The 2021 NHL Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Predators 2 Hawks 1 in SO. :eyeroll: Yes, we're bad in shootouts too. Lankinen had better be the workhorse this season. 2-3-3

Was a close game, both goalies were playing well. I didn't know Boquist and DeBrincat were out due to Covid, now Wallmark. With those on top of the injuries we did pretty well. Had some close ones in the OT, could have gone our way.

Anybody have a comment about Babcock being a commentator for NBCSN? He knows his stuff, his delivery is a bit stilted. Hope we will see Sharpie soon, he's really good and lots better to look at :coy: :lol:

Yeah, Babcock could play in Subspecies Bloodstone. I remember there were some rumors about Sharp having a thing with Keith's wife during our Dynasty days.

Oh my, never heard that bit of gossip... :eh:

Hopefully it was MSNBC-type reporting. :P
  • Like 1

Hawks 3 Jackets 1 :) Yeah, it's a win but my question is, how is it that we have five guys on COVID "duty" and we have to keep playing, while Vegas has one player out and they get a week off? O.K. they have some coaches out, but San Jose decided to put their GM behind the bench, when DeBoer caught the virus. What gives? Anyway, 3-4-3
  • Like 1

Hawks 3 Jackets 1 :) Yeah, it's a win but my question is, how is it that we have five guys on COVID "duty" and we have to keep playing, while Vegas has one player out and they get a week off? O.K. they have some coaches out, but San Jose decided to put their GM behind the bench, when DeBoer caught the virus. What gives? Anyway, 3-4-3

Don't know what that's all about. DeBoer is the Vegas coach now so his staff was out for their last game,when Pietrangelo tested positive the next day that probably put them over the top. I expected Chicago to cancel Sunday's game, surprised they didn't. :huh:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

Canes 4 Hawks 3 in SO. I have to say, some of these new kids can play. Kurashev, Mitchell, Lankinen look really good. Now if we could get somebody to score in the shootout, that would be nice. 3-4-4
  • Like 1

Hawks 6 Canes 4 :cosmo: Exciting game. Hawks PP a big surprise so far this season. Zebras tried to help the Canes a bit in the third. Kane with a four point night. 4-4-4 - easy to remember.
  • Like 1

It must be the coolest job right now to be the person who slides the volume level up and down, to give an audience sense of the shots on goal, scoring, etc.

Oh, and...Go Leafs Go!!!

Before the Toronto Maple Leafs needed to play the Vancouver Canucks for three games, Toronto had four days between starting their three game series against them in Toronto, at Scotiabank Arena, after they played ten games in only two, and a half weeks. They've swept the three game series, and now, have played thirteen games in a month. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 2

Big changes for the Penguins management! They have landed Ron Hextall as GM and Brian Burke as President of Operations!

https://www.nhl.com/...TAv2bNVX4CFmLHY

That's a big team to land! I have so many memories of Ron Hextall as a Flyer that I was wondering if I could get behind this at first 1f606.png1f606.png. The story about playing with Manny Sanguillen and Rennie Stennett helped convince me (they are beloved Pittsburgh Pirates and I'm sure that's why the story was mentioned in the article, lol.) Go Pens!

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

Big changes for the Penguins management! They have landed Ron Hextall as GM and Brian Burke as President of Operations!

That's a big team to land! I have so many memories of Ron Hextall as a Flyer that I was wondering if I could get behind this at first 1f606.png1f606.png. The story about playing with Manny Sanguillen and Rennie Stennett helped convince me (they are beloved Pittsburgh Pirates and I'm sure that's why the story was mentioned in the article, lol.) Go Pens!

I remember Hextall being mentioned in the movie Sudden Death. Player - "Our backup is Hextall" Coach - :facepalm: I thought Burke was wasting time at TSN. I'm surprised it took so long for him to land a job.
  • Like 2

Jackets 6 Hawks 5 :sigh: The team had a tough time getting the puck out of the D-zone. Lankinen didn't have a good night. The highlight of the game - two Hawk rookie defensemen with their first NHL goals. 6-5-4
  • Like 1

I heard Rutherford had resigned, this was unexpected. Then tonight my hubby saw this article...have you heard anything about this Blueschica? http://pittsburghhockeynow.com/pittsburgh-penguins-trade-marc-andre-fleury-dreger-sidney-crosby/

I think it is crazy speculation... :huh:

• Like 1

Well a 6 game win streak came to an end last night at the hand of our interstate rivals the Florida Pnthers. The Bolts were pretty flat and the Panthers were bringing it! We'll face them again Saturday. Can't win'em all!!

Tampa 9-2-1 19pts after 12 games played

Go Bolts!!

:hockey:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory