Deep Purple vs. King Crimson

choose one  

23 members have voted

1. 1. band

2. 2. definitive album

• Machine Head
    • In The Court Of The Crimson King
  3. 3. other definitive album

I do own every Crimson record. I do love them. The Wetton Years especially.

But come people!!!!!

YOU REALLY "BURN" ME UP!!!!

You're a disco inferno, Earl

;)

Hahaha!! Hope you are doing well Lorraine! I think about you a lot.

Some say I only like to date "The Trammps" of the world. lol

Kidding!!

Lorraine! I need your quick advice.

The entire world is on lockdown yet I am still online dating through eHarmony. I met a beautiful 35 year old blonde. She's amazing and sweet too. Our first date will hopefully be after May 3 but I am worried it will be pushed out to June 3.

We text and talk on the phone for hours and we FaceTime. She is so beautiful!! I haven't met anyone like this since my ex wife. It's incredible!!!!

Earl, you're always falling in love. :LOL:

What's the advice you need? therapy-session.jpg?fit=1920%2C1080&ssl=1

Hahaha! It's crazy right? You know my story. 21 faithful years with Wendy. Two great daughters. It failed. I feel like I am living my life in reverse. After divorce I am still lucky to meet so many women.

But perhaps it's me. I might not be ready for a serious relationship yet I want one again. I am picky Lorraine. Why not right?? Women have wanted to give me a baby. Three wanted marriage. I am flattered and I have a lot to give to a woman but I think it's me.

But this week I met Carly. I have feelings inside me already that I have never felt and we haven't even met in person yet but we do FaceTime and talk on the phone every night. She amazing. I don't care about age neither does she.

So take it one day at time?

She lives an hour away. I know in protocol I can't drive up to see here as we can only drive to work and to the supermarket. I was thinking about meeting her for a social distancing hike but I don't think so at this point in time. Sucks. Figures right? Timing is everything.

I'm a "Hard Loving Man" yet still like a "Child In Time." Some call me a "Speed King" but when it comes to falling in love again I'm just a "Living Wreck." Lol

Those are all songs off the Deep Purple album "In Rock."

Deep Purple makes King Crimson look like a Pink Princess. LOL!!

"Come Taste The Band"

"YOU FOOL NO ONE!!"

What happened to the Brazilian?

She bat shit crazy Lorraine. She is stalking me!!!! I had to terminate the communication once and for all.

I could write a chapter on this girl. I won't do it here. lol

She came to my house again unannounced. My 23 year old daughter was here with a friend. They were freaked out.

Eventually she went away. I have cameras all over my house outside. It helped.

Our first date was in San Francisco. I took here to The Who. It was an incredible night.

Her last text she sent to me was a video of "Won't Get Fooled Again." I can't make this shit up.

It would be nice to find a cool woman. Low drama and sweet. Hard to find. I think I found her.

I love your "Street Of Dreams" video on the Vandenberg Poll. I love Joe Lynn Turner and he was also in Deep Purple.

It's one hell of a family. Sort of like this place. LOL!

• Like 1

But come people!!!!!

;)

Kidding!!

The entire world is on lockdown yet I am still online dating through eHarmony. I met a beautiful 35 year old blonde. She's amazing and sweet too. Our first date will hopefully be after May 3 but I am worried it will be pushed out to June 3.

We text and talk on the phone for hours and we FaceTime. She is so beautiful!! I haven't met anyone like this since my ex wife. It's incredible!!!!

Hahaha! It's crazy right? You know my story. 21 faithful years with Wendy. Two great daughters. It failed. I feel like I am living my life in reverse. After divorce I am still lucky to meet so many women.

But perhaps it's me. I might not be ready for a serious relationship yet I want one again. I am picky Lorraine. Why not right?? Women have wanted to give me a baby. Three wanted marriage. I am flattered and I have a lot to give to a woman but I think it's me.

But this week I met Carly. I have feelings inside me already that I have never felt and we haven't even met in person yet but we do FaceTime and talk on the phone every night. She amazing. I don't care about age neither does she.

She lives an hour away. I know in protocol I can't drive up to see here as we can only drive to work and to the supermarket. I was thinking about meeting her for a social distancing hike but I don't think so at this point in time. Sucks. Figures right? Timing is everything.

I'm a "Hard Loving Man" yet still like a "Child In Time." Some call me a "Speed King" but when it comes to falling in love again I'm just a "Living Wreck." Lol

"Come Taste The Band"

"YOU FOOL NO ONE!!"

She bat shit crazy Lorraine. She is stalking me!!!! I had to terminate the communication once and for all.

She came to my house again unannounced. My 23 year old daughter was here with a friend. They were freaked out.

Our first date was in San Francisco. I took here to The Who. It was an incredible night.

Her last text she sent to me was a video of "Won't Get Fooled Again." I can't make this shit up.

It would be nice to find a cool woman. Low drama and sweet. Hard to find. I think I found her.

I love your "Street Of Dreams" video on the Vandenberg Poll. I love Joe Lynn Turner and he was also in Deep Purple.

Just go slow with your latest babe.

Things that take all like wildfire often fizzle out real fast.

The Brazilian sounds as if she has more than a few screws loose.

Before I kick the bucket, I hope I get a chance to meet you one day, Earl. You must be a real piece of work in person. :LOL: ;)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

But come people!!!!!

