Beatles - Revolver or Beach Boys - Pet Sounds?

Texas King

Beatles - Revolver or Beach Boys - Pet Sounds?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Beatles - Revolver or Beach Boys - Pet Sounds?

• Beatles - Revolver
    • Beach Boys - Pet Sounds

Now I love both.

And today I happen to think Revolver.

Give me a week I will say Pet Sounds.

• Like 3

Pet Sounds is a masterpiece. Revolver is a masterpiece.

Personally, I feel Pet Sounds is a tad bit overrated. As wonderfully produced as it is, parts sound totally dated, almost like some b-movie soundtrack. And it's one man's vision. It's not really a Beach Boys album.

Revolver is an album recorded by a band. It's dark. It's light. It's funny. It's serious. And it looked to the future. "Tomorrow Never Knows", indeed.

• Like 5

Pet Sounds, hands down. I love the harmonies. I agree with Ancient Ways; Sloop John B, God Only Knows, Wouldn't It Be Nice outdo Revolver all kinds of ways. (If you had picked Rubber Soul I would have been stuck with more of a problem ;) )
  • Like 3

Rubber Soul is better to me than both these as well

I have a weird relationship with listening to Rubber Soul. When I break it down and think about it, for some reason, I'm not that impressed with the songs (relative to other Beatles songs). But when I listen to the damn thing I am astonished by how effortless it is. It soothes me. It's the last Beatles album where they sounded like it was all about having fun.

With that said, Revolver is my preference. Too many bases are covered. It's like a bubble gum pop band fused with a post-punk band.

• Like 1

Pet Sounds, hands down. I love the harmonies. I agree with Ancient Ways; Sloop John B, God Only Knows, Wouldn't It Be Nice outdo Revolver all kinds of ways. (If you had picked Rubber Soul I would have been stuck with more of a problem ;) )

I think we just became best friends. Rubber soul is my favorite Beatles album.

• Like 2

Rubber Soul is my fave Beatles album as well! Haha

Actually Rubber Soul, A Hard Days Night and Help! are my top three Beatles records. Fourth and fifth is Revolver and the white album.

I can can or leave the rest for the most part.

• Like 3

Weird considering it's been compared to Sgt more than Revolver. I prefer Revolver but Pet is better than Sgt.

100% agreeeeeeee!

Edited by Segue Myles