Test For Echo Tour Documentary 1997

YYZumbi

A short "documentary" about how they was setting up the stage on the Test For Echo Tour and also interviews with some fans what they was thinking about the, back then, new album Test For Echo. And you also see Geddy saying Hello and Bye to the audience :P

• Like 10

Just stumbled across this:

Pretty cool radio interviews just before the T4E tour. Each of the band speak for approx 10 minutes.

Interesting to hear about the writing and recording, as well as a little of the interpersonal stuff.

Neil sounds caffeinated andistalkinglikethismuchofthetime.

:coffee:

• Like 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhtTgphRpXU

Pretty cool radio interviews just before the T4E tour. Each of the band speak for approx 10 minutes.

Interesting to hear about the writing and recording, as well as a little of the interpersonal stuff.

Fun listen, thanks for posting this. :cheers:

Wow, Neil talks almost as fast as uncle Ted on Gonzo. :16ton:

• Like 3

Love the two hardcore fans waiting in line so early in the day . . . and pretty much doing nothing but bitch about Rush's latest albums. Kinda like this place, sometimes . . .
  • Like 4

Love the two hardcore fans waiting in line so early in the day . . . and pretty much doing nothing but bitch about Rush's latest albums. Kinda like this place, sometimes . . .

Yeah, I felt like sometimes I do here. If you are so disappointed, why are you here? But the answer inevitably is, because it's Rush. Especially when they said that they felt the band thought they had to produce a song to fill a certain role, and Alex and Geddy clearly said that wasn't the case. Just goes to show that we out here are convinced we know what the band is thinking and we're wrong.

• Like 1

• Like 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEHz__pQdXY

Haha, that's great. Maybe Neil should superimpose some drum parts over his interviews.

• Like 2

Hard to believe that I consider 20 year old music "new Rush". I saw them 4 times on this tour. This was my daughter's first tour. She went with me to 3 of the 4 shows. T4E is still her favorite Rush album.
  • Like 2

Haven't listened to this one in a while. Decent enough radio show.

Front row Geddy side for this tour back in 1996. On a cold cold South Florida night.

Amazing show and one of top my 3 Rush live shows ever.

Edited by Todem

I liked the tour but the album definatly didn't age well after 20 years. Its the equivalent of eating a lukewarm bowl of vanilla ice cream. Its funny to hear how hyped up the record was at the time though..I have a Guitar Player magazine that touted it on the cover as their "heaviest and BEST since Moving Pictures!"

Ehh.....not so much lol

• Like 1

I liked the tour but the album definatly didn't age well after 20 years. Its the equivalent of eating a lukewarm bowl of vanilla ice cream. Its funny to hear how hyped up the record was at the time though..I have a Guitar Player magazine that touted it on the cover as their "heaviest and BEST since Moving Pictures!"

Ehh.....not so much lol

I think it's a great album. I really like that the acoustic guitar came back. Probably like it better than Counterparts.