;)

Kidding!!

"Come Taste The Band"

"YOU FOOL NO ONE!!"

Before I kick the bucket, I hope I get a chance to meet you one day, Earl. You must be a real piece of work in person. :LOL: ;)

Hahaha! You know it's funny Lorraine. Carly and I were talking about that same thing last night.

The shelter in place is a good test. Not just for me but the millions of people on the Earth who are still meeting people online.

I think it is a good thing.

We are establishing a solid foundation of friendship and trust first.

That's how it should always be in my mind. I've never had a one night stand Lorraine. Even when I was young dumb and full of c..

I've always need a connection first Lorraine.

Let's make it a deal Lorraine. We will hopefully meet one day! Yes! I type like I talk and I love to have fun!!!

Love you!!!

• Like 1

But come people!!!!!

;)

Kidding!!

"Come Taste The Band"

"YOU FOOL NO ONE!!"

Hahaha! You know it's funny Lorraine. Carly and I were talking about that same thing last night.

The shelter in place is a good test. Not just for me but the millions of people on the Earth who are still meeting people online.

That's how it should always be in my mind. I've never had a one night stand Lorraine. Even when I was young dumb and full of c..

Let's make it a deal Lorraine. We will hopefully meet one day! Yes! I type like I talk and I love to have fun!!!

Love you!!!

:hug2:

• Like 1

But come people!!!!!

;)

Kidding!!

"Come Taste The Band"

"YOU FOOL NO ONE!!"

Love you!!!

:hug2:

You are adorable!

Sleep well!! :heart:

Love King Crimson. Don't know much about Deep Purple other than Hush

You don't know Smoke On The Water or Highway Star?

I forgot about Smoke On The Water. Thanks for reminding me. I hope I never have to hear the song again.

Never heard Highway Star.

It's a fantastic song, remember driving with it cranked up loud up the canyon. :haz: Ian Gillan's voice makes their music. He also has this other gig (Jesus in J.C. Superstar). That's why I chose Deep Purple over King Crimson. I later learned to enjoy KC when I was introduced to their Discipline album. DP is more straight hard rock and Crimson is very proggy and involved .

• Like 1

Could never get into King Crimson.

Deep Purple all the way!

Purple across the board. If you had chosen any of the Coverdale Hughes era albums, the margin would have been greater.

I just don’t “get” Crimson.

Seeing as you don't get early Genesis either, I can't say I'm surprised, lol.

Purple's great! But I'm such a prog nerd at heart, Crimson never ceases to amaze me. I went ahead and voted for Red even though I've never heard all of In Rock. I've heard Machine Head and Made In Japan, as well as the studio cut of Child In Time (the Made In Japan version is better imo), so I feel pretty confident I'd still prefer Red even if In Rock is better than both of those.

I did vote Machine Head over ITCOTCK though. That record has some of my favorite Crimson songs, but being the birth of a genre isn't enough to make me love every minute of it. Can't say I adore Moonchild, and even the title track drags on for me sometimes.

You should check out Burn, Stormbringer and Come Taste the Band. My personal favorite Purple albums.

The “deep track” prog is too self-indulgent and ponderous IMO. I do like pretty much all Yes though, for some reason. I sampled Red based solely on this forum once. I don’t remember making it through a single track before deciding I had other things to do. :LOL:

• Like 2

Colors!

I'd vote for Pink Floyd! But definitely not White Lion

Meanwhile, back at the question, I'm team Purple all the way.

Hahahaha!!!!!! WOW! In just in shock you mentioned White Lion! I love that band!! Timing is everything!! I actually have "MANE ATTRACTION" in my cd player tonight. Timing!!!!! VITO SHREDS!

I saw White Lion on tour with Stryper -- probably '88 or '89? I couldn't name one of their songs now to save my life.

Didn't Glenn Hughes (ex of Deep Purple) have a band called Blue Nile? Oh, and then there's Coverdale and Whitesnake.

Not even close for me - King Crimson by far! Krim in a top tier band for me; DP a middling.

Don't get me wrong, I like some DP, Blackmore is great, and I am inspired by Ian Paice. IMO, only a couple albums that are consistently good. However, none of them even approach the artistry and improvisational skills of Krim.

King Crimson for the sweep.

don't know much Deep Purple though to be fair.

Mick

Pretty much the same for me.

Always fascinated by KC live. Saw them at the Eastown in '70 after Lizard came out, Fripp apologizing for trying to "tune the untunable", and a wild The Devil's Triangle closing.

Came up with my top ten Crimson songs last night, it wasn't easy. It's of course very subject to change, especially considering the records I haven't heard, but it's decently accurate for my Crimson experience thus far:

1. Starless

2. Fallen Angel

3. Islands

4. 21st Century Schizoid Man

5. I Talk To The Wind

6. One More Red Nightmare

7. Lizard

8. Sailor's Tale

9. Red

10. Ladies Of The Road

Red is the kind of album where nearly every song is one of my absolute favorites, and Islands is the kind where choosing between songs is nearly impossible. I've also heard ITWOP and SABB, but neither of them have any songs that quite break my top ten. Some of my favs from those are Pictures Of A City (21CSM's jazzy twin), Cadence And Cascade, In The Wake Of Poseidon, Cat Food, The Night Watch, Fracture, and The Great Deceiver.

• Like 1