What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

I had yet another stupid farking nightmare about college. :rage: It's always the same theme; I'm either lost and can't find the classroom, or I'm scrambling to complete a course that I've been skipping all semester.

It's utterly ridiculous! It's been TWELVE YEARS since I graduated...... :wtf:

I can't tell you how many times I've had these dreams. It usually takes the form of me showing up for a class on the day of the final, and I haven't been there since the first day. Or there is some huge paper due at the end, and I never wrote it. It's usually an English class.

:LOL:

What pisses me off the most is that I earned two BA's and a Masters, and I had a 3.95 GPA for my entire time at university. My attendance was exemplary, and 95% of the time, I thoroughly enjoyed all of it. Why, then, do I dream about this??!!! :rage: :rage:

Dreams like those aren't about school or college, per se. They are about a feeling you have about not being prepared for something important. The whole college class thing is just the vehicle that your mind uses to express this fear.

Do something important? Moi? I work, eat, sleep, and play mediocre golf.........I YEARN for something important to do..... :laughing guy:

My 17-year old nephew, who has had a non-stop troubled life, made his stage debut in his high school's summer musical, Pippin. In a principal role, he played King Charlemagne. Being a good loner - anti-social and apathetic - he basically alienated himself from the rest of the cast via blowing off rehearsals and stage work days. Tonight, the show went on, and he did very well.......until right after the Show, when he blew off everyone and didn't stay for the required cast photos on stage. :rage: :rage:

Son, if you want your classmates' respect, if you want friends, you have to EARN IT. You be a professional, you put aside your petty squabbles, and you STAND WITH YOUR CAST MATES.

Will this boy ever learn? Only the future knows...... :facepalm:

My 17-year old nephew, who has had a non-stop troubled life, made his stage debut in his high school's summer musical, Pippin. In a principal role, he played King Charlemagne. Being a good loner - anti-social and apathetic - he basically alienated himself from the rest of the cast via blowing off rehearsals and stage work days. Tonight, the show went on, and he did very well.......until right after the Show, when he blew off everyone and didn't stay for the required cast photos on stage. :rage: :rage:

Son, if you want your classmates' respect, if you want friends, you have to EARN IT. You be a professional, you put aside your petty squabbles, and you STAND WITH YOUR CAST MATES.

Will this boy ever learn? Only the future knows...... :facepalm:

Sounds like something he might regret down the line.

My bandmates plus one is in Italy right now, and I'm stuck here because I have to pay for a crappy Apple product. Well, it's not like I was asked to join anyway, so ...

Well, I had to BUY a new Apple product, though the one it replaced wasn't crappy. It was stolen. :rage: :rage: :rage:

You like to think you can trust the people you've worked with for SEVEN FREAKING YEARS! I had my iPod on my work laptop, just juicing up the battery for my end of the day workout. I went to disconnect it and it was GONE.

Jesus, it's a shuffle! Fifty bucks. Not like it was a $300 64 gig touch. I waited a couple of days to see if the thief might return it, but after having to endure the crappy gym music (Katy Perry, Maroon5 and other shit that makes me want to stab my eardrums with rusty tetanus-infested knitting needles), I gave up and bought another one today.

Edit for typo. Yes, I am that OCD about it.

Edited by Mara

My bandmates plus one is in Italy right now, and I'm stuck here because I have to pay for a crappy Apple product. Well, it's not like I was asked to join anyway, so ...

Well, I had to BUY a new Apple product, though the one it replaced wasn't crappy. It was stolen. :rage: :rage: :rage:

You like to think you can trust the people you've worked with for SEVEN FREAKING YEARS! I had my iPod on my work laptop, just juicing up the battery for my end of the day workout. I went to disconnect it and it was GONE.

Jesus, it's a shuffle! Fifty bucks. Not like it was a $300 64 gig touch. I waited a couple of days to see if the thief might return it, but after having to endure the crappy gym music (Katy Perry, Maroon5 and other shit that makes me want to stab my eardrums with rusty tetanus-infested knitting needles), I gave up and bought another one today.

A self-centered, narcissistic soon-to-be 21-year old niece of mine just does not get it.

When you're nagged for the umpteenth time to CLEAN THE F"CKING LITTER BOX, you DO IT!! It's YOUR CAT. Don't stand there and argue and change the subject......CLEAN THE F"CKING LITTER BOX!!

Because you're about to come home and find the litter box dumped all over your bed......

:rage: :rage: :rage:

• Like 2

my photo editing program won't open so i can't work on my thing that I'm making for Ged's birthday :rage:

A self-centered, narcissistic soon-to-be 21-year old niece of mine just does not get it.

When you're nagged for the umpteenth time to CLEAN THE F"CKING LITTER BOX, you DO IT!! It's YOUR CAT. Don't stand there and argue and change the subject......CLEAN THE F"CKING LITTER BOX!!

Because you're about to come home and find the litter box dumped all over your bed......

:rage: :rage: :rage:

DO IT!!!!!! And please video the reaction and post it here! :D

We did this years ago to a roommate who never cleaned up his messes in the kitchen. He came stumbling in late one night and crawled into bed with a head of lettuce and some dirty dishes. He was not pleased, but the problem ceased to be one.

• Like 1

If having one Apple product fail on me is not enough then my iPhone is starting too. The glass is coming off on one of the sides. Good thing I'm covered by consumer law on this, and I just hope they'll give me a new one.

I feel like the whole f***ing world is coming down on me.

f**k everything!

:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

:D :D

I live half way between Detroit and Toronto. Today, July 16, it's 17 C (62 F). The wind is howling out of the north, and it's going down to 10 C (50 F) overnight... :wtf:

Sounds like a San Francisco summer day. Seriously. I'd say most summer days here are in the 60s, with dips into the 50s. We're lucky if the temps reach the 70s.

Aaaand that's something that pisses me off - SF "summer."

I live half way between Detroit and Toronto. Today, July 16, it's 17 C (62 F). The wind is howling out of the north, and it's going down to 10 C (50 F) overnight... :wtf:

Sounds like a San Francisco summer day. Seriously. I'd say most summer days here are in the 60s, with dips into the 50s. We're lucky if the temps reach the 70s.

We had a horrid winter unlike any in years. And spring was mediocre, to be kind. Now that we finally have some summer (where it's at least 10 C or 22 F higher daily than today's temperatures), I feel robbed with today's weather. It feels like September. Hopefully it improves tomorrow. What are San Francisco winters like? Do you get any snow?

We had a horrid winter unlike any in years. And spring was mediocre, to be kind. Now that we finally have some summer (where it's at least 10 C or 22 F higher daily than today's temperatures), I feel robbed with today's weather. It feels like September. Hopefully it improves tomorrow. What are San Francisco winters like? Do you get any snow?

No, we don't get snow. Our winters are very mild, and at the coldest it might dip down to freezing on a couple of nights. Days will be in the 40s and 50s. The past few years the weather has been wacky and we've had warm Januarys with temps from the 60s to the 80s!

Normally it only rains here from the beginning of November to the end of May (give or take a couple weeks), but this year we've had almost no rain. It's pretty bad.

Do you live near London?

I live in Windsor and work in Detroit

Do you live near London?

Yes, I live in London Ont. we're almost neighbors

Do you live near London?

Yes, I live in London Ont. we're almost neighbors

Yeah, almost. The funny part is I moved here from California about 8 years ago and I used to live in the SF Bay Area where X1yyz that you were posting with above lives. Trippy.

• Like 2