Your thoughts on Arcade Fire?

Very good band.

Overrated to the max though.

• Like 1

I basically know nothing about this band except for part of a song they play on a bunch of radio shows that goes something like "Ahhhhhahhhhahhhhhhahhhhaaahhh!"

I have no clue what that is.

They have some quality songs, but I'm not sure I can say that I'm a fan

Can't get past their hipster shit

Agreed.

They sound so authentic yet come across so false.

A very off juxtaposition.

• Like 2

I think they are an okay band. Funeral and Neon Bible are very good albums. And I like the song "Sprawl II'.

I haven't listened to them in years. Probably because I don't think they are as great as I am led to believe. Like already mentioned, it's probably the hipster vibe.

I'm not a fan. I checked them out when they first started getting a buzz and it didn't do much for me. Later I caught a part of a concert on TV and it was like fiddy hipsters on stage repeating the same line for ten minutes. And that's when I knew they weren't for me.
  • Like 2

Really good band.

Their debut, Funeral, is outstanding.

The next two albums, Neon Bible and The Suburbs, are both very good, with some fantastic tunes on both.

Their fourth album, Reflektor, is solid. Has a few really good tunes, but a lot of stuff that sounds okay, but doesn't pull you in at all.

I doubt they will ever top their debut, but I am confident they can rebound from that last record.

All that said, they are definitely one of those bands that witless rock critics have decided is great and will now ejaculate to everything they do, but really, who listens to bands because of something a critic says?

• Like 1

I really started getting into this band when The Suburbs was released but I had heard some of their music prior to that album. I just bought their new album from iTunes. I watched their Lollapalooza webcast last Sunday and it was awesome. They are on my bucket list to see. The entire band is from Canada, however, the Butler brothers are from Texas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqqhS8I_YYY

Edited by Leanne

The new album has some songs that are total crap, but also has 5-6 songs that are outstanding. Bummed that they are not coming my way this year. They were great when I saw them on the Suburbs tour.

I listened to the samples on iTunes before I bought it. I'm thinking about buying Funeral (which I've heard) or Neon Bible. They are going to be in Dallas in September but there is no way I'll be able to make it. I heard they will be playing more shows in the US next year.

I think I listened to Funeral once or twice and liked it a good deal. I've also heard some stuff from Neon Bible and The Suburbs that I enjoy. come to think of it though, I think when I did listen all the way through The Suburbs it kinda bored me to death. I did only listen once, but... the critical acclaim there seemed misguided to me. I'll take American Idiot over that as a concept album about suburbia any day.

Never got around to Reflektor I don't think, and the single from Everything Now is a little too Abba, but without the perfect pop songwriting that makes Abba good...

probably overrated, but not without reason

• Like 1

I think I listened to Funeral once or twice and liked it a good deal. I've also heard some stuff from Neon Bible and The Suburbs that I enjoy. come to think of it though, I think when I did listen all the way through The Suburbs it kinda bored me to death. I did only listen once, but... the critical acclaim there seemed misguided to me. I'll take American Idiot over that as a concept album about suburbia any day.

Never got around to Reflektor I don't think, and the single from Everything Now is a little too Abba, but without the perfect pop songwriting that makes Abba good...

probably overrated, but not without reason

I love Reflektor Disc 1, most of the songs are rock and have a dance vibe. There are only 2 or 3 songs I like on Disc 2. I feel the same way about The Suburbs, there are some good songs on there but there are a few that are rather boring. And yes Green Day American Idiot album is fantastic!

Edited by Leanne
  • Like 1

Very good band.

Overrated to the max though.

Beyond overrated to the MAX!

The band should be called Charade Avalanche

That is a great band name!

• Like 1