How do you get these songs out of your head?

Sometimes I get a part of a certain song stuck in my brain and it replays 24/7

Eventually it gets replaced by another one.

But while it lasts, it can rattle one's sanity.

Well, what is left of it at least

• Like 1

So I solved this some years ago once I got really heavily into music. What I've usually done to get rid of songs stuck in my head that I don't want there is bring a catchier song to mind and focus on it until the other one goes away.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1

So I solved this some years ago once I got really heavily into music. What I've usually done to get rid of songs stuck in my head that I don't want there is bring a catchier song to mind and focus on it until the other one goes away.

That's the only way to do it.

But I have had songs so often repeating in my mind that it almost drove me nuts. I'd wake up in the night and the song would start playing. It would go on for two, sometimes three, weeks.

• Like 2

But I have had songs so often repeating in my mind that it almost drove me nuts. I'd wake up in the night and the song would start playing. It would go on for two, sometimes three, weeks.

To be honest I haven't had that happen to me in a long time. I think the more music you listen to and the more often you listen to it the more often your internal radio changes channels.

• Like 1

To be honest I haven't had that happen to me in a long time. I think the more music you listen to and the more often you listen to it the more often your internal radio changes channels.

I no longer have the time to do that so my listening to any music is sporadic. Often I hear a song in the store and it sticks in my head.

Today I heard Stairway To Heaven and it was as if I heard it for the first time, so long it's been since I've listened to it. I had forgotten what a fantastic song it is. I know so many hear despise it because it plays on the radio so much, but I haven't listened to a radio in years and years.

• Like 2

I no longer have the time to do that so my listening to any music is sporadic. Often I hear a song in the store and it sticks in my head.

Today I heard Stairway To Heaven and it was as if I heard it for the first time, so long it's been since I've listened to it. I had forgotten what a fantastic song it is. I know so many hear despise it because it plays on the radio so much, but I haven't listened to a radio in years and years.

:goodone:
  • Like 2

Sadly i wish i had Stairway To Heaven stuck in my head at the moment ... for some random

reason my earworm is giving me a rendition of That's Amore by Dean Martin!

Driving me bananas!!! :banghead:

Oh my - I must've been either tired or the grammar-less generations are rubbing off on me.

That should be "here" and not "hear". I'm mortified.

:facepalm:

My Mrs. woke up with Welcome Back by John Sebastian (you know, the theme from the TV show Welcome Back Kotter) stuck in her head and has been singing parts of it all morning. It's now trying to earworm into my head and I'm trying to fight it off. Not a bad song but not interested in carrying it around all day. No idea where she got it as it wasn't on the oldies station last evening when we went out for dinner and neither of us have watched that show in like 40 something years.
  • Like 1