Anyone have Fourth of July plans?

blueschica

2020 is such a different year and different summer, I'm wondering if anyone is doing their usual for the Fourth of July, or doing anything unusual? I hope that whatever you are doing is fun!

We had planned to camp in a pretty isolated place but it's going to be too hot (high 90's) to be enjoyable. Instead, we are going to have a gourmet cook out for 2 and try to go tubing. Mr. Blues likes a spot that usually looks like this-

zwoUfHUm.png

so we're going to try a less popular stream instead.

• Like 5

That sounds fun Becky!

I have no plans. My dad’s birthday is next week, (the same day/ year as Ringo’s,) and I am putting together a video with birthday greetings that I’ve gathered from his friends, old school chums, colleagues and family near and wide, so I’ll probably be finishing that on Saturday because I’m going to see him on Sunday.

• Like 5

2020 is such a different year and different summer, I'm wondering if anyone is doing their usual for the Fourth of July, or doing anything unusual? I hope that whatever you are doing is fun!

We had planned to camp in a pretty isolated place but it's going to be too hot (high 90's) to be enjoyable. Instead, we are going to have a gourmet cook out for 2 and try to go tubing. Mr. Blues likes a spot that usually looks like this-

zwoUfHUm.png

enhanced-buzz-orig-3586-1367440865-34.jpg?downsize=600:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

• Like 4

That sounds fun Becky!

I have no plans. My dad’s birthday is next week, (the same day/ year as Ringo’s,) and I am putting together a video with birthday greetings that I’ve gathered from his friends, old school chums, colleagues and family near and wide, so I’ll probably be finishing that on Saturday because I’m going to see him on Sunday.

That sounds really lovely! What a great idea. I would probably never think of it early enough to get something like that done in time. I bet he will just looove it!

• Like 3

zwoUfHUm.png

enhanced-buzz-orig-3586-1367440865-34.jpg?downsize=600:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

:heart: :heart: That looks really pretty! Hard to get groceries, though!

Nah, we are going here. :LOL: :LOL: This photo is in the winter; it looks (a little better) when the trees get their leaves. Hope we don't run into this hobo camp!

kPjBJMil.jpg

• Like 4

zwoUfHUm.png

Nah, we are going here. :LOL: :LOL: This photo is in the winter; it looks (a little better) when the trees get their leaves. Hope we don't run into this hobo camp!

kPjBJMil.jpg

Is that is Pennsylvania?

• Like 1

I am donating a pint!

http://ogrc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/ecard_donors_rock.jpg

• Like 7

That sounds fun Becky!

That sounds really lovely! What a great idea. I would probably never think of it early enough to get something like that done in time. I bet he will just looove it!

Thanks. Originally I was looking into getting a celebrity or a baseball player or Golfer todo one of those birthday greetings and then I decided to just get all of these people that he knows instead. It’s been really fun being in touch with his old high school friends and guys he played baseball with in college. He is kind of the ringleader for all of their alumni reunions so everyone has had really nice things to say about him. I can hardly wait to show it to him.

• Like 3

zwoUfHUm.png

kPjBJMil.jpg

Yup! It's usually nicer looking but this was the first photo of the Conodiguinet Creek I came across.

Is that is Pennsylvania?

Yes, it is not too far from our house. I should have put up this photo instead! :P We had a lot of spring rain so it is very leafy right now. Our town looks a lot like this, too-

wYnYUzLm.jpg vsPlPt2l.jpg

There are a lot of houses from us to the state capital of Harrisburg, about 14 miles away. In the other direction, it is mostly farms and what is starting to be a lot of trucking warehouses. :(

• Like 3

This time last year we spent 4th July with my cousins in Missouri. This year we are grounded and as it is not a holiday here in N. Ireland it will be a

normal Saturday for me ..... Beers and Horse Racing.

• Like 4

zwoUfHUm.png

kPjBJMil.jpg

Yup! It's usually nicer looking but this was the first photo of the Conodiguinet Creek I came across.

Is that is Pennsylvania?

Yes, it is not too far from our house. I should have put up this photo instead! :P We had a lot of spring rain so it is very leafy right now. Our town looks a lot like this, too-

wYnYUzLm.jpg vsPlPt2l.jpg

There are a lot of houses from us to the state capital of Harrisburg, about 14 miles away. In the other direction, it is mostly farms and what is starting to be a lot of trucking warehouses. :(

If amazon get their way the whole world will be trucking warehouses. Jeff Bezos' net worth was announced as $171 billion yesterday, up from $145 billion since the pandemic went into full swing. That's 20 times more than Jerry Jones. Bezos probably has enough to own all 32 NFL teams.

• Like 1

I am donating a pint!

Not anymore! Once again, my appointment has been cancelled. Apparently, the Red Cross is so overworked that they have to cancel some donations.

I've been trying to donate for months! :wtf:

This time last year we spent 4th July with my cousins in Missouri. This year we are grounded and as it is not a holiday here in N. Ireland it will be a

Don't you have Orangemen's Day coming up? I remember seeing the stacks of pallets around Carrickfergus when I was there a few years ago. Like this...

original.jpg

• Like 1

I didn't do anything on Canada Day (July 1st).

We used to go up to the Okonogan for the Canada Day parade in Osoyoos every year. We didn't go this year for obvious reasons. It's always a fun time, though...

20130701-_DSC3948.jpg

• Like 3

Working at my second part time job, it's at a clothing store (we wear masks). Might go out to eat with a couple of friends. Not sure if I will watch any fireworks. Edited by Leanne
  • Like 2

This year of all years since March?

%20https%3A//imgur.com/OKsR9cl.jpg

I’ll just watch Jaws on Rifftrax again.

All the decisions about whether to have beaches and bars open or closed for the 4th of July weekend reminded me immediately of that movie. . . .

Don't you have Orangemen's Day coming up? I remember seeing the stacks of pallets around Carrickfergus when I was there a few years ago. Like this...

original.jpg

Officially cancelled this year due to Covid-19.