What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Still awaiting the delivery of a DVD that should've arrived on the 11th of March. It's nearly a week late. :rage:

Never mind - I spanked someone with an email, got a refund and got it from someone else. And it arrived. :)

(Which now defeats the object of this page..! :P )

You should make a separate thread called "What pissed you off and made your day today?"

:LOL:

Heh..! :LOL:

New password day... so annoying, typing my old password, getting "password invalid" and then typing my new password. It's like that for a couple days until I get used to typing my new one... like this for a couple days every month.

Definitely a First World problem..... :P :P :P

• Like 1

*sad*

My 15-year-old kitty has had two strokes today.

The first one happened as I was coming through the front door after my morning run. I opened the door (he always waits for me to return) and that's when the first one struck. I raced him to the emergency vet and that's when they told me what happened. Brought him home and he had another one about six hours later. I'm scared for my kitty.

I cried the entire way to the vet, managed to gather myself walking into the clinic and then when the gal at the front desk asked how she could help me I lost it all over again!

*sad*

The first one happened as I was coming through the front door after my morning run. I opened the door (he always waits for me to return) and that's when the first one struck. I raced him to the emergency vet and that's when they told me what happened. Brought him home and he had another one about six hours later. I'm scared for my kitty.

I cried the entire way to the vet, managed to gather myself walking into the clinic and then when the gal at the front desk asked how she could help me I lost it all over again!

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/Smilies%20GIFs/grouphug_zpsca4356aa.gif

• Like 1

*sad*

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/blackcc/Smilies%20GIFs/grouphug_zpsca4356aa.gif

Thanks DSC. Hugs are needed. Got him as an 8-week-old kitten and now he's a grandpa. He's still his old self though. I was petting him a little while ago and he kept giving me soft little kisses.

• Like 1

*sad*

Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear this, Janie! :hug2: I hope he will be okay!!

• Like 1

*sad*

:hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 1

*sad*

More :hug2: :hug2: I hope your kitty recovers quickly.

• Like 1

*sad*

Thanks DSC. Hugs are needed. Got him as an 8-week-old kitten and now he's a grandpa. He's still his old self though. I was petting him a little while ago and he kept giving me soft little kisses.

Sorry to hear about your cat,

Its always tough when they have been part of the family there entire life. Hope he gets well soon. :) :pussy:

• Like 1

Janie, sorry to read about your cat. I have a 15 year old cat too. She's been in good health her entire life, but I know that her days are numbered.

The longer you have a cat, the worse it is. The cats we have now have become a family. It will be hard when they go, and that should start soon. The youngest is 11, and the oldest is 15.

Hugs for you, Janie.

• Like 2

*sad*

:hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

^^^ This and :( As cat lovers we all get this. So sorry...
  • Like 2

Janie, sorry to read about your cat. I have a 15 year old cat too. She's been in good health her entire life, but I know that her days are numbered.

The longer you have a cat, the worse it is. The cats we have now have become a family. It will be hard when they go, and that should start soon. The youngest is 11, and the oldest is 15.

Hugs for you, Janie.

He had another stroke this morning and then crawled under the bed (which he never does). I took that as a bad sign but he just slept and eventually came out. I don't think he's had another one but he needs to see a kitty cardiologist and no one can see him until towards the end of next week?! The strokes don't last very long but it is horrible to witness.

I've had pets my whole life and always will. The love they give and all the times you get to hang with them, petting them, loving them, getting soft little kisses is so awesome. But this part is so hard to endure.

Our other cat will not leave his side when he's having a stroke. He sits right by his side and follows him around until he settles in some place. I guess yesterday when I left to go to the vet, the other kitty sat at the back door and meowed and meowed until we returned.

Edited by Janie

Hugs for you, Janie.

He had another stroke this morning and then crawled under the bed (which he never does). I took that as a bad sign but he just slept and eventually came out. I don't think he's had another one but he needs to see a kitty cardiologist and no one can see him until towards the end of next week?! The strokes don't last very long but it is horrible to witness.

I've had pets my whole life and always will. The love they give and all the times you get to hang with them, petting them, loving them, getting soft little kisses is so awesome. But this part is so hard to endure.

Our other cat will not leave his side when he's having a stroke. He sits right by his side and follows him around until he settles in some place. I guess yesterday when I left to go to the vet, the other kitty sat at the back door and meowed and meowed until we returned.

Are they strokes, or seizures? or perhaps seizures caused by strokes. I don't really know how it all works.

Hoping for the best.

• Like 1

Hugs for you, Janie.

How do you know the cat is having a stroke?

It's very hard to watch an animal suffer and not be able to help it. I know that very well.

Cats are very unique creatures. Each one has a distinct personality. The other cat you have that is sensitive to your sick cat, we had a similar experience once, so I know what you are talking about. Some cats are more in tune than others.

Let me know what happens and how everything goes. :hug2: And give one to your cats too. :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 1

Hugs for you, Janie.

Sorry to hear this information, sending positive thoughts your and kitty's way. :hug2:

• Like 1

Hugs for you, Janie.

How do you know the cat is having a stroke?

It's very hard to watch an animal suffer and not be able to help it. I know that very well.

Cats are very unique creatures. Each one has a distinct personality. The other cat you have that is sensitive to your sick cat, we had a similar experience once, so I know what you are talking about. Some cats are more in tune than others.

Let me know what happens and how everything goes. :hug2: And give one to your cats too. :hug2: :hug2:

Thank you everyone with your concern. They are indeed strokes. So, he has a significant heart murmur and with his age I guess that translates to heart disease and since the heart valves don't work right, blood clots form. The clots dislodge from the heart and travel through the body. There are different routes they take and his are travelling to his brain. The first stroke was the worst one. He lost control of his back right leg and partial control of his right front leg, toppled over and sort of shook while having a really strange look in his eyes. All the strokes have been the same, more or less.

He has an appointment to see an animal cardiologist in a few days but in the meantime, his vet said we can put him on baby Aspirin to thin the blood so clots don't form. He gets one tablet every three days. I don't think he's had any new strokes. Otherwise, he seems like his old self! Friendlier than ever actually!

• Like 2

Why is there no sound from my iCloud movies and Netflix on my Apple TV box I just got a week ago? :facepalm: :banghead: My BTTF marathon will have to wait until I resolve the problem. Crackle, Hulu and my torrent downloads are great volume wise but not those two for some reason. Edited by invisible airwave