The "send good wishes and happy thoughts" to Lorraine thread

laughedatbytime

Here are some photos to start the week with! I hope it is a good one for you, dear Lorraine! There are from about 10 days ago, in my zinnias. We had some pretty butterflies. They must have been hightailing it south! Haven't seen any this week!

P1R3FAGl.jpg. p0d4Nuul.jpg

That's gorgeous. Those butterflies are beautiful. They're so big.

• Like 3

1634528678[/url'>' post='4958723']
1634445431' post='4958453']
1634442142[/url'>' post='4958435']
1634395281' post='4958232']

51595473666_744c30a2fb_b.jpg

That's really beautiful. I'm assuming you took these pictures yourself?

I took some last minute ones on the dying vines. Some of them came out very nice. I've been busy drying out the seeds and give them to others who live here, and to just some friends who might want to plant a sunflower for me next Spring.

All the flower pictures I post are taken by either myself or my husband in our pollinator gardens, which we like to plant up in all the awkward parts of our property that aren't suitable for veg gardens or more formal landscaping. Growing pollinator-friendly plants has become an important and meaningful part of my year.

I didn't get many sunflowers this year but here are some good ones from a few years ago: 29258727080_1bab280e33_o_d.jpg

%20https%3A//live.staticflickr.com/65535/51597835371_b5559926d9_o_d.jpg

%20https%3A//live.staticflickr.com/8523/29811119662_43282d471c_o_d.jpg

I have already planned a space for sunflowers next year for you :hug2:

Is it possible for me to send you the seeds from my sunflowers? The thought came to me today that you might like to plant them. Only questions are: will they think we are sending contraband drugs via the usps and, if not, what would be the best way to pack them up for you? I know they are going to ask what's in the package. Maybe my age is an asset as I smile sweetly and say, "Sunflower seeds!! from my garden for my friend to plant in her garden"

What do you think?

Lorraine, I have sent seeds through the mail many times, so I wouldn’t think it would be a problem. If you want to send me some and are comfortable with it, I’d welcome them! Either way, there will definitely be sunflowers at my house :hug2:

• Like 3

I took some last minute ones on the dying vines. Some of them came out very nice. I've been busy drying out the seeds and give them to others who live here, and to just some friends who might want to plant a sunflower for me next Spring.

All the flower pictures I post are taken by either myself or my husband in our pollinator gardens, which we like to plant up in all the awkward parts of our property that aren't suitable for veg gardens or more formal landscaping. Growing pollinator-friendly plants has become an important and meaningful part of my year.

I didn't get many sunflowers this year but here are some good ones from a few years ago: 29258727080_1bab280e33_o_d.jpg

Is it possible for me to send you the seeds from my sunflowers? The thought came to me today that you might like to plant them. Only questions are: will they think we are sending contraband drugs via the usps and, if not, what would be the best way to pack them up for you? I know they are going to ask what's in the package. Maybe my age is an asset as I smile sweetly and say, "Sunflower seeds!! from my garden for my friend to plant in her garden"

What do you think?

Lorraine, I have sent seeds through the mail many times, so I wouldn’t think it would be a problem. If you want to send me some and are comfortable with it, I’d welcome them! Either way, there will definitely be sunflowers at my house :hug2:

Tell me how best to send them and I will do it.

The worst that can happen is that the feds will descend upon this place to arrest a woman dying from cancer for sending sunflower seeds to a friend.

• Like 1

What do you think?

The worst that can happen is that the feds will descend upon this place to arrest a woman dying from cancer for sending sunflower seeds to a friend.

Put the seeds into a paper envelope and then send that in a padded mailer. It really shouldn’t be a problem.

• Like 1

What do you think?

Put the seeds into a paper envelope and then send that in a padded mailer. It really shouldn’t be a problem.

Agree. Have had seeds delivered through the mail. Just this way^^^ . Paper envelope inside a padded one.

Edited by grep
  • Like 1

I'm not religious at all but I stopped in at an RC church today & lit a candle for Lorraine. I hope it helps. I mean that.

Well, the roof didn't collapse and you appear to be uninjured, so that is a very good sign indeed!!!!

Seriously, I am very much touched that you would even do something like that for me.

Thank you. :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 3

I know you said you can't watch videos but maybe with the sound off ? Thinking of you and sending prayers your way :hug2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2SkNtMmqnU

Rhyta it is so bright and cheerful. Thank you.

It is rainy and dreary and just blah here. It's hard to keep my head about on good days. On a day like today, it is a challenge.

I'll go have some peanut butter pretzels and see if I can't cheer myself up. :codger:

:hug2:

• Like 5

I know you said you can't watch videos but maybe with the sound off ? Thinking of you and sending prayers your way :hug2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2SkNtMmqnU

Rhyta it is so bright and cheerful. Thank you.

It is rainy and dreary and just blah here. It's hard to keep my head about on good days. On a day like today, it is a challenge.

I'll go have some peanut butter pretzels and see if I can't cheer myself up. :codger:

Yum!

• Like 3

I'm off to church to send thoughts and prayers and the best for my trf friends. :yes: :)

:hi: :angel: :cool:

Thank you! Enjoy your time there and please leave feeling fulfilled and at peace.

• Like 3

I'm off to church to send thoughts and prayers and the best for my trf friends. :yes: :)

:hi: :angel: :cool:

Thank you! :heart: :heart: :heart:

• Like 4

I am sending good thoughts and prayerful hope and love to all here on trf.

Sincerely wishing the best to everyone.

At this point, each dayvis a gift.

And for those of you sick of men and these threads, like I tell my husband, cheer up, I' ll be deadcsoon enough!

• Like 5

And for those of you sick of men and these threads, like I tell my husband, cheer up, I' ll be deadcsoon enough!

Never, I've loved your posts since day 1, even more so now.

Your strength & humour inspire me.

Much love to you. X

• Like 6

Stop thinking like that. But hell, you are indeed and example of strength and class. Nobody is sick of these threads.... you just post as you see fit (no expectations from us), and know that there's a bunch of people out here on the interwebz that look to see how you are doing and what you post.

• Like 4

Sending ❤️ to you.

• Like 4

About a week ago I went to a medieval church to be carried by the silence and to pray. I also lighted a candle for you, Lorraine. It is one of those tall ones facing the beautiful icon.

51685854765_48dabc81e0_z.jpg

51684953666_97e2563296_z.jpg

• Like 9

About a week ago I went to a medieval church to be carried by the silence and to pray. I also lighted a candle for you, Lorraine. It is one of those tall ones facing the beautiful icon.

51685854765_48dabc81e0_z.jpg

51684953666_97e2563296_z.jpg

So lovely. I got your name on a prayer chain at St. Ann's Church (in my city) a couple a weeks ago, wishing you a good day :hug2:

• Like 4