Game of Thrones Season 8! (Spoilers obviously)

Bigbobby10

Game and Fish Magazine:

Indeed, interest in hunting with crossbows seems to be higher now than ever.

According to a nationwide survey conducted by the Archery Trade Association, some 18.2 million Americans participated in archery or bowhunting. Of that number 5.5 million, or 29 percent, used crossbows, according to the data released four years ago.

In another survey, crossbow products were 30 percent of all bow products in 2012. By 2014, that number was 38 percent.

As more states offer full inclusion down the road and hunters age and young hunters discover crossbows and enter the game, these numbers are bound to increase.

They're big among hunters in Pennsylvania, for sure. I find them a little scary.

• Like 1

I have an ear infection. I'm not feeling well. It's because of my spring allergies and the bad writing in Season 8. I'm so so angry about how they've assassinated Daenerys's character. It's an outrage. She was a heroine and a role model for millions of young women. A lot of babies have been named after her in the past 9 years. They built up her character for 7 seasons. She seemed like a selfless woman who was honestly trying to make the world a better place. She was a fan favorite for so long until they turned her into the Mad Queen. It's like Batman suddenly becoming the Joker 20 minutes before the end of a movie.

I have an ear infection. I'm not feeling well. It's because of my spring allergies and the bad writing in Season 8. I'm so so angry about how they've assassinated Daenerys's character. It's an outrage. She was a heroine and a role model for millions of young women. A lot of babies have been named after her in the past 9 years. They built up her character for 7 seasons. She seemed like a selfless woman who was honestly trying to make the world a better place. She was a fan favorite for so long until they turned her into the Mad Queen. It's like Batman suddenly becoming the Joker 20 minutes before the end of a movie.

Not the show I watched.

She was time and again being pulled away from violently poor choices, and increasingly so as time went on.

While her commitment to being a 'good' leader was genuine, as she was increasingly glorified by others she slowly began to believe this glory was deserved. This was shown over the last few years rather well, and on multiple occasions people worried about her teetering.

I think this has always been Martin's plan and, and to give away that in the beginning would have been a mistake.

Cheering her on and becoming part of that adoration allows us to feel the betrayal as she succumbs to madness, a madness that has been shown over and over again peeking from around her edges.

Now, I did hope she would falter and be swayed back. I did hope she would make the right decision in the end.

I think they rushed the descent into madness because they oddly decided to wrap up this show fast even though a lot had to be done. That's terrible writing. But Daenerys has been showing these cracks for years on the show.

And truth be told- she really is still the savior of much of Essos, and deservedly so. She's a villain here, but there's another episode left. Maybe she'll regret her crime. She can't give the lives back, but she can still make some better decisions.

**I really did hate watching her descent. It was heartbreaking and I am NOT for this choice. I'm only arguing that the seed was planted a long time ago and we have seen it grow over the years- this isn't from out of nowhere.

• Like 1

Hitler, Trump, Stalin, Hussein, Bush, Clinton et al. all believed they were making the world a better place.

Yeah...we have not been watching the same show.

• Like 1

Daenerys is doing exactly what I thought she would. They've rushed it this season, but it's been foreshadowed for a long time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV6HlEVR1jU

A good primer for all of those who somehow missed the slide into insanity.

It's also a great lesson for the real world. We choose people to look up to as human beings all the time. And in that choosing we somehow cannot see or diminish any failings that should emerge. We made our choice, and those who say otherwise are the 'deluded' ones.

It's always good to step back and review what you know as if you'd never seen anything before, with a willingness to see any ugliness that might appear.

She was a heroine and a role model for millions of young women. A lot of babies have been named after her in the past 9 years.

I really hope that this isn't true. It's a TV show - nothing more than entertainment for the masses.

I had less of a problem with the rage of Daenerys than I did with the apparent deaths of Cersei and Jaime. The writing over the past few episodes has just had no subtlety, little shading, very little building on the character development of the last 7 years. I think Bennioff and Weiss are brilliant show runners and not so good writers. Why even bother with the redemption subplot for Jaime? Why suddenly make Dany more evil in a way than Cersei? If they were going to go this way (and supposedly they did consult with GRRM on the upcoming ending in his still/never to be written books) they could have laid the groundwork for it much better in this season. Instead it's like they jump in with "OK, this will make a big screen impact" or something.

I'm not a total believer in Dany's rage fest but ok, her family has a history of violence. It was just carried out so bluntly, though; it was almost campy. I don't write much about films or video so I don't know the right words but maybe some reminder of the past or why this was legitimate? Instead we get what I always think is lazy writing in all the mysteries I read- someone went psycho and did it. It's always an easy, lazy out for a tv show or mystery book. I prefer subtler writing. Since there's only one episode to go I'm not sure we're going to get it, sigh.

I wonder if for some reason HBO forced this to end abruptly. Since it was a money making machine- perhaps some essential actors were not coming back?

I see no reason to rush this story, since nearly every issue could be repaired with storytelling. But if, for example, Emilia Clark was quitting, then they have to rush things or change the ending.

If the actors would stay, though, then I am really confused as to why they thought wrapping this so fast made any sense.

• Like 1

I wonder if for some reason HBO forced this to end abruptly. Since it was a money making machine- perhaps some essential actors were not coming back?

I see no reason to rush this story, since nearly every issue could be repaired with storytelling. But if, for example, Emilia Clark was quitting, then they have to rush things or change the ending.

If the actors would stay, though, then I am really confused as to why they thought wrapping this so fast made any sense.

Yes, for some reason I thought this last season was supposed to run 8 episodes??? I was surprised after episode 2 when my husband said "Only four left to go!" :LOL: That was just me, lol, but maybe they should have tried 8 or 9 episodes. . .

• Like 1

Yes, for some reason I thought this last season was supposed to run 8 episodes??? I was surprised after episode 2 when my husband said "Only four left to go!" :LOL: That was just me, lol, but maybe they should have tried 8 or 9 episodes. . .

I agree...I'm enjoying the episodes, but this season could easily be longer and still be as captivating.
  • Like 1

She was a heroine and a role model for millions of young women. A lot of babies have been named after her in the past 9 years.

I really hope that this isn't true. It's a TV show - nothing more than entertainment for the masses.

Totally agree......if you are pathetic enough to name your child after a character on a TV show then maybe you shouldn't be allowed out on your own.

• Like 2

Totally agree......if you are pathetic enough to name your child after a character on a TV show then maybe you shouldn't be allowed out on your own.

Amen.

• Like 2

The episodes are REALLY expensive. Not sure if it was making that much money with regard to the budgets. Contracts were likely ending and people were able to renegotiate - it was probably impossible with such a huge cast.

Edited by chemistry1973
  • Like 1

Umm....I wouldn't have put it so harshly. I can see naming pets after certain popular characters, like "Spock" or "Kramer" or even "Thanos", but I wouldn't name my kids like that.

Umm....I wouldn't have put it so harshly. I can see naming pets after certain popular characters, like "Spock" or "Kramer" or even "Thanos", but I wouldn't name my kids like that.

Hence my use of the word "child".

Daenerys is doing exactly what I thought she would. They've rushed it this season, but it's been foreshadowed for a long time.

they've rushed everything this season and it's unfortunate.

• Like 1

I think Bennioff and Weiss are brilliant show runners and not so good writers.

it's just been confirmed they are creating the next Star Wars trilogy. After this season of GOT, I am not optimistic.

• Like 1

The petition is never going to work even if they get over 1 million signatures. The actors aren't coming back and the series cost $15 million per episode to produce. If people really want to effect change, then they should just cancel their HBO subscriptions. I think a lot of people were going to do that anyway after the series ended because they only signed up to see that one show.

The petition is never going to work even if they get over 1 million signatures. The actors aren't coming back and the series cost $15 million per episode to produce. If people really want to effect change, then they should just cancel their HBO subscriptions. I think a lot of people were going to do that anyway after the series ended because they only signed up to see that one show.

People sign up to watch the new season then cancel it after it's over. Then re-subscribe when new episodes are starting up again. Cancelling HBO doesn't bother them at all because people have been doing that since The Sopranos was on there. HBO will just find another show to drive up subscribers once GOT is over. It was a big money maker for them but without it HBO isn't going anywhere.

The petition is just a protest.I really doubt even 10 people honestly think they'd sit another season 8. The point is to tell HBO how pissed they are.

I'm disappointed, too. But I haven't bothered with any protest because it's their show to make good or not.

My rule is to choose whether I watch their next one.

I'll add that a bad a this season is, it's still a show I enjoy despite the huge drop in quality.
  • Like 1

I think Bennioff and Weiss are brilliant show runners and not so good writers.

it's just been confirmed they are creating the next Star Wars trilogy. After this season of GOT, I am not optimistic.

Yeah. As if Star Wars couldn't get any f***ing worse.

At least these 2 f***ers sort of got Clegainebowl right. That's something I suppose.

• Like 1