HYF remixed?

jnoble

So what would you guys think if (hypothetically) the masters of HYF were remixed stripping away all the layers of dated '80s reverb on everything and made it more dry and upfront like a modern album? Everything else stays the same. Would you like it more or less?

I don't know about remixing or re-doing old albums, but I've often thought that Rush could have done more in performance to shake things up a bit - they could have rocked up or heavified some of that synthy stuff, stripped the arrangements back to the organic sounds instead of making those live performances involve the headache of hitting the right trigger at the right time.

Rush occasionally treated fans to something a little different, like the jam at the end of Closer to the Heart, extended guitar solos here and there, goofball song intros. But I never really heard heavier versions of some of their 80s sparklefests. Maybe a bit on the Different Stages CD, because Lifeson's guitar sound was heavier.

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 3

I don't know about remixing or re-doing old albums, but I've often thought that Rush could have done more in performance to shake things up a bit - they could have rocked up or heavified some of that synthy stuff, stripped the arrangements back to the organic sounds instead of making those live performances involve the headache of hitting the right trigger at the right time.

Rush occasionally treated fans to something a little different, like the jam at the end of Closer to the Heart, extended guitar solos here and there, goofball song intros. But I never really heard heavier versions of some of their 80s sparklefests. Maybe a bit on the Different Stages CD, because Lifeson's guitar sound was heavier.

Yeah I have thought this too. They needed to jam a bit more.

• Like 1

It's perfect the way it is.

YES!

I would still be interested to hear it, if that were done. But it certainly doesn't need to be done, to please anyone.

Brilliant piece of art rock, it is. I wouldn't change a thing.

• Like 1

I'm rubbish at humour Edited by Segue Myles

It's perfect the way it is.

YES!

I would still be interested to hear it, if that were done. But it certainly doesn't need to be done, to please anyone.

Brilliant piece of art rock, it is. I wouldn't change a thing.

Exactly! Everything about HYF is perfect. I think ANY change would actually ruin it...I mean that.

It's just a fragile, delicate and beautiful album. If I have one complaint it's not even about the music: I hate the front cover! Red is my favourite colour but something about the design hurts my eyes whenever I take the vinyl out!

• Like 1