What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Feb 23 2011, 11:22 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Feb 22 2011, 08:28 AM)
Had all my pre-op workup yesterday and am good to go for next Tuesday's orthopedic surgery.

In meeting with my Dr., he told me he'd "prefer" I don't take up rowing again.  To quote, "Can you?  Sure.  But "could" and "should" are two different things." 

I told him, "Look, I picked up rowing because I could no longer run.  I love it - love the workout, love the rowing club I belong to, love everything about it.  I'd prefer to run, but rowing has been a more than adequate substitute. 

So, your choice.  Either I run or I row.  You pick.  This hip is not going to keep limiting my activity."

He laughed.  I think he knows I'm going to row again.

why do you need to be so active? My hip is fine and I sit at a desk barely moving for 8 hours a day... most nights too.

shaun, I think I now understand why you haven't been laid since 1979. tongue.gif pokey.gif

Mara, here's to a speedy recovery trink38.gif

This.. stupid.. idiot guy who was sitting next to me at during the speech of a Holocaust survivor! He was texting!!

I don't mind if people text. That's fine. But he wasn't supposed to have it out during school anyways, and for God's sake -- is your stupid conversation really more important and interesting than the eyewitness account of a woman who survived going to a proverbial hell and making it back? Who's taking time out of her day to come speak to a bunch of teenagers? Made me so mad.

But at least then our teacher stormed over and took his phone away. Served him right, disrespecting our guest like that...

QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Feb 28 2011, 10:42 PM)
Today I had someone say that pokerfae is by far the greatest song mankind has ever written.

I literally threw up 062802puke_prv.gif

Okay not literally, but still.

Dude, I gotta admit... you've got a pretty damn good life if stuff like this is what pisses you off.

And it's not that bad of a song. Greatest evar? No. Worst evar? No.

I was nearly done with my art project for class, and then..

I ran out of blue paint.

It seems like a silly thing to get upset over, but it really was a "fate is laughing at me now" moment, since after tomorrow I won't have a second to spare on this project. I'll be at State B-Ball and slaving over homework, so now I have to try and go in after school tomorrow and finish. And I was so close to completing it, too! D:

Art is so frustrating. For real. Rewarding when it turns out the way you want, but not when you run out of supplies. |:

QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Mar 1 2011, 03:42 AM)
At cm, stuff like that pisses me off too.

Today I had someone say that pokerfae is by far the greatest song mankind has ever written.

I literally threw up 062802puke_prv.gif

Okay not literally, but still.

Oh, thanks a lot! I just got that goddamn song out of my head, and now you've made me think of it again! banghead.gif

I hate you. angry.gif (kidding tongue.gif )

A pipe exploded under my sink. So I replaced it. Apparently the old pipe behind it didn't like the new pipe - and exploded. WTF.

But that's nothing.....

I bought a puppy from the other day and they shipped me a dead Hamster. When I called them they said the battery just needed to be replaced. They sent me a 9v which did nothing for the Hamster. I then put it in a smoke detector and it didn't work.

So after $250, I have a non working smoke detector and one gnarly shipping box.

Edited by Boyd

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Mar 3 2011, 02:58 PM)
boyd, since you have the hamster at least you don't have to buy dinner

Time to break out the Frank's Red Hot.

Had to watch a play 1st period, half of the leading cast were people who I hate or annoy me so I couldn't enjoy it. Then, 3rd period.. Oh god facepalm.gif ..Most annoying classmates I've ever had..

Nothing that loosening up to Goob's Psycheprog Thursdays can't heal though.

The fact that my school seems unable to appreciate the girls' basketball team, and they proved it today.

Just.. ugh! After - what, ten years? - they finally make it to State and totally kick butt, and our student section was... tiny. Tin. Y. The band was bigger than that, and we only took 50-60 people or something. The other team is from a small town and they probably had 300 students there!!

(They were super loud. My ears started ringing at one point, but thankfully it's gone now.)

The fact is that when the guys b-ball team goes to State, everyone, and I mean everyone is there. Or -- at least a very good amount of people. I'll be cheering just as loud next week for the dudes - but it would be nice to see a few more people there for our ladies!

Found out my Mom and her boyfriend got a basement apartment which they are moving into as of April 1st. That leaves me here in our two bedroom for a little bit longer, however due to our housing situation I will be considered over-housed and sooner rather than later be moved into a one-bedroom apartment. That part is not bad.

Its the fact that my bills will almost double, thus leaving a serious question mark on going to college this September. I applied and got accepted to 3 schools, but now due to this situation I'm really not sure I can afford to go. On top of school full-time I would have to work 30-40 hours a week (also full-time) as I would have rent to pay, utilities, my car payments, car insurance, my phone, etc. Oh yeah and food.

I know a lot of people have done it, and probably continue to do that, but its just a tough card that I've been dealt. Really tough decision I have to make.

REFEREES.

OH. MY. GOD.

I -- I just can't explain it. I just want to kick the next referee I see for making bogus calls against our team. And I swear, they were bogus. And half the time they wouldn't call it out when the other team clearly fouled. Cost the ladies the State semi-final. I know, I know, I shouldn't take it so personally, I'm not even a basketball player (anymore) but... It's a school pride thing. As a band student I've gone to tons and tons of Basketball games and so I feel really close to the games. And it's my senior year! It would've been so fantastic for them to at least make it to the State final.

And I am so not going to the stupid "consolation game". It's just another way for N$AA to make more and more money.

Oh, but then after the game, they didn't even give us time to go grab food before hopping on the bus to go back home. So I arrived back at school upset, angry, and starving.

And it's freezing outside. And gloomy. And overall not helping my sour mood.