What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

It's April 15, meaning the new Ian Anderson album is out. I braved the 15F temperature. I dug my car out of the snow. I dealt with strangers at the store telling me poop stories. And THEN I found out they aren't even stocking the CD! :(

At least I got to yell at some poor retail salesperson who was wrong about their inventory. That was fun.

• Like 1

I was wearing my Rush Power Windows World Tour shirt that says 1980 on the back today and somebody came up from behind and asked me if I was at that show. I asked if I looked like I was old enough to be at a show in 1980 (I was born in 1990). The woman said I looked about 40. Time to shave my beard I guess.

I was wearing my Rush Power Windows World Tour shirt that says 1980 on the back today and somebody came up from behind and asked me if I was at that show. I asked if I looked like I was old enough to be at a show in 1980 (I was born in 1990). The woman said I looked about 40. Time to shave my beard I guess.

Where did you get your shirt? Power Windows came out in 1985. :)

Where did you get your shirt? Power Windows came out in 1985. :)

Ooh... that should say Permanent Waves. I posted what I was listening to, not what I was wearing.

I went out for a few hours and came home at 3pm only to find my husband drunk and passed out. Again. :(

That's in the afternoon right? This am and pm still confuses me. Doesn't sound good though. Is he getting drunk a lot?

Nosy-ass coworkers......asking me the stupidest questions every freaking night about what I'm eating for lunch, why I eat my lunch out in my car, why I brush my teeth during break time, why I changed seats in the break room.....

.....MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!! :rage:

Edited by Principled Man

I went out for a few hours and came home at 3pm only to find my husband drunk and passed out. Again. :(

That's in the afternoon right? This am and pm still confuses me. Doesn't sound good though. Is he getting drunk a lot?

Yeah, 3 in the afternoon. It doesn't happen a lot, maybe once every 1-4 months, but I hate it. He's got his own demons after a crappy childhood full of emotional and physical abuse from his father, and this happens every once in awhile as he tries to deal with it. (He's also going to a therapist.) But it still sucks :(

Yeah, 3 in the afternoon. It doesn't happen a lot, maybe once every 1-4 months, but I hate it. He's got his own demons after a crappy childhood full of emotional and physical abuse from his father, and this happens every once in awhile as he tries to deal with it. (He's also going to a therapist.) But it still sucks :(

As I have posted on here before I used to drink beer daily. Around 3-6 every evening (or whenever I got home from work) but never drunk and always at home. I did this for about 10 years and stopped almost a year ago now. To be honest I am not even sure why I even started it but I know I wasn't happy and still am not really. I just know when my wife "bothered" me about it I became even more resentful toward her. It was actually pretty easy for me to stop even though she kept claiming I was a alcoholic and making me feel bad. Sounds like you and he have a handle on it but I would be cautious about ridiculing him about it.... :rose: :)

It's the first long weekend of the year here in Canada. I woke up with a cold, aches and chills. :rage:

:( :rose:

It's the first long weekend of the year here in Canada. I woke up with a cold, aches and chills. :rage:

Do you not get family day off?

Family Day is provincially regulated. I work for a company that is federally regulated so I did not get Family Day off . :rage: Canada Post worked Family Day and they were kind enough to drop some bills in my mailbox that day. :rage:

Do you not get family day off?

Family Day is provincially regulated. I work for a company that is federally regulated so I did not get Family Day off . :rage: Canada Post worked Family Day and they were kind enough to drop some bills in my mailbox that day. :rage:

:rose: :(

Here is a hint for any of you who may know someone who gets migraines:

When the sufferer is in the beginning stages of a migraine, complete with nausea, scotoma, and pain that feels like an iron spike in one eyeball, do NOT, DO NOT suggest to them that they might not get migraines if they'd "go gluten free".

It very nearly got someone cuntpunted today. As it was I acted completely unlike myself and literally yelled at her to "get out of here! JUST GET OUT! I DON'T NEED ADVICE RIGHT NOW!!!" I don't think anyone in the office has ever heard me yell in anger before but I was really feeling like crap.

She's a pain in everyone's ass anyway with her preachy diet advice and I probably could have gotten away with decking her; I don't think anyone would have corroborated her story.

I took an Imitrex shot and was fine within 30 minutes. But there is always that panicky feeling of "oh god, what if it doesn't work?"

Edited by Mara
  • Like 3

As I have posted on here before I used to drink beer daily. Around 3-6 every evening (or whenever I got home from work) but never drunk and always at home. I did this for about 10 years and stopped almost a year ago now. To be honest I am not even sure why I even started it but I know I wasn't happy and still am not really. I just know when my wife "bothered" me about it I became even more resentful toward her. It was actually pretty easy for me to stop even though she kept claiming I was a alcoholic and making me feel bad. Sounds like you and he have a handle on it but I would be cautious about ridiculing him about it.... :rose: :)

3-6 beers isn't a lot. And if you weren't drunk, was it really an issue? You're making yourself out to be some raging booze bag .

3-6 beers isn't a lot. And if you weren't drunk, was it really an issue? You're making yourself out to be some raging booze bag .

Just stating how it was. I agree with you to some extent. My point is that I didn't really think it was that much of a problem but my wife, mother and a few other family members that care for me did. Truth is, in retrospect, the main reason I stopped was to change my diet and get into shape. The guilt thrust upon me by the ones who care about me bothered me short term but never stopped me obviously. I functioned quite well during this time period and my intent is not to paint myself as an alcoholic lying in a back alley somewhere. Apologies if it seemed so. My point has always been and was with my wife as well is that this is a habit and not an addiction. Thats what it seemed to me at the time and today also.....

I'm sorry to hear that. It's amazing how much damage a person can inflict on another person and how deep those scars run. :(

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear that. It's amazing how much damage a person can inflict on another person and how deep those scars run. :(

Thank you :)

Here is a hint for any of you who may know someone who gets migraines:

When the sufferer is in the beginning stages of a migraine, complete with nausea, scotoma, and pain that feels like an iron spike in one eyeball, do NOT, DO NOT suggest to them that they might not get migraines if they'd "go gluten free".

It very nearly got someone cuntpunted today. As it was I acted completely unlike myself and literally yelled at her to "get out of here! JUST GET OUT! I DON'T NEED ADVICE RIGHT NOW!!!" I don't think anyone in the office has ever heard me yell in anger before but I was really feeling like crap.

She's a pain in everyone's ass anyway with her preachy diet advice and I probably could have gotten away with decking her; I don't think anyone would have corroborated her story.

I took an Imitrex shot and was fine within 30 minutes. But there is always that panicky feeling of "oh god, what if it doesn't work?"

Gluten pisses me off!

• Like 1