Funky rock clash: RATM or RHCP or FTM or Primus?

Texas King

Funky rock clash: RATM or RHCP or FTM or Primus?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Funky rock clash: RATM or RHCP or FNM or Primus?

• Rage Against The Machine
    • Red Hot Chili Peppers
    • Faith No More
    • Primus

I like them all. Not sure Primus is funky, regardless of Claypool's expertise.

I think Patton's talent is unassailable, and out of all his bands I think there's gotta be something for most people somewhere.

Chili's were far better early on, I feel they copied themselves an awful lot later on. In fairness I haven't listened to their later albums, the hits that sound like their previous hit made me lose interest. Could be my fault, maybe they're as creative as ever overall.

Rage I love because I'm such a lefty, and Morello is such an interesting guitar player.

So favorite?

Probably Primus.

Apparently this will be quite unpopular in here.

• Like 2

I like them all. Not sure Primus is funky, regardless of Claypool's expertise.

I think Patton's talent is unassailable, and out of all his bands I think there's gotta be something for most people somewhere.

Chili's were far better early on, I feel they copied themselves an awful lot later on. In fairness I haven't listened to their later albums, the hits that sound like their previous hit made me lose interest. Could be my fault, maybe they're as creative as ever overall.

Rage I love because I'm such a lefty, and Morello is such an interesting guitar player.

So favorite?

Probably Primus.

Apparently this will be quite unpopular in here.

Primus sucks!

• Like 2

I love Primus, but as a live band. I really don't listen much to any of the four bands otherwise...other than Claypool's bass riffs as earworms.

This was genius...

sddefault.jpg

• Like 2

I love Primus, but as a live band. I really don't listen much to any of the four bands otherwise...other than Claypool's bass riffs as earworms.

This was genius...

sddefault.jpg

Damn straight it was. I loved this so much.
  • Like 1

This was genius...

sddefault.jpg

Damn straight it was. I loved this so much.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/20150907_214833_LLS_zpsgey7fsu7.jpg

Took my daughter to the show. Front row, baby!

• Like 3

here's somethin funny... took my mom to tool/primus last year for her birthday. primus somehow was too weird for tool's fanbase... beer/merch lines like crazy. I guess that tour would've worked better in 1993 but I thought it was great

RHCP's early stuff is pretty underrated. I was shocked when I discovered they didn't always write really annoying radio songs about california

True men don't kill coyotes!
  • Like 2

RHCP's early stuff is pretty underrated. I was shocked when I discovered they didn't always write really annoying radio songs about california

True men don't kill coyotes!

That is for sure!

Early peppers with hillel rules.

Freaky styley was produced by the george clinton!

Me and my friends and backwoods are two of my faves.

• Like 1