JohnRogers

You didn't like the cliffhanger? Or did? I liked it; that's some old-timey "tune in next week" kind of action right there. I feel bad for the given character (are we watching spoilers here?), but who knows what we actually saw . . .

Good episode, tense without pretending (we know, for example, the Mandolorian isn't going to die, so putting him in mortal peril is just wasting our time, unless we get to watch him engineer some clever way out), and high stakes. I'm still not sure of the rationale for the mass shooting (what point did that serve?). But if that was the first episode I'd seen, I definitely be tuning in again, eagerly.

You didn't like the cliffhanger? Or did? I liked it; that's some old-timey "tune in next week" kind of action right there. I feel bad for the given character (are we watching spoilers here?), but who knows what we actually saw . . .

Good episode, tense without pretending (we know, for example, the Mandolorian isn't going to die, so putting him in mortal peril is just wasting our time, unless we get to watch him engineer some clever way out), and high stakes. I'm still not sure of the rationale for the mass shooting (what point did that serve?). But if that was the first episode I'd seen, I definitely be tuning in again, eagerly.

I loved it, and hated it. Which means that I love it. Can't wait for the next episode! Mando is the best thing to happen to Star Wars in a long long time.

Well, that's it until fall 2020.

Stormtroopers can't hit a can at 20 ft.

Baby Yoda is strong with the force.

Huge Rebels tie-in.

Well, that's it until fall 2020.

Stormtroopers can't hit a can at 20 ft.

Baby Yoda is strong with the force.

Huge Rebels tie-in.

The troopers can scene was funny, and baby Yoda using the force was cool. I thought the reveal of the Mandalorian's face was a bummer, but his final takedown of the tie-fighter rocked. Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Just finished watching Episodes 7 & 8. A very good series so far.

I was with Mando and Cara. At first, I didn't trust IG-11 one bit....LOL

I'm waiting patiently to hear The Kid say something ..... :D

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 3

Dude! I didn’t know we had a thread for this! Episode 1 of season two might be my favorite episode so far. The only thing it’s missing is a bit more interaction with the child.
  • Like 1

Dude! I didn’t know we had a thread for this! Episode 1 of season two might be my favorite episode so far. The only thing it’s missing is a bit more interaction with the child.

We all know the child could have killed that sandworm. But it didn't want to show off and let everyone know what it was truly capable of.

• Like 2

Thoughts on Season 2, Episode 2?

I wasn't so keen on the deus ex-Wing machina that got Mando out of a scrape, and I can't decide how I feel about The Child eating the lizard woman's eggs, seeing as how she can't make more, but the threats were cool and creepy, the opening ambush was well done, and I don't mind that the show has a "crime of the week" feel because I'm not deeply invested in learning more about all the mythology anyway. A well-done show on its own terms, set in the Star Wars universe, can be enough.

It was good, not great. 3.5/5 stars.

• Like 1

Thoughts on Season 2, Episode 2?

I wasn't so keen on the deus ex-Wing machina that got Mando out of a scrape, and I can't decide how I feel about The Child eating the lizard woman's eggs, seeing as how she can't make more, but the threats were cool and creepy, the opening ambush was well done, and I don't mind that the show has a "crime of the week" feel because I'm not deeply invested in learning more about all the mythology anyway. A well-done show on its own terms, set in the Star Wars universe, can be enough.

It was good, not great. 3.5/5 stars.

A fair review, I think. I like that it's more cop show than soap opera, and the tropes like killer spiders don't bug me much. Cannibalistic Baby Yoda was an interesting twist I thought.
  • Like 1

I enjoyed it. I always like seeing new creatures introduced. Nice to see some of the other inhabitants of Hoth. I don't mind the adventure of the week thing the show does. It helps keep me intrigued as to what will happen every week. They still advance the main story with Mando protecting the child while keeping it fresh with a new adventure each show.
  • Like 1

Watched it with my housemate and we both were very frustrated the whole time. Like, frustrated in a good way, it’s a well written episode and a necessary complication of the plot, but by the end it’s as though the only sane person in the galaxy is Mando.
  • Like 1

I'm disappointed in The Kid so far. Last season, he displayed some good awareness and strong Force abilities. This season, he's not much more than a whiny toddler who can't do much of anything. He can protect himself from a charging beast and flame throwers but not from a spider on his head?
  • Like 1

I'm going back and re-watching season one, catching things with a new perspective. I have to say again that the 40-minute format is perfect for the Star Wars universe.
  • Like 1

I'm disappointed in The Kid so far. Last season, he displayed some good awareness and strong Force abilities. This season, he's not much more than a whiny toddler who can't do much of anything. He can protect himself from a charging beast and flame throwers but not from a spider on his head?

Perhaps he's grown a bit afraid of his powers and doesn't quite understand what he's fully capable of yet. So, he's avoiding it in order to not accidentally hurt others. Also, he didn't see the spider and had no idea what exactly was on his head.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

Perhaps he's grown a bit afraid of his powers and doesn't quite understand what he's fully capable of yet. So, he's avoiding it in order to not accidentally hurt others. Also, he didn't see the spider and had no idea what exactly was on his head.

Side note, that frog lady is a great shot. Better than a lot of stormtroopers...lol

• Like 1

I'm going back and re-watching season one, catching things with a new perspective. I have to say again that the 40-minute format is perfect for the Star Wars universe.

So if I remembering correctly factions of the left over Empire bits are ruled by various warlords, the Chicken Man one of them?

• Like 1