The "send good wishes and happy thoughts" to Lorraine thread

laughedatbytime

Hello :hi: I like to listen to Beethoven when I need to get away from music with lyrics. I hope you like this. This is Beethoven's Symphony No. 1 in C Major. Op 21.

Edited by librarian
  • Like 4

A TRF member (who will go unnamed :ph34r: :ph34r: ) really took this thread to heart and sent these gorgeous flowers to Lorraine! She asked me to post photos because they are so beautiful. TRF members are awesome!

ZgZBGAKl.jpg uiAtA0El.jpg

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 12

A TRF member (who will go unnamed :ph34r: :ph34r: ) really took this thread to heart and sent these gorgeous flowers to Lorraine! She asked me to post photos because they are so beautiful. TRF members are awesome!

ZgZBGAKl.jpg uiAtA0El.jpg

That they are! :)

Aren't the flowers absolutely beautiful? They'd be even better if I was a better photographer, but I did the best I could considering I know about 15% of how the phone functions and what it can and can't do.

Not even one of the hospice workers, whose job it is to report such things, telling me I look pretty bad, feel bad. Since we first met - maybe six weeks ago? - she said I lost weight, my face looks tired and drawn, and my voice is losing its oomph.

• Like 1

51595473666_744c30a2fb_b.jpg

That's really beautiful. I'm assuming you took these pictures yourself?

I took some last minute ones on the dying vines. Some of them came out very nice. I've been busy drying out the seeds and give them to others who live here, and to just some friends who might want to plant a sunflower for me next Spring.

• Like 1

I took some last minute ones on the dying vines. Some of them came out very nice. I've been busy drying out the seeds and give them to others who live here, and to just some friends who might want to plant a sunflower for me next Spring.

All the flower pictures I post are taken by either myself or my husband in our pollinator gardens, which we like to plant up in all the awkward parts of our property that aren't suitable for veg gardens or more formal landscaping. Growing pollinator-friendly plants has become an important and meaningful part of my year.

I didn't get many sunflowers this year but here are some good ones from a few years ago: 29258727080_1bab280e33_o_d.jpg

51597835371_b5559926d9_o_d.jpg

29811119662_43282d471c_o_d.jpg

I have already planned a space for sunflowers next year for you :hug2:

• Like 6

I love sunflowers too. I remember a trip to Kansas in the early 2000's to meet my hubby's grandfather. We drove by many fields of them and they were always facing the sun. On the way back we could almost see them move towards the sun as we drove west. Beautiful and I got a lovely t-shirt with a big sunflower on the front as my souvenir of the trip. :heart: Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 5

All the flower pictures I post are taken by either myself or my husband in our pollinator gardens, which we like to plant up in all the awkward parts of our property that aren't suitable for veg gardens or more formal landscaping. Growing pollinator-friendly plants has become an important and meaningful part of my year.

I didn't get many sunflowers this year but here are some good ones from a few years ago: 29258727080_1bab280e33_o_d.jpg

%20https%3A//live.staticflickr.com/65535/51597835371_b5559926d9_o_d.jpg

%20https%3A//live.staticflickr.com/8523/29811119662_43282d471c_o_d.jpg

I have already planned a space for sunflowers next year for you :hug2:

Is it possible for me to send you the seeds from my sunflowers? The thought came to me today that you might like to plant them. Only questions are: will they think we are sending contraband drugs via the usps and, if not, what would be the best way to pack them up for you? I know they are going to ask what's in the package. Maybe my age is an asset as I smile sweetly and say, "Sunflower seeds!! from my garden for my friend to plant in her garden"

What do you think?

• Like 1

I love sunflowers too. I remember a trip to Kansas in the early 2000's to meet my hubby's grandfather. We drove by many fields of them and they were always facing the sun. On the way back we could almost see them move towards the sun as we drove west. Beautiful and I got a lovely t-shirt with a big sunflower on the front as my souvenir of the trip. :heart:

I never knew this would happen to me, but that's why I chose a packet of them to plant when we moved in at the end of April. They required no garden expert to do it. Just dig small hole and shove in seeds and water a lot. Then one day, about two weeks later, these little green shoots started sprouting out of the ground. They grew very fast It as exciting waiting for the fist one to bloom. The bees and hummingbirds loved them.

They are bright and sunny and a joy to look at.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

Here are some photos to start the week with! I hope it is a good one for you, dear Lorraine! There are from about 10 days ago, in my zinnias. We had some pretty butterflies. They must have been hightailing it south! Haven't seen any this week!

P1R3FAGl.jpg. p0d4Nuul.jpg

• Like 8

D7B-2815.jpg

D7B-2817.jpg

D7B-2996.jpg

Love the bee action photos.

Thanks. We try to keep 'Buzzy' busy. :)

Awesome!!! :sundog:
  • Like 2