SSoaSS VS Operation Mindcrime?

Texas King

SSoaSS VS Operation Mindcrime?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. SSoaSS VS Operation Mindcrime?

• Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
    • Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime

Mindcrime. The days before Tate turned into a vest-wearing, flat cap-donning hipster douche bag.

Hipster, really?

http://assets.blabbermouth.net/media/geofftatemunichdec2016_2_638.jpg

I know next to nothing about Geoff Tate. But Treeduck wins. A picture is worth more than a thousand words.

• Like 2

Great topic. It´s hard for me to vote against Maiden unless you include the Blaze albums. But did you guys know that even Bruce was aprehensive when they were recording SSOASS and Mindcrime came out? He thought that fans would think they were copying QR, just because both albums were concept ones.

Great topic. It´s hard for me to vote against Maiden unless you include the Blaze albums. But did you guys know that even Bruce was aprehensive when they were recording SSOASS and Mindcrime came out? He thought that fans would think they were copying QR, just because both albums were concept ones.

Interesting, but Seventh Son was released before Mindcrime!???

Anyway I voted for Queensryche, it's a better concept, more interesting musically and features a band at the peak of their powers (plus it was recorded at Le Studio with Peter Collins ;) ).

Maiden were definitely past their peak by 1988, although SS does contain two of their best singles in Can I Play With Madness and Evil That Men Do.

Interesting, but Seventh Son was released before Mindcrime!???

I guess they knew about it before it was released. Mindcrime started to be recorded in 1987, and both Maiden and Queensryche were EMI artists at the time.