The 2021 NHL Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

And the Indonesian flag doesn't have the White Eagle on it. :wtf:

So you're an adherent of that version of the flag, huh? I hadn't even realized the basic red and white stripe was the "causal" version!

Anyway, so the Blues have decided to alternate wins and losses. Sounds about right, as long as they don't give up 8 too often. Let's see how they do against LA.

• Like 2

Seems like most of the teams who lost on Wed ended up winning the second game: Avs, Red Wings,Devils, Rangers and Coyotes. Chalk it up to being rusty perhaps? Didn't have the usual warm up games in pre-season so some teams weren't ready for first game. Isles looked great and then Rangers went on a tear today. Watched the Coyotes beat the Sharks and they were skating much better than the first game. Avs looked more like I expected in the second game but didn't expect it to be so one-sided, Blues were not the same team as on Wed. Lots of first time goals today: Thornton got his first as a Leaf, the new kid Sharangovich for the Devils wins it in overtime. Stuetzle gets his first for Ottawa, and Kaprizov for the Wild.

Hoping Hawks will be better against Panthers Sunday.

I meant to say a little bit before that last Sat. I watched the Toronto Maple Leafs', and Ottawa Senators' game, and to me, Toronto looked better, than their first game against them last Fri., and the night before. Joe, did score his first goal of the regular season as a Toronto Maple Leaf.

• Like 1

Boston Bruins first 4 games....Lost 1 won 3.

The following was written by our new Captain...Patrice Bergeron. "It's gonna be great. Being back at the Garden, being back in Boston, it's always special to us," said Bergeron. "We'd love to have the fans there. We know they're watching, we know they're still supporting us from afar and they're behind us. We've always felt that love and support and we'd love to have them. We miss them. We can't wait to have them back."

• Like 1

And the Indonesian flag doesn't have the White Eagle on it. :wtf:

So you're an adherent of that version of the flag, huh? I hadn't even realized the basic red and white stripe was the "causal" version!

And I insist on a crown on top of the eagle, given the "senate" caused the disappearance of Poland from the European map for over a century.
  • Like 1

I think I am liking the unavoidable situation of covid stadium games. It has more of a "game" feel, than an "audience" feel.

Anybody agree the players look more focused on the puck without the distraction of fans and boos and cheers and such?

Leafs still looking pretty good!

Hawks 4 Wings 1 :) Lankinen played well and he had to, with the Keystone Kops in front of him. I looked up his numbers at Rockford...not very good. I'm hoping that now, given a chance to play in the big leagues, he's going to show his stuff. I know he's got the talent.
  • Like 1

https://www.sportico...impression=true

Jesus f***ing Christ, this is bullshit

The women will quite probably use more civilized words when they find sports being shown on their favorite channel. :rage:

Well I wasn't one of those ladies, I was really pissed to hear this. Oh they are doing us a favor huh? I expect the number of games covered on USA will be a drop in the bucket compared to NBCSN. We will have to be forced to watch at weird times and fewer games I bet. :banghead: On the heels of this article, this decision seems really stupid :eyeroll: https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-opens-season-with-record-viewership-in-usa-canada/c-320574552

Guess we will see what the NHL comes up with, I find it very funny how ESPN wants back in. Weren't they in such a hurry to get away from hockey not that long ago? Maybe they will bring back Barry and Bucigross, "the twisted wrister" . Sunday is going to be crazy, 11 games :eh: :popcorn:

Hawks got their first win :yes:

Congrats to Pius Suter for his first goal in the NHL and a hat trick in Sunday's game against the Red Wings ! :dweez: :hockey: :clap: :ebert:

Hope this gets the Hawks going so more wins will be on the way...

Edited by Rhyta

Predators 2 Hawks 1 in SO. :eyeroll: Yes, we're bad in shootouts too. Lankinen had better be the workhorse this season. 2-3-3

Was a close game, both goalies were playing well. I didn't know Boquist and DeBrincat were out due to Covid, now Wallmark. With those on top of the injuries we did pretty well. Had some close ones in the OT, could have gone our way.

Anybody have a comment about Babcock being a commentator for NBCSN? He knows his stuff, his delivery is a bit stilted. Hope we will see Sharpie soon, he's really good and lots better to look at :coy: :lol:

• Like 1

Predators 2 Hawks 1 in SO. :eyeroll: Yes, we're bad in shootouts too. Lankinen had better be the workhorse this season. 2-3-3

Was a close game, both goalies were playing well. I didn't know Boquist and DeBrincat were out due to Covid, now Wallmark. With those on top of the injuries we did pretty well. Had some close ones in the OT, could have gone our way.

Anybody have a comment about Babcock being a commentator for NBCSN? He knows his stuff, his delivery is a bit stilted. Hope we will see Sharpie soon, he's really good and lots better to look at :coy: :lol:

Yeah, Babcock could play in Subspecies Bloodstone. I remember there were some rumors about Sharp having a thing with Keith's wife during our Dynasty days.

Yeah, Babcock could play in Subspecies Bloodstone. I remember there were some rumors about Sharp having a thing with Keith's wife during our Dynasty days.

Oh my, never heard that bit of gossip... :eh: