The 2021 NHL Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Big changes for the Penguins management! They have landed Ron Hextall as GM and Brian Burke as President of Operations!

https://www.nhl.com/...TAv2bNVX4CFmLHY

That's a big team to land! I have so many memories of Ron Hextall as a Flyer that I was wondering if I could get behind this at first 1f606.png1f606.png. The story about playing with Manny Sanguillen and Rennie Stennett helped convince me (they are beloved Pittsburgh Pirates and I'm sure that's why the story was mentioned in the article, lol.) Go Pens!

I heard Rutherford had resigned, this was unexpected. Then tonight my hubby saw this article...have you heard anything about this Blueschica? http://pittsburghhockeynow.com/pittsburgh-penguins-trade-marc-andre-fleury-dreger-sidney-crosby/

I think it is crazy speculation... :huh:

I agree, those Crosby stories sound like rumors of rumors! :P The 2 Pittsburgh papers are usually pretty quick to jump on Penguin rumors with any substance, and I havent seen anything there. I can see them trying to shop Evgeni Malkin to get pieces of a primo team together but Crosby is pretty much the franchise. Interesting to read, though! And yes, we all want Fleury back. :heart: Wish it could have happened somehow.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Big changes for the Penguins management! They have landed Ron Hextall as GM and Brian Burke as President of Operations!

https://www.nhl.com/...TAv2bNVX4CFmLHY

That's a big team to land! I have so many memories of Ron Hextall as a Flyer that I was wondering if I could get behind this at first 1f606.png1f606.png. The story about playing with Manny Sanguillen and Rennie Stennett helped convince me (they are beloved Pittsburgh Pirates and I'm sure that's why the story was mentioned in the article, lol.) Go Pens!

I heard Rutherford had resigned, this was unexpected. Then tonight my hubby saw this article...have you heard anything about this Blueschica? http://pittsburghhoc...-sidney-crosby/

I think it is crazy speculation... :huh:

I agree, those Crosby stories sound like rumors of rumors! :P The 2 Pittsburgh papers are usually pretty quick to jump on Penguin rumors with any substance, and I havent seen anything there. I can see them trying to shop Evgeni Malkin to get pieces of a primo team together but Crosby is pretty much the franchise. Interesting to read, though! And yes, we all want Fleury back. :heart: Wish it could have happened somehow.

This is very interesting stuff... In my experience with watching pro-sports turns out that when rumors pop up & they say no it means yes lol

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 2

Hawks 3 Jackets 2 in OT. :) I didn't expect Lankinen to be in the nets tonight, but he bounced back with a good effort. Crazy overtime goal involving Kane and DeBrincat. Another highlight of the game...Konroyd doing the color instead of Olczyk. :P 7-5-4
  • Like 1

Hawks 3 Jackets 2 in OT. :) I didn't expect Lankinen to be in the nets tonight, but he bounced back with a good effort. Crazy overtime goal involving Kane and DeBrincat. Another highlight of the game...Konroyd doing the color instead of Olczyk. :P 7-5-4

Fantastic, heard some of it on the radio. They said Kane has 17 points in home games this year. This team is surprising everyone :clap:

Well me Bolts come back with a vengeance against our interstate rivals Florida Panthers with a 6 to 1 victory!!

Up next we get another crack at the Panthers which will be a sure to be very interesting best of 3!

Tampa 10 - 2 - 1, 21pts

Go BOLTS!!!

Fantastic, heard some of it on the radio. They said Kane has 17 points in home games this year. This team is surprising everyone :clap:

I hope you had the Columbus station on, because Wideman is downright terrible. :facepalm:

Pens beat Caps this afternoon, 6-3!! Jarry did well in goal and got an assist as well. Last minute goal by Crosby!

Crosby also did a nice job on Dowd's knee/groin. :blush:

Yeah, he got away with that one! Glad it wasn't worse for Dowd. And my daughter is a Caps fan :lol: :lol: She keeps complaining the shortened seasons are ruining Ovi's lifetime stats, like everyone else has a different season or something. :lol:

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

I hope you had the Columbus station on, because Wideman is downright terrible. :facepalm:

Nope WGN, that's the only stream I can get for free. The other teams I'd like to listen to don't have them, it is fun because it reminds me of when I first became a hockey fan in the 70's (yeah I'm old) I would listen to the road games on the radio.

• Like 4

Nope WGN, that's the only stream I can get for free. The other teams I'd like to listen to don't have them, it is fun because it reminds me of when I first became a hockey fan in the 70's (yeah I'm old) I would listen to the road games on the radio.

I'm glad I don't have to listen to Hawks games on WGN. Wideman is constantly a few seconds behind the play. My first listen to a Hawks game was against the Islanders in the late 1970s. The final score, 10-0 New York...
  • Like 1

I'm glad I don't have to listen to Hawks games on WGN. Wideman is constantly a few seconds behind the play. My first listen to a Hawks game was against the Islanders in the late 1970s. The final score, 10-0 New York...

I think a lot of games on the radio have some sort of delay, I get it also with our local sports radio when I listen the University of Utah football games, in their case they are ahead sometimes so I have to be careful if we are also watching the game on the tv so I don't spill the beans if we score. I often do that because I like our announcers better than the ESPN or Fox people. Our hockey broadcasts here seem to be behind most of the time, don't know why that is. So if you do listen who do you tune in to?

10-0 ouch that must have been hard to take. :facepalm:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

I think a lot of games on the radio have some sort of delay, I get it also with our local sports radio when I listen the University of Utah football games, in their case they are ahead sometimes so I have to be careful if we are also watching the game on the tv so I don't spill the beans if we score. I often do that because I like our announcers better than the ESPN or Fox people. Our hockey broadcasts here seem to be behind most of the time, don't know why that is. So if you do listen who do you tune in to?

You can tell somebody like Wideman is late with his call when the horn goes off and he's still talking about a pass that was made three seconds ago. It's not a question of a delay. You take Foley, he will interrupt himself in mid sentence when he sees the puck in the net. Wideman has to finish a full sentence even though the goal has already been scored. When I used a radio, I found myself listening for the people's reaction and the horn instead of his voice. A really bad experience.

Bolts drop best of 3 falling to the Panthers 6 - 4 at Amalie(If "Home Ice even means anything anymore lol)... Next up the Dallas Stars.

Tampa 13 - 3 - 1. 21pts

Go Bolts!!!

:hockey:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Hawks 2 Wings 0 :) What a goal by Kurashev! Heart attack time in the third as Hawks' clearing the puck is still a work in progress. 9-5-4

Talk about nerve wracking!! Kurashev really had a highlight goal, beautiful! And Lankinen gets his first shutout. Go Hawks!!

• Like 1

You can tell somebody like Wideman is late with his call when the horn goes off and he's still talking about a pass that was made three seconds ago. It's not a question of a delay. You take Foley, he will interrupt himself in mid sentence when he sees the puck in the net. Wideman has to finish a full sentence even though the goal has already been scored. When I used a radio, I found myself listening for the people's reaction and the horn instead of his voice. A really bad experience.

Thanks for the insight. :)

• Like 1