The 2018-2019 NHL Thread

thesweetscience

Ford, would you like to possibly, and maybe, correct that? Unless you did that on purpose, you posted the word, name, and country "Canada" wrong. English, is, and has been my native language. I can do what you did back to you, too. Whether you were trying to be good-natured is besides the point. I've been in a lighten up mood, too. Now, the Stanley Cup Final is going back to St. Louis, with St. Louis ahead in the series 3-2 for a game six on Sun. With your son, Rick, I hope you were able to enjoy the hockey game in Boston. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

So once again, unfortunately, the refs insert themselves into the story with the missed penalty call.

It was a trip, for sure, but I wonder whether the attempt to sell it (flopping) was a factor in the no-call.

Boston sports radio is apoplectic today. Much as I want the Bruins to win, this is comical to me. St Louis got screwed in the last series by the hand pass no call, so let's see if Boston can suck it up and do the same and win.
  • Like 1

That was an intense game last night. Another botched call by the refs..this playoff season has to be the worst in recent history for handing the games to a team and determining the outcome unfairly. Don't know how the NHL is going to fix this, or if they will really try. It isn't fair to the teams to have games taken from them or for the team to win to be labeled cheaters. It is a big mess.

Got to give Chara credit for guts, he didn't have to play last night. It seemed to get the team fired up, Binnington was in a shooting range in the first period. That pass between the legs by Sanford was a beauty. It will be an ugly game Sunday, bet Boston will be going for payback. :hockeygoon: This will be going to 7.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

I don't like to hear people whining about the refs Yes, it's odd that they didn't at least stop play when Acciari was down. But in the end the Bruins put themselves where they are now. I don't think they ever truly believed they would lose the series. They might now I hope they've got "their minds right." The Blues have beaten them twice at home. They've been the better team over 5 games. Change that.

I don't like to hear people whining about the refs Yes, it's odd that they didn't at least stop play when Acciari was down. But in the end the Bruins put themselves where they are now. I don't think they ever truly believed they would lose the series. They might now I hope they've got "their minds right." The Blues have beaten them twice at home. They've been the better team over 5 games. Change that.

I totally agree with all of that statement. I cant stand when fans bitch all calls and non calls. It's the BRUINS time to step up and play harder to win this Cup, the Blues ain't handing it over eady peasy.

Ticketmaster base price is $2155 right now. Stubhub is $1955 and labeled as a “great value”.

A great value was the 20 bucks I paid for my wife and daughter to see Pentatonix from the lower bowl in Worcester last night

Edited by edhunter

Going into game seven, obviously it's a question of what players have health issues. As far as we can see, the Bruins are behind the eight ball in that department. I would like to see Grzelcyk back, because Boston has absolutely nothing in the back to replace him. Still, home rules must favor the home team. Also, Backes should get a chance to get back in the game (sic)

Chara makes edhunter go hmmm.

Meanwhile, in major league baseball, someone is on the DL for a hangnail.

:laughing guy:

Apparently, they haven't discovered the invention of a tweezer. :fury: