The 2021 NHL Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Almost TOO beautiful it seems. They're having a lot of trouble with the sun

Yep. Soft ice.

Mind you, we never complain about skiing in a tshirt.

Postponed to later tonight during the middle of SNL :(

• Like 1

Yep. Soft ice.

My friends and I were discussing the situation and wondered how this is all possible. Ice outside at noon at Tahoe? :eh:
  • Like 1

Whalers 5 Hawks 3 :| You're two feet from clearing the puck and you decide to move it one foot. :facepalm: Great goal by Kane. 9-6-4

Watching that game with those Whaler uniforms was strange. Even though the Hawks lost, all the commentators could talk about was the spin-a-rama goal by Kane. Watched it replayed multiple times on several channels. :clap:

• Like 1

Yep. Soft ice.

My friends and I were discussing the situation and wondered how this is all possible. Ice outside at noon at Tahoe? :eh:

I was so looking forward to this game and to see the beautiful place. The Winter Classic games have been great showcases for the game and fun for the fans. It seems the NHL thought if we can't have the fans then let's choose a breathtaking location to distract everyone. It was a good try, just wished they had done a little more homework. I heard they were already planning to move Sunday's game to 7:30 pm because of the weather, wished they would have done the same with today's game. But in the end, it was worth it anyway, we did see the beautiful scenery and two teams put on a great game. Was almost like getting two games for the price of one and I didn't mind waiting to see the second part.

I like the retro jerseys yet again it was weird to see the Avs in Nordiques uniforms as it was to see Carolina in Whalers gear. I was glad to see Makar, Landeskog and others back from the injured ranks. MacKinnon was flying in that second half, he is going to be a force again this year. They have a way to go to make up for the postponed games so it seems they are getting their groove back to do just that. :yes: :yay:

Even though I am not a Pens fan, a tip of the hat to Sidney Crosby on playing in his 1,000th game. :clap:

• Like 4

Yep. Soft ice.

I was so looking forward to this game and to see the beautiful place. The Winter Classic games have been great showcases for the game and fun for the fans. It seems the NHL thought if we can't have the fans then let's choose a breathtaking location to distract everyone. It was a good try, just wished they had done a little more homework. I heard they were already planning to move Sunday's game to 7:30 pm because of the weather, wished they would have done the same with today's game. But in the end, it was worth it anyway, we did see the beautiful scenery and two teams put on a great game. Was almost like getting two games for the price of one and I didn't mind waiting to see the second part.

I like the retro jerseys yet again it was weird to see the Avs in Nordiques uniforms as it was to see Carolina in Whalers gear. I was glad to see Makar, Landeskog and others back from the injured ranks. MacKinnon was flying in that second half, he is going to be a force again this year. They have a way to go to make up for the postponed games so it seems they are getting their groove back to do just that. :yes: :yay:

Even though I am not a Pens fan, a tip of the hat to Sidney Crosby on playing in his 1,000th game. :clap:

Thanks for the Crosby nod! Yes, that made it a cool weekend; fun to see! :ebert: My cat, my mom and my daughter in law all have some form of illness right now so my posting has been kind of minimized.

• Like 2

Not many games yesterday, thought it was fun to have goalies be all 3 Stars of the NIght on NHL's On the Fly. :hockey:

Rittich, Calgary; Fleury , Vegas; and Quick, Kings. All shutouts. Haven't seen that in a while. :D

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

• Like 1

This 2020-21 N.H.L. regular season is a little over a quarter into it, now. I hope the teams, who had to have games postponed because of positive Coronavirus Pandemic tests, and health, and safety protocols will be able to get their hockey games rescheduled, so they will be managing to play fifty-six. I wouldn't, and don't want some of the teams, who weren't able to get their games rescheduled, and couldn't play fifty-six games for the regular season would possibly need to be decided by points' percentages, again. So far, the team, who is my favorite that I've rooted, and cheered for has been playing, and doing really well.

Edited by Derek19

After the Rangers beat them 6-2 tonight, got to wonder if they partied too much in Tahoe?? Ranger fans were having a great time since they let a few in to watch tonight.

Avs were looking good until the breakdown in the 3rd period and just about let the Coyotes tie it up...sloppy.

After the Rangers beat them 6-2 tonight, got to wonder if they partied too much in Tahoe?? Ranger fans were having a great time since they let a few in to watch tonight.

Avs were looking good until the breakdown in the 3rd period and just about let the Coyotes tie it up...sloppy.

Yeah The Rangers "Mauled" the Bruins in that 6-2 Loss for the B's. :hockey: