Geddy will play Roundabout

apetersvt

Not happening, per RIAB ...

UPDATE: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation sent a statement to Billboard after this story was published denying that Lee would perform at the ceremony. "Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson were only confirmed to do the induction speech for one of their favorite bands and not perform. They, like all the other Yes fans, look forward to honoring them and watching them perform at the induction ceremony on April 7 and the HBO broadcast on April 29."

I just read this too and was coming over to post this.

Well if Yes is performing then who'll play Squire's part?? Ged's the perfect choice and he'll be there anyway.. maybe he'll decide to do it now that this rumour got our hopes up..
  • Like 1

UPDATE: The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation sent a statement to Billboard after this story was published denying that Lee would perform at the ceremony. "Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson were only confirmed to do the induction speech for one of their favorite bands and not perform. They, like all the other Yes fans, look forward to honoring them and watching them perform at the induction ceremony on April 7 and the HBO broadcast on April 29."

Could still be that it's happening and they're just pissed that it leaked this early. We can hope.

• Like 2

Could still be that it's happening and they're just pissed that it leaked this early. We can hope.

Yeah, Jann Wenner probably just doesn't want another 6000 Rush fans turning up...

Edited by Lurkst
  • Like 5

I'm looking California and feeling Minnesota...

http://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/fa/22/96/fa229697e7c5ad5f64c043bc3c122595.jpg

:blaze:

Blaze you bastard, leave Hulk alone!!!

• Like 1

I'm looking California and feeling Minnesota...

http://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/fa/22/96/fa229697e7c5ad5f64c043bc3c122595.jpg

:blaze:

Blaze you bastard, leave Hulk alone!!!

This is what I did to Spidey after fraroc told me Neil forced Geddy & Alex to never play music again:

http://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/9c/80/67/9c8067b9ebed78fced8a712591beebe1.jpg

Well poop. Hopefully they are just keeping it a secret and it will happen anyways

Well if Yes is performing then who'll play Squire's part?? Ged's the perfect choice and he'll be there anyway.. maybe he'll decide to do it now that this rumour got our hopes up..

Billy Sherwood. He's been playing bass for them for a couple of years now, and was in the band a while back. It's not like they don't have a bass player. While it would have been cool to see Geddy play with Yes, Billy is more than capable of playing all of Chris's parts.

• Like 1

Billy Sherwood. He's been playing bass for them for a couple of years now, and was in the band a while back. It's not like they don't have a bass player. While it would have been cool to see Geddy play with Yes, Billy is more than capable of playing all of Chris's parts.

Bite your tongue! Ged is better.

• Like 1

YES FIRED GEDDY ALREADY?

Even Trevor Horn lasted longer...

Geddy lasted longer in Yes than Chris Squire lasted as producer of Grace Under Pressure

• Like 4

Well poop. Hopefully they are just keeping it a secret and it will happen anyways

How does "Geddy won't be playing Roundabout" equate to "they're keeping it a secret and it will happen anyways"?

Do you really think they'd lie about it JUST SO when that onstage Roundabout Geddy moment happens they can say "Ha-ha! We got you! Geddy's playing after all"?!

:poke:

I'm just playing with you but truly that'd be a lame secret to keep.

Going to be interesting to see him play that without a pick.

If anyone can do it finger style, it's Ged. ;)

I guess we won't be seeing it though.

Where in my response did I even hint that Billy is better than Geddy? I was merely pointing that Yes does have a bassist, in response to the question of who will play bass for them at the ceremony.

• Like 2

Where in my response did I even hint that Billy is better than Geddy? I was merely pointing that Yes does have a bassist, in response to the question of who will play bass for them at the ceremony.

Infers Sherwood is better at playing the parts. Ged could readily and effectively play the parts.

Infers Sherwood is better at playing the parts. Ged could readily and effectively play the parts.

No, it doesnt.

• Like 2

I bet they'll jam with Yes at the end though. I wonder what song they'll do?

I know! 'I've seen all good People'!

Geddy is playing bass for Squire on "I've seen all good People'!!

Spread the news!!! :D

• Like 1

That doesn't infer anything. It quite literally states that "Billy is more than capable of playing all of Chris's parts". Period. Which is a true statement because he's a great bass player, and has been playing Chris's parts for a few years now. If I had said "Billy is more capable than Geddy" then, yes, that's an inference.

• Like 1

Well, either way I got a ticket off Stubhub and will be there. I really hope they jam at the end!
  • Like 5