal, etc. 3 fckin blind mice.

Edit:  4-3 Leafs in OT.  Goddamn refs....

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

The refs can look at the leafs ,tampa can look at the leafs , we can look at the leafs and the leafs can look at the leafs .... Unfortunately, they will again lose another 1st round playoff round and be out  . and so on, and so on..                  Not that I want this to happen but oh god- It will..                                    

38 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

Devils win in a hell of an OT vs NY.  Great set up to and shot by Dougie Hamilton.

Av's and Kraken to finish the night.

What a day so far for hockey fans.  And the Kraken have tied it up at 3-3, so we're not done yet!  :drool:

• Like 1

The 2022-23 N.H.L. regular season has been finished, and the Toronto Maple Leafs finished in fourth in the Eastern Conference, and fourth overall, in the N.H.L.  Before the regular season was finished, in the first round of the playoffs, it looked like it was going to be Toronto, and Tampa Bay.  In the first game, and game one, to me, Toronto looked like they didn't want to make any mistakes, and tentative, and they lost 7-3.  It was only one, and the first game.  Last Thurs., in the second game, and game two, they scored their first goal early in the game similar, and like what Tampa Bay did, and won 7-2.  After the first two games were in Toronto, tonight, in the third game, and game three in Tampa Bay, Toronto won 4-3 in overtime.  Toronto leads the series 2-1.  I wasn't going to say, and don't want to say about any of the officials because they shouldn't need to dictate on how the game is, and games are played, but they should be consistent by calling all illegal plays, and things, and not let any illegal plays, and things go, and for the first time, when there shouldn't be a penalty, not to call one.  It's a seven game series, and only a game.             

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 2

Tampa drops game 3 at home 4-3 in OT. Emotions were on full tilt on both side of the puck and officiating was horrid or they were letting them play... Both side could have merit but to me personally Tampa got the short end of the stick, IDK I may be biased :confused:! Toronto leads the series 2-1 game 4 Monday at Amalie. 

Let's GO BOLTS

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩

• Like 2

12 hours ago, goose said:

Some fun OT hawkey today!

:popcorn:

Keeping me from getting to see the Kraken, though... :rage:

Bwahaha, my remote got a workout last night, with me going from ABC to TNT to TRU TV, and occasional jumps to ESPN to check on Bucks v Heat.  Again today with hockeu basketball and NASCAR at Talladega.  All my life I've been working that remote overtime.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pjbear05 said:

Bwahaha, my remote got a workout last night, with me going from ABC to TNT to TRU TV, and occasional jumps to ESPN to check on Bucks v Heat.  Again today with hockeu basketball and NASCAR at Talladega.  All my life I've been working that remote overtime.

And don't forget soccer, snooker, darts and baseball.  :wacko: 

• Haha 2

Great game with Avs and Kraken last night,  MacKinnon is a beast!  Glad the Moose got a couple of goals too.  :bounce:

• Like 1

Tampa drops game 4 in a heartbreaking

5-4 OT loss to Toronto. The saddest aspect is the Lightning held a commanding 4-1 lead in the 3rd! Then Tampa just let off the gas and try to play not to lose! A very dangerous strategy against  a hungry opponent playing desperately to get a monkey off their back. Anyhoo pile on top of that OT seems to be this teams krypotonite this round. Is it impossible for me BOLTS to win 3 in a row to win, absolutely NOT! Is it unlikely they will, absolutely! Even the majority of "fans" have already written off this playoff run. I'm still holding on to the "We got'em right where we want'em!" angle :blink::wacko::unsure::shakehead:

Let's GO BOLTS!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩

On 4/23/2023 at 8:23 PM, Rhyta said:

Great game with Avs and Kraken last night,  MacKinnon is a beast!  Glad the Moose got a couple of goals too.  :bounce:

Even better game last night, with the Kraken getting their first home ice win with an OT goal.. Let me se your tentacles, people!

release-the-kraken-icegif-1.gif

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned