I need sad song recommendations.

fraroc

I really am looking for sad rock/metal songs that are in the vein of Lacuna Coil, Evanescence, Delain and Within Temptation.

Preferably songs about not having hope and the world being f***ed up.

Thank you.

You want sad fraroc? None of those bands even come close to Type O Negative. Check out their album World Coming Down and then you'll truly know what sad, depressing songs filled with no hope really are.

They did show some black humor in their songs but for the most part there has never been a band that was more depressed and devoid of any hope then they were.

I really am looking for sad rock/metal songs that are in the vein of Lacuna Coil, Evanescence, Delain and Within Temptation.

Thank you.

Yer not lookin' fer a suicide anthem, are ya?

I'm not playing this game.

You want sad fraroc? None of those bands even come close to Type O Negative. Check out their album World Coming Down and then you'll truly know what sad, depressing songs filled with no hope really are.

They did show some black humor in their songs but for the most part there has never been a band that was more depressed and devoid of any hope then they were.

I actually do like some of Type O Negative's music a lot.

• Like 1

Thank you.

Yer not lookin' fer a suicide anthem, are ya?

I'm not playing this game.

I just want to try listening to more sad music other than the ones I already know.

Thank you.

Well, I can't really help you there, and if that's all you're looking for then shouldn't you just peruse through other bands of the gothic or symphonic metal genre? Sonata Arctica sometimes goes full-on symphonic, so I'll recommend them. Typically half of their songs are dismal while the other half are cheesy uplifting, but on their "Unia" album every song is sad or angry.

And from the Days of Grays,

, which is an anti-war song so it would fall under how f***ed up the world is.

Now, if you're willing to expand, here's a genre to check out:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadcore

I've only listened to a few bands in the genre (and there only seem to be a few to begin with..), and I've mainly been listening to Red House Painters. In any case, you don't have to dig deep here to find a sad song... Since that's what the genre is all about.

A couple favorites:

http://youtu.be/fjHDqcEhwDU

http://youtu.be/4obWMN3zuKQ

And then, there's the neoclassical / heavy metal album by Viper called "Theatre of Fate", the songs are negative in situation, but have positive encouragement. I'd say it's appropriate to recommend to you since the lyrics in these songs are from the mind of an at-the-time 21 year old without direction.

To Live Again

Drowning in depression

Looking for some action

An answer to the pain

Of my last thousand nights

If I had a way

To make some moments come back

So true and real

I will spend my life in memories

Of the past

But nobody lives in dreams

And nobody really cares

If I'm really f***in' tired

Of this f***in' life

Prelude To Oblivion

...I just can't find my way

Or meaning to my life

World will remember?

Not at all

And take my example?

Not at all

Am I wrong?

Yes! Because the world won't take example

From somebody who won't fight...

http://www.metal-archives.com/images/5/6/1/7/5617.jpg?0459

YAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Also, try Paradise Lost- Believe In Nothing. Great album! They inspired everyone from Opeth to Evanescence.

Also, fraroc, look up the song White Pearl, Black Ocean by Sonata Arctica on YouTube.

Look for a lyric video.

Take in the music, emotions and story.

Come back to me...

Edited by Segue Myles

Why do you want to listen to songs like that?

"I like beautiful melodies tellling me terrible things." - Tom Waits

For those with a sense of humor, One More Minute and You Dont Love Me Anymore but Weird Al are good choices.

I used to do that - listen to songs that would make me feel worse when I already felt bad. One day I asked myself why on earth I was doing that to myself.