The 2021 NHL Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Since no else did say this earlier like Thurs. night, and possibly sometime, on Fri., and even earlier yesterday, during the day before last night, Wayne Gretzky's dad "Walter" passed away at 82 from Parkinson's Disease. Walter, did, and contributed a lot in different ways to hockey, and the community. I've sent my condolences, prayers, and best, blessed wishes to Wayne, his wife Janet, and the rest of their Gretzky family. Walter, will be, and is truly missed. R.I.P., Walter. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

Since no else did say this earlier, and possibly on Fri. night, or sometime, even earlier yesterday, Wayne Gretzky's dad "Walter" passed away at 82 from Parkinson's Disease. Walter, did, and contributed a lot in different ways to hockey, and the community. I've sent my condolences, prayers, and best, blessed wishes to Wayne, his wife Janet, and the rest of their Gretzky family. Walter, will be, and is truly missed. R.I.P., Walter.

The post above yours mentions it.

Will the blackhawkrush Blackhawks be the 1st to end Vasilievskiy's 3 game shutout streak???

Go Bolts!!!âš¡âš¡âš¡

:hockey:

The answer is yes! :Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

Got close to getting the win and ending a 7 game win streak on Friday night. Y'all get another crack at it today at 2:30pm (1:30 for you)

Go Bolts!! âš¡âš¡âš¡

:hockey:

• Like 2

Blues choke away a two goal lead to the Kings. The "mostly good, but not good enough to be too excited about the future" season continues. To be fair, this is like home for most Blues fans.

Lightning 6 Hawks 3 :sigh: Everything was fine till we started getting penalties. Zebras helped a lot. In the third, Tampa could've pulled the goalie. We weren't able to get the puck out while playing five on five anyway. 13-8-5

Yesterday Washington Capitols vs. Boston Bruins. Bruins won 5-1.

Brad Marchand "They care more about looking at a video review of an offside by an inch but they don't care about looking at a guys headshot" Brad Marchand reacts to the NHL's video review ruling after Tom Wilson's hit on Brandon Carlo."

I think Marchand should just stop talking, he's no angel. I know I am late in commenting but I wish that Wilson got a bigger suspension. This is dangerous and it needs to stop.
  • Like 3

Hawks 4 Lightning 3 in SO. :haz: The positive, besides getting the two points, is being competitive against the defending champions. 13-7-5

I got to see the last 5 minutes and the OT/SO, Subban was fantastic. Didn't know he is undefeated in shootouts, now 6-0 :notworthy: I scared the cats with all my cheering :laughing guy:

• Like 2

Lightning 6 Hawks 3 :sigh: Everything was fine till we started getting penalties. Zebras helped a lot. In the third, Tampa could've pulled the goalie. We weren't able to get the puck out while playing five on five anyway. 13-8-5

Doesn't help that De Haan got hurt last game and then Murphy gets the match penalty. Our defense was just worn out. Speaking of defense, sure going to miss Seabrook :(. Liked how all the other professional teams in Chicago saluted him. :clap:

• Like 3

Doesn't help that De Haan got hurt last game and then Murphy gets the match penalty. Our defense was just worn out. Speaking of defense, sure going to miss Seabrook :(. Liked how all the other professional teams in Chicago saluted him. :clap:

De Haan is back practicing. And so is Dach. :o
  • Like 2

Congratulations, to Patrick Kane for playing his 1,000 games. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

Stars 6 Hawks 1 :| Quiet night for Kane in his 1000th game. 13-9-5

Too bad Kane didn't even get an assist in his 1,000th game. Nice to see Toews comment in a video on Kane's accomplishment. I wish we knew what was wrong with Captain Serious.. :eh:

I had a feeling they were due for a bad game. Oh well, on to the next one :hockeygoon:

• Like 2

The Bruins would love to just say they have a Jake DeBrusk problem. They desperately need him to be better, but a team that’s scored one or zero goals in three of its last four games has to know its problems are far deeper than one player.

Charlie Coyle is having a down year. His shooting percentage of 14.7 percent is way above his career average of 10.8, but he isn’t getting pucks on net at nearly the same rate as last season. Craig Smith has been mediocre at best. Sean Kuraly, in a walk year, is struggling to recapture what has made him a strong fourth-liner throughout his Bruins career.

DeBrusk re-entering the lineup and cashing in on Krejci feeds like it’s 2019 would be a wonderful start, but that would only help Boston’s scoring output -- currently 21st in the league -- so much. Similarly, trading for a scorer wouldn’t suddenly fix Boston’s inability to finish. The biggest name currently injured -- Ondrej Kase -

The trade deadline is nearly a month away. If the Bruins -- currently on pace for the third of four playoff spots in their division going by points per game -- really think they can be a Cup contender, they’re going to need to supplement their roster and get more out of the guys already on it. ♥♥ Still love the Bears !

I'm watching Arizona vs Minnesota. One of the Wild players gets hit by the puck just above the ankle, stays down while the play continues, finally gets up, slowly trying to reach the bench, and in process receives some help from the Coyotes players sitting on the Arizona bench. After seeing all that, Tyson Nash, who does the color for the 'Yotes, said " In my days, ( 1999-2006 ) they would've given me a whack in the other leg, just to make sure." :lol:
  • Like 1

The Stars are playing in their pajamas tonight. :zzz:

Their uniforms have been awful since their last redux, liked the ones they had when they won the Cup in 1999.

The 2020/21 N.H.L. season is halfway in to it. Some of the teams, who have had, and need a break in their schedule, the other teams, who had to play their required amount of games have caught up to the teams with the break in their schedule. It could include in points, too. Edited by Derek19