The 2021 NHL Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Gaffe of the playoffs: 2nd OT, Pens goalie Tristan Jarri, trying to clear puck, puts it right on Islanders' Josh Bailey's stick blade, right on the tape. Bailey scores GW, NY goes back to the Coliseum to possibly close out series Wednesday.

Gaffe of the playoffs: 2nd OT, Pens goalie Tristan Jarri, trying to clear puck, puts it right on Islanders' Josh Bailey's stick blade, right on the tape. Bailey scores GW, NY goes back to the Coliseum to possibly close out series Wednesday.

I actually feel bad for Jarry. He had a good game. Sorokin stole that one for the Isles.

• Like 2

I actually feel bad for Jarry. He had a good game. Sorokin stole that one for the Isles.

Tough way to lose. Pitt had the lead and couldn't close the deal.
  • Like 4

Aw, dammit

Yeah, now the Avalanche TV crew's heads are going to get this much bigger. :eyeroll:

Moser's pretty irritating at times. Grubauer has been a pretty clutch goalie but the dude isn't infallible as the TV crew makes him out to be.

I will say I'm nervous as hell for either the Knights or the Wild. The Knights in particular are scary.

The Knights let it get away tonight so they have their weaknesses too. Figured this one wouldn't be a sweep.

And for the second year in a row, the Oilers miss the second round. Proof that having two players who can put lots of pucks in the net are not going to win a Stanley Cup, but it was crazy it took 3 overtimes to finish them off. Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

Yikes.

• Like 2

https://twitter.com/...018803104489474

Yikes.

Jarry should have thrown it behind the net. Don't know what he was thinking there.

• Like 2

Would the Bruins prefer the Penguins or Islanders?

Bruins fans watching Game 5 between the Islanders and Penguins on Monday night were reminded that the best matchup for Boston in the second round of the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs is Pittsburgh.

B

Why the Penguins? Look no further than Tristan Jarry.

The Penguins' No. 1 goalie basically gave away the pivotal Game 5 with a sloppy pass in double overtime that went right to Islanders forward Josh Bailey, who skated in and beat Jarry for the winning goal.

We'll see soon.

• Like 1

Carolina wins (again) in overtime so series goes to Nashville 3-2 for Canes. Home team has won all the games in this one. Leafs shut out the the Habs. Leafs lead 3-1.

Tonight will be tense, can Pittsburg outlast the Isles? Will Knights bounce back? Will Knight be in goal for the Panthers, my bet is yes.

Hang on it is playoffs on steroids :hockeygoon:

• Like 3

And for the second year in a row, the Oilers miss the second round. Proof that having two players who can put lots of pucks in the net are not going to win a Stanley Cup, but it was crazy it took 3 overtimes to finish them off.

I don't see how Edmonton thought they were going to go anywhere with Smith in goal.

Carolina wins (again) in overtime so series goes to Nashville 3-2 for Canes. Home team has won all the games in this one. Leafs shut out the the Habs. Leafs lead 3-1.

Tonight will be tense, can Pittsburg outlast the Isles? Will Knights bounce back? Will Knight be in goal for the Panthers, my bet is yes.

Pens vs Isles tonight! I hate to say it but the Isles have the advantage I think. With Isles being at home, Jarry with the horrible play hanging over him and Sorokin being golden lately it's going to be tough for the Pens. I'm still behind them though!

• Like 3

Pens vs Isles tonight! I hate to say it but the Isles have the advantage I think. With Isles being at home, Jarry with the horrible play hanging over him and Sorokin being golden lately it's going to be tough for the Pens. I'm still behind them though!

Jarry played well last game, his only real mistake was a bad pass. He'll be able to move past it.

If not, the crowd will be all over him. :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

• Like 1

Wow, that Pens game was intense. Certainly got outplayed by the Isles in Game 6. The Pens currently have the longest active streak of making the playoffs in North American sports (15 seasons) but we sure have had trouble moving out of round one the last five years. Looks like I will have to follow the Knights the rest of the playoffs since they have Fleury. :heart:

Mn8p8GGm.png

• Like 3

The Panthers put up a good fight!

But Tampa is moving on to round 2!

GO BOLTS!!!

:hockey:

There you are. Where ya been m8?
  • Like 1

Isles send the Pens to the showers. Not a fan of Pittsburgh, but damn, this last game was brutal.

The Isles had a tougher time to score at the empty net than with Jarry in it. :P
  • Like 1

Isles send the Pens to the showers. Not a fan of Pittsburgh, but damn, this last game was brutal.

The Isles had a tougher time to score at the empty net than with Jarry in it. :P

:lol: :lol: Yeah, around the middle of the second period my husband started hollering that they should pull Jarry. No place to go but up, no matter who they would have put in. I'm not positive of that but it would have been interesting.

• Like 3

The Panthers put up a good fight!

But Tampa is moving on to round 2!

GO BOLTS!!!

There you are. Where ya been m8?

Been beyond super busy! I changed employers for a better opportunity. However with all their procedural protocols and learning them the 1st month has been akin to "Jumping Out Of The Frying Pan Into The Fire"!!! ;) On top of that in celebration of my "cheapness" I'm in the middle of painting my house. Then to top all that off we adopted/rescued a new puppy family member!!! Whew I need a vacation :)

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 4

Isles are my rebound hoes if the Avalanche get knocked out. Hell of a win!

If the Wild can somehow send Vegas packing, your biggest threat would be taken off the table.

Yeah, they were trying too hard to get Nelson the hattie.

• Like 3

Isles are my rebound hoes if the Avalanche get knocked out. Hell of a win!

If the Wild can somehow send Vegas packing, your biggest threat would be taken off the table.

Yeah, they were trying too hard to get Nelson the hattie.

I see a date with your Isles & my Bolts as inevitable! But that's just me & who am I ? :LMAO:

Go Bolts!!

• Like 2

More crazy games, the Isles playing in the Colosseum gave them an edge. Glad for Trotz, it is nice he is going on to the next round while the Caps have to sit on the sidelines, payback :hockeygoon:

Vegas sure has a habit of choking, not sure what to make of it. If we can get rid of the Wild, it wouldn't hurt my feelings. That game was ruined by the overly loud music, even the announcers were struggling to talk over it, very annoying. But either way, Avs better be rested and not complacent. :eh:

• Like 2

And for the second year in a row, the Oilers miss the second round. Proof that having two players who can put lots of pucks in the net are not going to win a Stanley Cup, but it was crazy it took 3 overtimes to finish them off.

I don't see how Edmonton thought they were going to go anywhere with Smith in goal.

Smith is doing a decent job for them but where is their defense? Can't hang him out to dry and expect to win. The Oilers need to be a team not just a dynamic duo showing off IMHO.