The "send good wishes and happy thoughts" to Lorraine thread

laughedatbytime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R82OM5tzcrk

I know this is one of her favorite songs. Enjoy!

Much better southern rock jam than Freebird, in my opinion. Nothing but the best for our Lorraine. :monalisa:

The Outlaws blow Skynyrd AWAY!!

I've been away but for amazing reasons. I hope Lorraine is ok. She's always been there for me! Love you Lorraine!

You were always there for me during my brutal divorce and my serious DARKNESS.

Now through time and patience I have found true love. It does exist. No matter how negative or how much crap we all go through in live over relationships and other crap life gives us there really is HOPE.

I was about to totally give up.

Then BOOM!

Cliche as it may seem.

It's the TRUTH.

BE STRONG L!

Earl

• Like 4

Much better southern rock jam than Freebird, in my opinion. Nothing but the best for our Lorraine. :monalisa:

I've been away but for amazing reasons. I hope Lorraine is ok. She's always been there for me! Love you Lorraine!

Now through time and patience I have found true love. It does exist. No matter how negative or how much crap we all go through in live over relationships and other crap life gives us there really is HOPE.

Then BOOM!

Cliche as it may seem.

It's the TRUTH.

BE STRONG L!

Earl

Earl, I'm dying. I have colon cancer, the malignant tumor was removed, it's in the lymph nodes, and the tumor is growing back quickly. They call it Stage 3C cancer. I don't think the oncologist would call it that today.

I am on Hospice. They come to our home now, but I have chosen to die at the Hospice House.

That is the plain and simple fact. I am dying. Probably won't live much longer than January if I even make it to that.

Glad you finally found love, but I am dying.

Your prayers would be appreciated.

:hug2:

Edited by Lorraine

The tiniest of the tiny night butterfly flew into my home tonight. She has wings shaped like a heart, and looks amazingly beautiful. This life is about short moments of beauty, and I wish from my heart that you get to enjoy as many of these as possible during the time you have left, Lorraine. :heart:

Praying for you, and a big thank you for praying for each of us. :heart: You are amazing! :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 9

Then BOOM!

Cliche as it may seem.

It's the TRUTH.

BE STRONG L!

Earl

Earl, I'm dying. I have colon cancer, the malignant tumor was removed, it's in the lymph nodes, and the tumor is growing back quickly. They call it Stage 3C cancer. I don't think the oncologist would call it that today.

I am on Hospice. They come to our home now, but I have chosen to die at the Hospice House.

That is the plain and simple fact. I am dying. Probably won't live much longer than January if I even make it to that.

Glad you finally found love, but I am dying.

Your prayers would be appreciated.

:hug2:

Oh My God Lorraine!

I can't believe what I am reading.

I am soooooo sorry. My stomach hurts. I'm in shock. My prayers are with you. Always.

The last thing I remember was that you were taking care of your ill husband.

But now this is your reality.

Words cannot express how I feel right now.

I am sad.

My words to you on here over the years and in PMS were always true and from the heart.

You are one of the most wonderful human beings I have ever met. Well I always wanted to meet you in person and give you a big HUG!!!

My heart is aching. I will be thinking about you all the time.

I do love you Lorraine. I know you are STRONG.

I could say "FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT" LORRAINE!

Then sign my name,

TRIUMPH

But I can't joke around now, although I hope somehow I can put a smile on your face.

GRACE UNDER PRESSURE.

Such is the meaning of life.

Love Always,

Earl

• Like 4

The tiniest of the tiny night butterfly flew into my home tonight. She has wings shaped like a heart, and looks amazingly beautiful. This life is about short moments of beauty, and I wish from my heart that you get to enjoy as many of these as possible during the time you have left, Lorraine. :heart:

Praying for you, and a big thank you for praying for each of us. :heart: You are amazing! :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

I still can't read this without crying.

Thank you for one of the most beautiful posts I ever read on here.

• Like 6

I still can't read this without crying.

Thank you for one of the most beautiful posts I ever read on here.

Thank you for these kind words, Lorraine. :heart: Yesterday, when I read the post in this thread, I cried my heart out. I'm stil crying. The people on TRF are the best. You are and will always be one of us, Lorraine. Hugs. :heart: :hug2:

• Like 6

Today, my wife and I enjoyed dining al fresco and walking along the river in Hoboken.

Lorraine, did you do Hoboken back in the day?

• Like 5

Oh John Rogers, did I ever!! The 80's was my Hoboken Decade.

I will be back later.

It started out in 1980 at a restaurant that is no longer there - The Hoboken House. They had delicious food. The owners were great, and so were the people who worked there. We used to go there every Friday night. I used to have the time of my life there.

Then there was a place called Rosebuds. It was a dance place, I didn't especially care much for it, but it was better than the dive down the street called The Beatin' Path. Their bartenders had a tendency to help themselves to any money left on the bar while the owners of the cash were off dancing.

There was another great place to eat - I think it was called East L. A.

Then there was this little place that served only desserts. It was at this dessert place that I had for the first time peanut butter on ice cream. And they used Jiff too. All class. :yes: They made their own cheesecakes and pies and other cakes. Seating was quite limited. It was right by Our Lady of Grace Church. I think there was a park across the street. Wish I could remember the name of it, but it was right on the corner.

There was this other club that I didn't care for that much. Old bands like Brooklyn Bridge and Jay and the Americans would play there. I was too cool for that. :cool: ;) :lol:

Forgot the name of the diner on the way out of town too, but they had the best home fries and it was hard to get into after the bars all closed.

That's all I remember for now. Thanks for bringing me down memory lane.

Wait a minute!!!! How could I forget that bakery that Frank Sinatra still had stuff sent to wherever he lived from. I forgot the name of it too, but they had the best meltaways and crumb cakes. It was right near the Erie Lackawanna/PATH Train Stations.

You'll never find a bakery out here like the ones on the east coast. How I miss them. I recently ran into someone from the east coast who asked me how hard could it possibly be to make a bagel so that it tasted like the ones from NJ/YC? I had no answer since I've been wondering the same for years. :huh:

• Like 4

I will be back later.

It started out in 1980 at a restaurant that is no longer there - The Hoboken House. They had delicious food. The owners were great, and so were the people who worked there. We used to go there every Friday night. I used to have the time of my life there.

Then there was a place called Rosebuds. It was a dance place, I didn't especially care much for it, but it was better than the dive down the street called The Beatin' Path. Their bartenders had a tendency to help themselves to any money left on the bar while the owners of the cash were off dancing.

Then there was this little place that served only desserts. It was at this dessert place that I had for the first time peanut butter on ice cream. And they used Jiff too. All class. :yes: They made their own cheesecakes and pies and other cakes. Seating was quite limited. It was right by Our Lady of Grace Church. I think there was a park across the street. Wish I could remember the name of it, but it was right on the corner.

There was this other club that I didn't care for that much. Old bands like Brooklyn Bridge and Jay and the Americans would play there. I was too cool for that. :cool: ;) :lol:

Forgot the name of the diner on the way out of town too, but they had the best home fries and it was hard to get into after the bars all closed.

Wait a minute!!!! How could I forget that bakery that Frank Sinatra still had stuff sent to wherever he lived from. I forgot the name of it too, but they had the best meltaways and crumb cakes. It was right near the Erie Lackawanna/PATH Train Stations.

You'll never find a bakery out here like the ones on the east coast. How I miss them. I recently ran into someone from the east coast who asked me how hard could it possibly be to make a bagel so that it tasted like the ones from NJ/YC? I had no answer since I've been wondering the same for years. :huh:

Thanks for sharing your Hoboken memories. I’ll try to see if that bakery near Lackawanna terminal is still around.

• Like 3

I will be back later.

Thanks for sharing your Hoboken memories. I’ll try to see if that bakery near Lackawanna terminal is still around.

It must be there. It was a hole in the wall, but they had the best baked goods anywhere.

Also forgot to mention it was either the Union Club or the Hoboken Club. It was towards the NYC skyline, on the street behind where the Hoboken House used to be. It was a quiet place to hang out when you wanted to just talk, or not be bothered. The bartenders were very protective if they knew you.

Hoboken was a great place to live. I'm sure the rents are through the ceiling by now but, if I hadn't moved out here, my next stop would have been Hoboken or Weehawken - anything along the NYC skyline view.

• Like 2

On my way to Mass. I will light a candle for all of you and offer up some prayers too. :)

Bless you.

• Like 3

Lorraine, thank you for sharing your Hoboken memories. If you have any other NYC or New Jersey memories I'd love to hear them. I lived in NYC and NJ in the 60s and 70s but I was only little.
  • Like 5

On my way to Mass. I will light a candle for all of you and offer up some prayers too. :)

I'm glad you were able to go to the Mass that you had longed for. Thank you for your prayers. :heart: :hug2:

We had similar thoughts. I went to Mass as well today into a big, medieval church, and lit a candle for you, Lorraine, accompanied with a prayer. :heart: Such a peaceful moment.

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 4

I'm glad you were able to go to the Mass that you had longed for. Thank you for your prayers. :heart: :hug2:

We had similar thoughts. I went to Mass as well today into a big, medieval church, and lit a candle for you, Lorraine, accompanied with a prayer. :heart: Such a peaceful moment.

I've tried several times to post a picture of the altar that I took after Mass,but can't manage to do it.

I did though light a candle for all of you and your intentions. My friends here, those who have really been my friends, must know how grateful I have been to them all these years for being my friend.

I try to go during the week, but it is getting increasingly difficult for me to get myself together. I do, however, whether I go to Mass or not, pray for all of you each day.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 6

I've tried several times to post a picture of the altar that I took after Mass,but can't manage to do it.

I did though light a candle for all of you and your intentions. My friends here, those who have really been my friends, must know how grateful I have been to them all these years for being my friend.

I try to go during the week, but it is getting increasingly difficult for me to get myself together. I do, however, whether I go to Mass or not, pray for all of you each day.

We know, and we are grateful and humbled that, with what you're going through, you still have the wherewithal to think of others.

• Like 4

%20https%3A//live.staticflickr.com/65535/51547180021_383331361f_b.jpg

That's absolutely beautiful. Such a cute little diligent bee happily working away.

I had a honey bee on one of the sunflowers but yellow on yellow didn't do well. And I am not a good photographer, even though the phone I have is supposed to be renowned for the great pictures it takes. You can barely see the bee.