The 2021 NHL Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Couldn't NOT post this one! Crosby grabs a stick on the fly last night and scores without missing a beat! (Unfortunately we went on to lose to the Flyers 2-1, but this is cool. Props to the equipment guy who had the stick ready.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-i1zenxwb8

I'd give the guy an assist since only two Penguins touched the puck before scoring.

:ebert: :ebert:

• Like 2

Rats! Now two more Avs are in Covid protocol so their games are cancelled until 4/21. They have really been on a hot streak, this may slow them down again. :sigh:
  • Like 2

Bruins are down to 4th place now.

Love the Hall trade for Boston. What a wild, winding way for the 2010 draft to reach its conclusion. The general gist floating around is that Hall wanted Boston, and Boston used that to not give up anything hugely substantial. They kept their young goaltenders and didn’t even give up a first-round pick. And for Hall, he’s landed in a place where there’s no pressure. He doesn’t have to be The Guy on a team that has an entire line that functions as Their Guys.

• Like 2

The 2020/21 N.H.L. Season is three-quarters in to it. Even with the Vancouver Canucks not able to play any of their games for three, and a half weeks, the six other Canadian teams in the Scotia North Canadian Division have been able to. Tomorrow night, the Vancouver Canucks will be resuming by returning to start continuing with playing their games. After nineteen of their own games had to be rescheduled because of the Brazilian Coronavirus variant outbreak, they need to play them in exactly thirty-two days. In Vancouver, at Rogers Arena, for a two game series, the Toronto Maple Leafs play the Vancouver Canucks. The Toronto Maple Leafs have been first in the Scotia North Canadian Division. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 2

Predators 5 Hawks 2 :eyeroll: Looks like it's the end of the road. 21-20-5

Especially since Dallas has passed us too, they got some mojo now. :sigh:

Rats! Now two more Avs are in Covid protocol so their games are cancelled until 4/21. They have really been on a hot streak, this may slow them down again. :sigh:

Now Rantanen is added to the list, this really sucks.

• Like 1

Hawks 5 Predators 4 in OT :) ...despite Murphy's efforts. :P 22-20-5

Poor Murphy, trying to put his helmet back on the stupid strap covering his eyes :blush:. I got discouraged after Nashville scored in the 3rd so I switched channels for a bit. Came back just in time to see Kane feed Kalynuk to make it 4-2. 3 goals in 3 minutes to tie it, Hagel had a great one to win the OT. I am glad we have Hinostroza back, he's playing really good. So that was a nail biter but fun in the end.

• Like 2

The Bruins were dealt a significant blow before their six-game win streak came to an end Friday night, with captain and top-line center Patrice Bergeron ruled out of action half an hour before puck drop in a 6-4 loss to the Sabres.

Speaking after the game, Bruins head coach Bruce Cassidy kept it simple when it came to Bergeron’s status.

“Lower body,” Cassidy said. “He’ll be day-to-day until we hear differently, obviously.”

With lower body as specific as the B’s would get, it was safe to assume that Bergeron was dealing with some after effects of a blocked shot that went off his left foot just moments into Thursday’s victory over the Sabres. Bergeron hobbled to the bench after that blocked shot, but finished the game without any noticeable issues.

Andrew Shaw ends his career at 29. :sigh: Thanks for everything, 65.

His farewell video was great, he got in a fight and a goal in his first game for the Blackhawks. He was a feisty guy and he could get the team fired up. His "header" goal will always be a fun one to remember.

Sad to see him go but wish him the best! Thanks Shawsy :clap: :yes: :madra:

• Like 2

I'm visiting here in MD, I cant wait till fans are allowed into games when i get back home in S Florida. Hoping for a Bruins vs Panthers game of whom are playing very well.
  • Like 1

The Avs may really fall apart in the playoffs if Grubauer isn't playing.

It's like dejavu from last year, goal tending is a weak spot. But the team has been a bit off with injuries and others out for covid protocol. Keep your fingers crossed :hockey:

• Like 1