"Moving Pictures 40th Anniversary"

currygoat11

2112 Overture/Temples of Syrinx from that performance was released on one of the 2112 reissues.

I wonder what other Deluxe ones are coming? Exit Stage Left (with a concert from the Exit Stage Left tour and an early performance of Subdivisions), Signals??

There was no ATWAS 40th release, so I doubt that there will be an ESL one.

@pig

Geddy's sequencer didn't trigger properly during "The Spirit of Radio" at the March 25, 1981 show in Toronto

I'm not detecting that --> https://rush-archive...io-audience.84/

Pretty sure this happened on 3/24: --> https://rush-archives.net/index.php?threads/24-march-1981-maple-leaf-gardens-toronto-ontario-audio-audience.83/

Ah, my mistake! Appreciate the correction

• Like 1

I wonder which gig they choose for Signals? Maybe Birmingham NEC 1983, the May 14 one! ;)

My vote would be for a early show.

I wonder if they have La Crosse based on the comments in the touring history book.

• Like 1

Well ... I saw the lyric pages available separately on Rush.com earlier today but they are no longer listed other than as part of the Super Deluxe package (or 1 of the 6 lyric sheets randomly inserted in the album version). So that makes my decision easier -- I will just order the 3-CD version from Amazon instead.

The email for this went to my junk mail!? So excited!

I'll just temper your excitement a little by inserting this death metal album cover into your mind:

HYPERDONTIA-HideousEntity.jpg

Hideous.

Anyway read through the last two pages and watched the promo video. Very very excited still! Now that I'm making my own money, this may be the first one not to be auto-slotted onto the Christmas list, and considering it's coming out in April, that's probably a good thing, lol.

I'm a sucker for the packaging and extra nifty trinkets on these things. The live discs and remixes and such are sick, but it's the presentation that really floors me. The collectables. So as some folks were saying earlier, take my money!

• Like 2

I'll just temper your excitement a little by inserting this death metal album cover into your mind:

Hideous.

Anyway read through the last two pages and watched the promo video. Very very excited still! Now that I'm making my own money, this may be the first one not to be auto-slotted onto the Christmas list, and considering it's coming out in April, that's probably a good thing, lol.

I'm a sucker for the packaging and extra nifty trinkets on these things. The live discs and remixes and such are sick, but it's the presentation that really floors me. The collectables. So as some folks were saying earlier, take my money!

Well it is a Hideous Entity!

Are you buying the $300 package or the CD version like us poor folks are going to do?

Hideous.

Are you buying the $300 package or the CD version like us poor folks are going to do?

I'm gonna save for the $300 package. It will be worth it.

Hideous.

I'm gonna save for the $300 package. It will be worth it.

Buy me a copy too, and pay postage. That will be worth it too!

You’d think for such a respected and beloved album that they’d finally re-release the Exit Stage Left concert video and include it. It was only re-released once years ago and the video quality was below average. Honestly all they’d have to do is make a new better transfer of the concert footage and get some new interviews with Alex and Geddy and you got yourself a nice re-release. They really should have re-released ESL and the the other 80’s videos on that R40 Boxset a couple years ago but now there’s no excuse.
  • Like 2

@malm_51 - Yes, Terry Brown, rush.com

newly restored bonus live content newly mixed from the original analog live multi-tracks by Rush’s original producer, Terry Brown, featuring the band’s complete, unreleased Toronto concert from Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto, Ontario, on March 25, 1981 (designated here as “Live In YYZ 1981”)

I'll bet Signals is the last one they do. These things are expensive to produce and any of the ones after Signals probably wouldn't sell enough to justify all the work that goes into making them.

I could see GUP, but only because of the video. Perhaps we would finally get a Blu-ray of the entire show.

@malm_51 - Yes, Terry Brown, rush.com

newly restored bonus live content newly mixed from the original analog live multi-tracks by Rush’s original producer, Terry Brown, featuring the band’s complete, unreleased Toronto concert from Maple Leaf Gardens in Toronto, Ontario, on March 25, 1981 (designated here as “Live In YYZ 1981”)

Thanks!! i don't know how I missed that! I think it was a shock when I checked for an release date on google and there it was!!! I couldn't believe it! I was beginning to lose hope! Anyway I'm relieved it's not Alex at the mixing desk!! Sorry Alex!

• Like 1

I have a hunch that they’re going to do this for all of their albums. The audience (and $$$) are there, so why not? GUP was the first Rush album that came out after my first Rush concert at Radio City Music Hall in NYC in 1983 (where they debuted 3 songs from GUP!). I remember how thrilled I was to buy that album and would be excited all over again to get the 40th anniversary edition!

Aren’t we fortunate to have such a passionate, obsessed group of peers as Rush fans? ������

Sure, but once you get past the mid-80s, how many people do you think are going to want to pay $200 for a deluxe box set of, say, Presto? Probably not even a large number of people who post on here. Certainly not enough to justify the expense of making it.

If I could wave my magic wand! ������

Edited by caskof43

You’d think for such a respected and beloved album that they’d finally re-release the Exit Stage Left concert video and include it. It was only re-released once years ago and the video quality was below average. Honestly all they’d have to do is make a new better transfer of the concert footage and get some new interviews with Alex and Geddy and you got yourself a nice re-release. They really should have re-released ESL and the the other 80’s videos on that R40 Boxset a couple years ago but now there’s no excuse.

^This. Why a CD/DVD version isn't available is beyond me. Might as well try to dig up "Madman Muntz" 8 track and VHS tape machines. Jezuz K. Riest!
  • Like 1

Sure, but once you get past the mid-80s, how many people do you think are going to want to pay $200 for a deluxe box set of, say, Presto? Probably not even a large number of people who post on here. Certainly not enough to justify the expense of making it.

Agreed.

This is one (of several reasons) that I have only messed with the CD versions of these reissues.

I do have the AFTK 40th anniversary vinyl and I passed on Hemispheres because the bonus material already circulated and the take of 2112 on there was not even speed corrected.

• Like 1