The Official 2022-23 NHL Season Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

14 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Tkachuk can only take you so far, apparently. 

Seems the Panthers ran out of get out of jail free cards (i.e.penalty box) this go round.  Tkachuk really got lucky on that hit on Eichel, that was scary how fast he was moving.  Seems he had to top the previous game bad behavior and then some.  Punching some one while your teammate has his arm around their neck wasn't dickish enough?  Florida has some major impulse control problems, if they don't get it under control that will end their cinderella season for sure.   Especially if Gudas is out for a few games, that was a bad hit too.

Vegas has to be feeling better about this season than 2018.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Seems the Panthers ran out of get out of jail free cards (i.e.penalty box) this go round.  Tkachuk really got lucky on that hit on Eichel, that was scary how fast he was moving.  Seems he had to top the previous game bad behavior and then some.  Punching some one while your teammate has his arm around their neck wasn't dickish enough?  Florida has some major impulse control problems, if they don't get it under control that will end their cinderella season for sure.   Especially if Gudas is out for a few games, that was a bad hit too.

Vegas has to be feeling better about this season than 2018.

In Florida, it'll be rat cake, rat sorbet, rat pudding and strawberry tart.   :pirate:  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Panthers sticking with Bobrovsky between the pipes tonight. Hmmmm.

Gotta dance with the one that brought you, I guess.  Not really surprised.

• Like 1

Looks like ESPN is not renewing Chris Chelios' contract for next year.  Rumors more departures to come with Disney now cost-cutting.  ESPN is the dumbest channel, we are into the Stanley Cup Finals and they aren't even showing it on network tv.  Last year, they had it on ABC so everyone could see it.  But this year it's all on TNT.  Heard ratings are half of last year, not sure how much streaming has to do with it but it's not a good idea to limit your audience for the biggest games of the year :blink:.  I don't get the NHL, why did they go back to these losers?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Rhyta said:

Looks like ESPN is not renewing Chris Chelios' contract for next year.  Rumors more departures to come with Disney now cost-cutting.  ESPN is the dumbest channel, we are into the Stanley Cup Finals and they aren't even showing it on network tv.  Last year, they had it on ABC so everyone could see it.  But this year it's all on TNT.  Heard ratings are half of last year, not sure how much streaming has to do with it but it's not a good idea to limit your audience for the biggest games of the year :blink:.  I don't get the NHL, why did they go back to these losers?

Buttman probably got his palm greased.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhyta said:

Preach on, Rhyta.  :cheers:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Verhaeghe a' la rat!  :chickendance:

Is it me, or are most of the Panthers goals scored with high shots?  Nothing in an ice level scrum or in the five hole, but goalies shoulder level and/or to the upper corners of the net?

Damn, Carter really smoked that GWG!

That was an exciting game, figured the Cats would bounce back, Tkachuk is an energizer bunny.  Now we will see if Vegas can regroup tomorrow.

:hockey2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhyta said:

That was an exciting game, figured the Cats would bounce back, Tkachuk is an energizer bunny.  Now we will see if Vegas can regroup tomorrow.

:hockey2:

What happens in Vegas...  :blush:

• Like 1

On 6/10/2023 at 10:08 PM, goose said:

Nice win by the Knights. 

Stay classy, Florida, those post-final antics were a riot! :biggrin:

Gee you think they were Stars fans :laugh:

• Haha 1

Matt Tkachuk and  Panthers coach Paul Maurice staying mum about Tkachuk's status for Tuesday night.  Matt disappeared from the Cat's bench partway through the 3rd period Saturday.  

Allegedly hs is "beat up*; sounds like the oft mentioned "lower (or upper) body injury".

8 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Matt Tkachuk and  Panthers coach Paul Maurice staying mum about Tkachuk's status for Tuesday night.  Matt disappeared from the Cat's bench partway through the 3rd period Saturday.  

Allegedly hs is "beat up*; sounds like the oft mentioned "lower (or upper) body injury".

Heard it was an arm, he sat on the bench for a bit in the 3rd period.  Guess we shall see.

Been enjoying the Quest for the Cup series on ESPN+ (one thing they actually do right) really loved seeing the Avs episodes last year.  Even though I don't really care for either team, it is fun to see the locker rooms prior to games and after.  Learned a lot about the coaches too, Cassidy is such an improvement over DeBoer.  Impressed with Cassidy and the way he acts with the team.  Maurice is a cool customer too.

Guess I am a hockey nerd :coy:

• Like 1

Damn this is ugly.  I'm gonna love seeing how Dave Hyde (Ft. Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel sports) turns this sow's ear into a silk purse, especially after Monday night.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Damn this is ugly.  I'm gonna love seeing how Dave Hyde (Ft. Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel sports) turns this sow's ear into a silk purse, especially after Monday night.

Florida embarrassed themselves and the league.  :scared:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

It's an improvement from the sweep in '96.   :thumbsup:  

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned