Master of Reality or Master of Puppets?

Texas King

Master of Reality or Master of Puppets?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Master of Reality or Master of Puppets?

• Black Sabbath - Master of Reality
    • Metallica - Master of Puppets

Personal taste dictates Master of Puppets, but from a historical perspective Master of Reality would be more consequential. I guess the poll in my mind needs context.

Reality by a slim margin. It’s far too short, but Orion on Reality doesn’t do that much for me.

Not my fav by either band though.

• Like 1

Personal taste dictates Master of Puppets, but from a historical perspective Master of Reality would be more consequential. I guess the poll in my mind needs context.

Personal taste: I love Puppets, but even though I know little Black Sabbath, Reality blew me away and I know I need to educate myself on Sabbath more as a result. Same goes for Priest.

• Like 2

Puppets.

Reality is great but Puppets had a much bigger impact on me when it came to becoming a metal fan. If it wasn't for the first five Metallica albums I probably would not have turned into the metal head I am today.

• Like 2

Puppets.

Reality is great but Puppets had a much bigger impact on me when it came to becoming a metal fan. If it wasn't for the first five Metallica albums I probably would not have turned into the metal head I am today.

I would choose Ride The Lightning if it waa included here!

Master of Reality. Easily.

Mick

I reckon there is a chance that once I embrace Black Sabbath at large, they will eclipse Metallica for me.

• Like 1

Mick

I reckon there is a chance that once I embrace Black Sabbath at large, they will eclipse Metallica for me.

to me there's not a big contest......and i do LOVE early Metallica.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

to me there's not a big contest......and i do LOVE early Metallica.

Mick

Not surprised.

• Like 1

Mick

Don't be so sure. There's a distinct difference between the two bands, so liking one does not guarantee enjoyment of the other.

I like a lot of Black Sabbath's output, but I rarely play it for personal enjoyment. On the other hand, I play numerous Metallica albums monthly. Metallica's brand of metal is more my current tastes, whereas Sabbath is generally darker, moodier, and gloomier. I have grunge favorites for when I'm in the mood for that. But cannot (will not) dismiss how critical Sabbath is/was and always will be to the metal genre.