The Official 2022-23 NHL Season Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

14 hours ago, goose said:

Even better game last night, with the Kraken getting their first home ice win with an OT goal.. Let me se your tentacles, people!

release-the-kraken-icegif-1.gif

What's it doing in Chicago?  :unsure:

• Haha 2

Ok, will Boston close out the Panthers tonight?   Will the refs spoil another game?  Will have to stay tuned to see.  Go Avs!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Matthew Tkachuk with the GWG in OT, Back to So Fl folks!

You can take the fighting out of the regular season, but you can't take it out the playoffs.  :smile: 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Matthew Tkachuk with the GWG in OT, Back to So Fl folks!

Bob the Goalie had a great game too, the shots difference was pretty high.  :clap:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Ok, will Boston close out the Panthers tonight?   Will the refs spoil another game?  Will have to stay tuned to see.  Go Avs!

No, because Tuukka Rask didn't retire.  He just calls himself something else.

My son sent me a text after the game that nailed it:  "Mite level mistake."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

My money's on you Rick, if Rask and you meet in heaven.  :poke:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rick N. Backer said:

I might not get there.

Rask is DEFINITELY not getting there.  :smile:

Well, wherever you might set it up, ring side seat for me, don't you know.  :popcorn:

Tampa lives to see another day! Hanging on to a 4-2 win over the leafs! Man I wonder if Toronto fans are shittin their pants as tonight's game was the 11th time they could've closed out a series and did not! Back to Tampa Saturday for game 6. Man o man this seems like deja vu!

Let's GO Bolts!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 2

On 4/27/2023 at 4:14 PM, Rick N. Backer said:

:unsure:  Presidents Trophy curse maybe?

20 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Show-time is slagging a bit.   :firedevil:  

Saw they moved Panarin down a line, didn't see anything Kane said.  What did I miss?

• Like 1

Tonight all 4 games could close out these series...Keeping my fingers crossed for Avs to take it back to Denver :unsure:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Rhyta said:

Saw they moved Panarin down a line, didn't see anything Kane said.  What did I miss?

I didn't think the Devils would challenge this year because they're still young, but they seemed to have figured it out now. While saying that, the Rangers just might advance in seven. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rhyta said:

Tonight all 4 games could close out these series...Keeping my fingers crossed for Avs to take it back to Denver :unsure:

What's the story with Nichushkin? Did he go off to fight the Ukrainians? 

1 hour ago, blackhawkrush said:

Wow alert, Pastrnak with a beauty.  :notworthy: 

Fuq Pasta, Panthers drop 4 goals on the Bruins in the 3rd period.  7-5. Cats, going back to Beantown for game 7.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

Fuq Pasta, Panthers drop 4 goals on the Bruins in the 3rd period.  7-5. Cats, going back to Beantown for game 7.

Heat all over again? I'd rather have the Bruins win, but still, good luck to you.  :fistbump: 

23 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Heat all over again? I'd rather have the Bruins win, but still, good luck to you.  :fistbump: 

God, the Heat game was only mildly crazy, this was stark raving insane.  Even more so as we were not getting a national cable broadcast in SoFlo, but the Bally Sports FL local yokel hookup.  PbP Craig Minervini and color man Randy Moeller were going berserk!

• Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 11:00 AM, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Can the Avs repeat? Will the Maple Leafs finally win a playoff round? Will the Senators become respectable? Will the Coyotes find a way to fill a 5,000-seat arena? Will Carolina continue to be overrated by the hockey pundits? Will Torts last more than three months in Philly?

Stay tuned. :hockey1:

I'm doing quite well in 73's Q&A. :cool: All I need is Colorado to lose...piece of cake. 

• Haha 1

Well That's it! The end of a fluky season comes to an end at the hands of the Maple Leafs in a 2-1 OT loss. The 3rd OT loss this series. For the 1st time since 2019 the Tampa Bay Lightning will not be in the Stanley Cup Finals,and the Leafs finally make it through the 1st round. These last few years have been a hell of a ride and as the Tampa area is, I am still proud of what my team accomplished! There's always next year.. 

Let's GO Bolts!!!

🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️🌩️

• Like 2

In game four after Toronto were trailing 4-1 in the third period, scored three goals to tie it 4-4, went into overtime, scored, and win 5-4 in Tampa Bay to lead the series 3-1, last Thurs., weren't able to win game five back in Toronto, with their 4-2 loss, but lead the series 3-2, and returned back to Tampa Bay, for game six, went into overtime, and win 2-1, they've won the series 4-2.  What a series it was.  Now, in the second round, Toronto, will play the winner between Boston, and Florida.  

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

On 4/28/2023 at 5:28 PM, blackhawkrush said:

What's the story with Nichushkin? Did he go off to fight the Ukrainians? 

There's a bunch of rumors but team only saying personal reasons...very strange.  Now we lose Cogliano from bad hit Friday, cracked bone in his neck.  It's their year for injuries :sad:

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned