• Van Halen - Van Halen
    • Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
    • The Number Of The Beast - Iron Maiden
    • London Calling - The Clash
    • Permanent Waves - Rush
    • Hemispheres - Rush
    • Led Zeppelin IV - Led Zeppelin
    • Abbey Road - The Beatles
    • The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars - David Bowie
    • Animals - Pink Floyd

you know if the rest of the rush selections would come over to Hemispheres, we'd be dominating this.

But Hems isn't the greatest Rush album. That title belongs to AFTK :P

No album with Madrigal can be the greatest of all time.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Madrigal is perfection, and the rest is transcendent. :P

Madrigal is filler, something hemi doesn't have. All thrilla, no filla.
  • Like 1

Hey EP, how long will this poll run ??

The Rush fans here will need to gather under the cone of silence before this thing is over and figure out what to do - a group change might be in order

Get_Smart-Cone-of-silence.jpg

The Rush fans here will need to gather under the cone of silence before this thing is over and figure out what to do - a group change might be in order

Get_Smart-Cone-of-silence.jpg

I wasn't planning on putting a stop time on it since it's the last one. But I suppose April 2nd would be fair.

you know if the rest of the rush selections would come over to Hemispheres, we'd be dominating this.

Circumstances is filler, something AFTK doesn't have.

Consequently, I have onions, something everyone has.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/94/Get_Smart-Cone-of-silence.jpg

Nah, nearly every album here is worthy of the title but all of them are excellent.

A Rush loss shouldn’t be a surprise...a victory shouldn’t be either as this still is tRf.

Zep IV.

Definitely not London Calling, A fine album that's a bit over rated as a darling of the critics and Rolling Stone magazine.

What I've never exactly understood about London Calling is that it's often cited by critics as one of (if not just) the greatest punk albums of all time, yet when I listen to it, there's like one song I might actually call punk. Maybe my understanding of the genre is too narrow, but most of what's on the record I feel like goes outside the boundaries of punk to a significant degree.

Interesting. This might be a sign of age then because London Calling is a prime example of punk (to me)

Maybe. I dunno. I associate punk with a particular type of sound and style of playing and songwriting. The Ramones and the Sex Pistols exemplify this. Most of London Calling just doesn't to me.

And these three would be the first three bands I think of when I hear the word “punk”

No no, I do think of The Clash as punk, but not that album in particular. I don't find very many punk songs on it. Like, White Riot is obviously a punk song, rather quintessential at that. How then does Lost In The Supermarket qualify as punk?

Madrigal over Circumstances?

:LOL:

• Like 1

Zep IV.

Definitely not London Calling, A fine album that's a bit over rated as a darling of the critics and Rolling Stone magazine.

What I've never exactly understood about London Calling is that it's often cited by critics as one of (if not just) the greatest punk albums of all time, yet when I listen to it, there's like one song I might actually call punk. Maybe my understanding of the genre is too narrow, but most of what's on the record I feel like goes outside the boundaries of punk to a significant degree.

Interesting. This might be a sign of age then because London Calling is a prime example of punk (to me)

Maybe. I dunno. I associate punk with a particular type of sound and style of playing and songwriting. The Ramones and the Sex Pistols exemplify this. Most of London Calling just doesn't to me.

And these three would be the first three bands I think of when I hear the word “punk”

No no, I do think of The Clash as punk, but not that album in particular. I don't find very many punk songs on it. Like, White Riot is obviously a punk song, rather quintessential at that. How then does Lost In The Supermarket qualify as punk?

I’m not the person that usually defends or even cares about bands being allocated to specific genres. In fact, I generally dislike it.

“Green Day’s punk”, “Green Day’s not punk”, “Rush is prog/metal/rock/the kitchen sink”, bla bla bla

Why are we here? ‘Cause London is drowning

Madrigal over Circumstances?

:LOL:

Crazy talk!

• Like 2

The other polls were different in that they had one way to vote if you were a fan - be it a guitarist, actor or vocalist

The division between Rush fans here makes this poll different ... With multiple votes in earlier rounds, it wasn't so obvious, but now, with one vote, I don't think this is the best way

• Like 1

EP is running a great show here, but if I may suggest that this might benefit from another round

Take the top 3 vote getters and have a final final round

It is a great show but I’d go with having an overtime round ONLY if there’s a draw by the end of regulation.

Making and keeping deadlines matter :hail:

EP is running a great show here, but if I may suggest that this might benefit from another round

It is a great show but I’d go with having an overtime round ONLY if there’s a draw by the end of regulation.

I see both sides

An album is an album, and it shouldn't matter if some of the nominees are from the same band

on the other hand

If London Calling and Hemispheres ended in a tie, I'm not sure a tiebreaker would even be close .. and neither would a 2112 vs LC or Moving Pics vs LC

• Like 1

Top five, maybe.

Another round of groups might have helped. Too many great albums.

• Like 1

I like Madrigal but Cinderella Man is awful.

• Like 1

I was just going to post my Cinderella Man trump card but you beat me to it.

Next move 'oh oh oh Cinderella Man is better than The Trees.'

I see both sides

An album is an album, and it shouldn't matter if some of the nominees are from the same band

on the other hand

If London Calling and Hemispheres ended in a tie, I'm not sure a tiebreaker would even be close .. and neither would a 2112 vs LC or Moving Pics vs LC

Not sure why you’re mentioning “an album is an album, and it shouldn’t matter...” because I agree with that.

Also, it doesn’t matter if a tiebreak would be close or not. It’d just be a matter of fact that they got to a tiebreak and would be deserving of an overtime.

I was just going to post my Cinderella Man trump card but you beat me to it.

Next move 'oh oh oh Cinderella Man is better than The Trees.'

Both Cinderella Man and Madrigal I love more than Circumstances. Not sure where I fall on Cinderella Man vs. The Trees, seeing as The Trees is the best song on Hems...

Yeah I'm gonna catch flack for that one.

Ok, I can't decide. To many of my favorites here:

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

The Beatles - Revolver

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV

The Beatles - Abbey Road

David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust

Pink Floyd - Animals

Rest of the records I can be whitout, and Rush I am so fed up with. I am not sure if I will ever listen to them again...

• Like 2

The Clash are really surprising me here. I mean, I know it's just five votes, but it's got them tied for the lead with Hems and completely slaughtering some very substantial competition. IIRC, London Calling barely scraped into the finals in the first place.

Perhaps I should've allowed two votes in this round and done another round...I guess it's a bit late to change anything now.

• Like 1

The Clash are really surprising me here. I mean, I know it's just five votes, but it's got them tied for the lead with Hems and completely slaughtering some very substantial competition. IIRC, London Calling barely scraped into the finals in the first place.

Perhaps I should've allowed two votes in this round and done another round...I guess it's a bit late to change anything now.

Nope, you did right with just one vote. Two votes weakens the meaning of “Greatest”. We know it’s not really a measure of greatness but standards still must be met! :hail: