Fakebook Is Down

JohnRogers

There seems to be a lot of anti- Facebook sentiment in this thread.

I will share some great advice from a MOTS thread on the Super Bowl halftime show provided by the esteemed J2112YYZ that I hope can be as much a help to you as it was to me that could resolve the situation and improve your life immeasurably. It was a true life changer and an incredible eye opener.

To paraphrase his wise words...if you don't like it, don't use it!

:mushroomcloudexplodes:

I have never used social media myself. It just isn't my thing at all. I have a phone number and email I can give to people I want to stay in contact with. If that isn't good enough for them then they can f**k off. Is that too old school and behind the times? Maybe. But that's how I operate.

I do understand the benefits of social media though. If you're in the entertainment world or you own a business or something and you need the public's awareness in order for you to make a living, that's fine. But just some random idiot living a regular life? Who cares?

Edited by J2112YYZ

There seems to be a lot of anti- Facebook sentiment in this thread.

I will share some great advice from a MOTS thread on the Super Bowl halftime show provided by the esteemed J2112YYZ that I hope can be as much a help to you as it was to me that could resolve the situation and improve your life immeasurably. It was a true life changer and an incredible eye opener.

To paraphrase his wise words...if you don't like it, don't use it!

:mushroomcloudexplodes:

I have never used social media myself. It just isn't my thing at all. I have a phone number and email I can give to people I want to stay in contact with. If that isn't good enough for them then they can f**k off. Is that too old school and behind the times? Maybe. But that's how I operate.

I do understand the benefits of social media though. If you're in the entertainment world or you own a business or something and you need the public's awareness in order for you to make a living, that's fine. But just some random idiot living a regular life? Who cares?

Ugh, clearly this is a man who never photographed his meal.

I'm not trying to catch up with the people from my past, I'm running from them.

Yep, I have yet to go to any of my high school reunions, so why should I do the Facebook version of that on a daily basis?

Notifications

The Shithead who spent all of 8th grade picking on you has sent you a Friend request

The Cute Girl who always looked at you like you're a piece of crap Liked one of your comments

Yeah, okay.

• Like 2

I'm not trying to catch up with the people from my past, I'm running from them.

Yep, I have yet to go to any of my high school reunions, so why should I do the Facebook version of that on a daily basis?

Notifications

The Shithead who spent all of 8th grade picking on you has sent you a friend request

The Cute Girl who always looked at you like you're a piece of crap Liked one of your comments

Yeah, okay.

Ignorance is bliss. I got along more with underclass than those in my 1999 senior class. Most were douchebags.

I wasn't fussed by the absence of Facebook itself, but I was highly unsettled when I realised how many people I talk to every day on Facebook messenger programmes.

You mean Disgrace Book.

Never have joined. Never will.

You don't know what you're missing. In depth, hard hitting political discussion that rivals anything here. Also, Grumpy Cat™.

Also, a big difference between Facebook and here, there's a much better mix of lefties and righties.

Edited by Fordgalaxy
  • Like 1

You mean Disgrace Book.

You don't know what you're missing. In depth, hard hitting political discussion that rivals anything here. Also, Grumpy Cat™.

Also, a big difference between Facebook and here, there's a much better mix of lefties and righties.

I would rather invest in FB stock than join.

Glad it's more balanced politically. But I'm going to stay out of politics. No win situation. Grumpy Cat? Never heard of that cat!

• Like 1

You mean Disgrace Book.

Instagram is where it's at for cats anyways.

• Like 1

You mean Disgrace Book.

I would rather invest in FB stock than join.

Glad it's more balanced politically. But I'm going to stay out of politics. No win situation. Grumpy Cat? Never heard of that cat!

OihmMkUl.jpg

• Like 2

You mean Disgrace Book.

But if you did, you'd be the loudest guy on there. ;)

Earl's account would be banned within an hour of joining. They wouldn't believe that it was an actual person posting the kind of stuff he does lol.

• Like 1

I don't really care what the economic impact would be, we'd all be better off if Facebook had just never come back online.

But, where would all the world's morons congregate?

I don't really care what the economic impact would be, we'd all be better off if Facebook had just never come back online.

But, where would all the world's morons congregate?

They'd just go back to handing out leaflets at the county fair.

A lot of virtue signaling in this thread.

I actually had to look up the meaning of virtue signaling. I haven't kept up with current hip words and phrases.

Oh...it's moral grandstanding! I get it ..... :lol:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

A lot of virtue signaling in this thread.

I actually had to look up the meaning of virtue signaling. I haven't kept up with current hip words and phrases.

Oh...it's moral grandstanding! I get it ..... :lol:

If you didn't know the term before you certainly couldn't have figured it out by inference using the thread's content, since it's a horribly poor example of that.

Judging from that, the reasonable inference would be that it was some sort of pathology to introduce irrelevant topics one obsesses about into an unrelated discussion or trolling to achieve the same ends. But terms aren't always used correctly when they're not well understood.

• Like 1