• Van Halen - Van Halen
    • Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
    • The Number Of The Beast - Iron Maiden
    • London Calling - The Clash
    • Permanent Waves - Rush
    • Hemispheres - Rush
    • Led Zeppelin IV - Led Zeppelin
    • Abbey Road - The Beatles
    • The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars - David Bowie
    • Animals - Pink Floyd

Rest of the records I can be whitout, and Rush I am so fed up with. I am not sure if I will ever listen to them again...

Why are you fed up with Rush?

Are they annoying, noisy, next door neighbors of yours?

Are they your work colleagues who are backstabbing, brown-nosing bastards?

Don’t get mad, get even!

Ok, I can't decide. To many of my favorites here:

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

The Beatles - Revolver

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV

The Beatles - Abbey Road

David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust

Pink Floyd - Animals

Rest of the records I can be whitout, and Rush I am so fed up with. I am not sure if I will ever listen to them again...

Rush sucks.

• Like 2

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

The Beatles - Revolver

The Beatles - Abbey Road

Pink Floyd - Animals

Rush sucks.

They have been in my life and giving me their crap for close to 40 years now! I have had enough!

• Like 1

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

The Beatles - Revolver

The Beatles - Abbey Road

Pink Floyd - Animals

Rush sucks.

They have been in my life and giving me their crap for close to 40 years now! I have had enough!

yeah screw water! who needs it!
  • Like 1

The Clash are really surprising me here. I mean, I know it's just five votes, but it's got them tied for the lead with Hems and completely slaughtering some very substantial competition. IIRC, London Calling barely scraped into the finals in the first place.

Perhaps I should've allowed two votes in this round and done another round...I guess it's a bit late to change anything now.

I'm surprised too.

Confession: I like some of their music, but IMO they are terribly overrated. They've always struck me as a "but you just HAVE to love them," band. The irony is they are Rolling Stone darlings, and on a Rush forum they are well positioned to end up with the greatest album of all time honor.

• Like 2

Don’t get mad, get even!

Guess I just listened to much to their music when they was active. So I never get the feel that I want to listen to them. Besides now I am exploring so much other great music out there, so...

Don’t get mad, get even!

Guess I just listened to much to their music when they was active. So I never get the feel that I want to listen to them. Besides now I am exploring so much other great music out there, so...

Rush is unbearable and sucks.

Don’t get mad, get even!

I would not say they sucks...

I am just tired of hearing them...

Agree on the overrated Clash angle. I can still appreciate them and enjoy the occasional listen but I don’t think their music has aged as well as a “great” band’s music should. They were the “Ah, Bach!” band of the early ‘80s — you had to like them even if you didn’t; now they seem more like P.D.Q. Bach at times. Favorite track on London Calling is the packaged pop final track Train in Vain; apart from always catchy Rudy Can’t Fail I don’t really care about the rest. Edited by Rutlefan

Agree on the overrated Clash angle. I can still appreciate them and enjoy the occasional listen but I don’t think their music has aged as well as a “great” band’s music should. They were the “Ah, Bach!” band of the early ‘80s — you had to like them even if you didn’t; now they seem more like P.D.Q. Bach at times. Favorite track on London Calling is the packaged pop final track Train in Vain; apart from always catchy Rudy Can’t Fail I don’t really care about the rest.

I didn't vote for London Calling but the album is truly one of the all time greats. At least 13 of the 19 songs are 4 out of 5 stars or better, including the title track, Guns of Brixton, Clampdown, Death or Glory, and Koka Kola getting 5 out of 5 in my book.

And, like Permanent Waves, a great album for the last days of the 70s.

• Like 2

The Clash are really surprising me here. I mean, I know it's just five votes, but it's got them tied for the lead with Hems and completely slaughtering some very substantial competition. IIRC, London Calling barely scraped into the finals in the first place.

Perhaps I should've allowed two votes in this round and done another round...I guess it's a bit late to change anything now.

I'm surprised too.

Confession: I like some of their music, but IMO they are terribly overrated. They've always struck me as a "but you just HAVE to love them," band. The irony is they are Rolling Stone darlings, and on a Rush forum they are well positioned to end up with the greatest album of all time honor.

AFTK is tied with Zep IV. THAT is madness.

• Like 1

Agree on the overrated Clash angle. I can still appreciate them and enjoy the occasional listen but I don’t think their music has aged as well as a “great” band’s music should. They were the “Ah, Bach!” band of the early ‘80s — you had to like them even if you didn’t; now they seem more like P.D.Q. Bach at times. Favorite track on London Calling is the packaged pop final track Train in Vain; apart from always catchy Rudy Can’t Fail I don’t really care about the rest.

I didn't vote for London Calling but the album is truly one of the all time greats. At least 13 of the 19 songs are 4 out of 5 stars or better, including the title track, Guns of Brixton, Clampdown, Death or Glory, and Koka Kola getting 5 out of 5 in my book.

And, like Permanent Waves, a great album for the last days of the 70s.

This is certainly the consensus opinion. Easy to see why. I am simply saying that Marxist protest, even if delivered with catchy hooks, has an inherent aging mechanism baked into it, whereas an apolitical LZ IV, for example, suffers from no such drawback.

Edited by Rutlefan

Don’t get mad, get even!

I would not say they sucks...

I am just tired of hearing them...

I blame the person in control of the volume button!

• Like 1

I love every minute of London Calling. It's held up as well as any classic rock album.

"It's as great a rock and roll statement as any classic rock album." Not saying you're wrong -- it's all opinions -- but this is why I think this album is overrated. Clearly London Calling is the Sgt Peppers of the punk era; it was groundbreaking for the form and the respect it has received since borders on reverence and awe; but like Sgt. Peppers, it's greatness is in part due to its context and place in time. Opinions.

Anyway, I admit that I was always strange in that I liked Sandanista! more from the start (a lot more); or at least about 2/3 of Sandanista!. Have never loved London Calling, though I get why people do. I still get chills though when I hear the opening notes of The Magnificant Seven, and think that either The Call Up or Charlie Don't Surf is much more powerful than anything on London Calling. As I prefer the sprawling, undisciplined White Album to Sgt. Peppers, so I prefer the sprawling, undisciplined Sandanista! to London Calling. Opinions.

Edited by Rutlefan

I'm surprised too.

AFTK is tied with Zep IV. THAT is madness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ2X9SANsME

And more than double the votes for Paranoid.

PARANOID!

you know if the rest of the rush selections would come over to Hemispheres, we'd be dominating this.

But Hems isn't the greatest Rush album. That title belongs to AFTK :P

No album with Madrigal can be the greatest of all time.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Madrigal is perfection, and the rest is transcendent. :P

Madrigal is filler, something hemi doesn't have. All thrilla, no filla.

Circumstances is filler, something AFTK doesn't have.

Consequently, I have onions, something everyone has.

Madrigal over Circumstances?

:LOL:

Hemispheres is considerably better than A Farewell to Kings, IMO. Both are classics, but Hemispheres is better fleshed out. It's also Rush's best realized 'album' when considering it's structure, coherence, flow, consistency; it has a beginning, middle, and crescendo. The art of the album. And Circumstances aint no damn filler.

ZeppelinIV is also another perfect 'album'. That's why I've always appreciated it just a little more than Physical Graffiti.

"ZeppelinIV is also another perfect 'album'. That's why I've always appreciated it just a little more than Physical Graffiti." Just had this conversation with a guy from work today as I was listening to IV on the way to work (probably because of this thread). He thinks PG the most perfect Zeppelin album. While PG is my favorite, I think IV is arguably the more perfectly-realized album. And as far as favorites, it's a very close second to PG. Maybe too close to call.
  • Like 2

"ZeppelinIV is also another perfect 'album'. That's why I've always appreciated it just a little more than Physical Graffiti." Just had this conversation with a guy from work today as I was listening to IV on the way to work (probably because of this thread). He thinks PG the most perfect Zeppelin album. While PG is my favorite, I think IV is arguably the more perfectly-realized album. And as far as favorites, it's a very close second to PG. Maybe too close to call.

Somebody that gets it. Thank you.
  • Like 1

I'm surprised too.

Agreed. Never got the love.