The Official 2022-23 NHL Season Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

18 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Quietly, the Bruins are becoming a "cursed," franchise with regard to melting down under pressure.  This season, losing 3 home games in the 2019 Finals, giving up 2 goals in 90 seconds in Game 6 in 2013.  Very sad.

Not trying to pile on, Rick, but it was 17 seconds.   :bolt:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, blackhawkrush said:

Not trying to pile on, Rick, but it was 17 seconds.   :bolt:

Thank God this isn't SOCN, or we'd have 10 pages of debate on whether those two are inconsistent, because ACKSHUALLY 2 goals scored in 90 seconds can include 2 goals 17 seconds apart.  :smile:

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Thank God this isn't SOCN, or we'd have 10 pages of debate on whether those two are inconsistent, because ACKSHUALLY 2 goals scored in 90 seconds can include 2 goals 17 seconds apart.  :smile:

We can expect LABT in here any minute. 

40 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

I'll tag Jarg

2 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Quietly, the Bruins are becoming a "cursed," franchise with regard to melting down under pressure.  This season, losing 3 home games in the 2019 Finals, giving up 2 goals in 90 seconds in Game 6 in 2013.  Very sad.

Felger and Mazz will be brutal today. 

4 minutes ago, edhunter said:

I'm not a listener, but I hope they kill McAvoy.  The delta between his good play and bad play is horrifying.  When he f*cks up it's worse than anything a high school kid would do.

1 hour ago, edhunter said:

You have someone talking hockey in Boston? Over here, they can't even pronounce Verhaeghe correctly during an update. And spelling it... :facepalm:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

You have someone talking hockey in Boston? Over here, they can't even pronounce Verhaeghe correctly during an update. And spelling it... :facepalm:

The priority here is Patriots, Celtics/Bruins, Red Sox.  But yeah,  there is a lot of talk about hockey here.

The station is 98.5, the Sports Hub. The 2 pm show is about to start it will be a bloodbath. You should find it online.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackhawkrush said:

We can expect LABT in here any minute. 

Of course it can.

A goal at 19:01 of the third.   Why does that sound familiar?

5 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

Of course it can.

A goal at 19:01 of the third.   Why does that sound familiar?

1901, Karl-August Fagerholm, Prime Minister of Finland was born. 

1 hour ago, Rick N. Backer said:

I'm not a listener, but I hope they kill McAvoy.  The delta between his good play and bad play is horrifying.  When he f*cks up it's worse than anything a high school kid would do.

They are killing the d-corps as a whole. 

Feeling pretty down today, Avs worked their way through injuries all year and then for them to come up short just stinks.  The Cup run last year really took its toll, its easy to forget how hard it is to win it let alone back to back.  Will see what next year brings.  Now, who the hell do I root for going forward?  Guess I'll just wait and see.  :hockey2:

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Rhyta said:

Feeling pretty down today, Avs worked their way through injuries all year and then for them to come up short just stinks.  The Cup run last year really took its toll, its easy to forget how hard it is to win it let alone back to back.  Will see what next year brings.  Now, who the hell do I root for going forward?  Guess I'll just wait and see.  :hockey2:

You still have the women winning gold.  :whipgirl:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

You still have the women winning gold.  :whipgirl:

yeah but not the same.  Maybe Kane will get to play another round

2 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

I may be a Panther supporter, but this is just fuuped duck:

https://theathletic.com/4477716/2023/05/01/florida-panthers-ticket-sales-maple-leafs/

I wouldn't be too worried, how many Canadians can come up with that much real money?

• The topic was unpinned