Victor, Why All Of The Hate?

Permanent-Rush

I'm not wild about Victor either, but for me the instrumental Strip and Go Naked is a cool enough song to make me glad he did the project. Interesting mix of 12 strings, clean and distorted electric rhythm, and slide guitar, which we don't get to hear from Lifeson very often. The other leads are very distinctively him as well, particularly the heavy reverb'd stuff. And I think the song has good textures, and a range of moods and dynamics.

I think that was Bill Bell doing the slide work.

• Like 1

I'm not wild about Victor either, but for me the instrumental Strip and Go Naked is a cool enough song to make me glad he did the project. Interesting mix of 12 strings, clean and distorted electric rhythm, and slide guitar, which we don't get to hear from Lifeson very often. The other leads are very distinctively him as well, particularly the heavy reverb'd stuff. And I think the song has good textures, and a range of moods and dynamics.

I think that was Bill Bell doing the slide work.

D'oh!!

I'm glad people enjoy this.

But to my ears there is nothing to like...but whatever it is you find that you enjoy about, good for you!

• Like 1

Listening to Victor now. Somehow I made it to Strip and Go Naked, a good instrumental. But the 3 tracks prior to that are hard to listen to -- vocally. Edwin sounds like the typical, boring 90s vocalist. Then on Shut Up Shuttin' Up, I do my best to ignore Charlene and her friend's banter...but unfortunately I can't. "Stop" will be pressed after this tune finishes. Screw the last 3 tracks.

:o

In the Presto thread I used this same ratings scale:

4 = great

3 = good

2= ok

1 = bad

0 = shouldn't have been made

Victor got a score of 1.54.

Now you two are just trolling each other!

Not really. That's the score I'm giving it. I gave Presto a 2 point something.

Don't really see how my post is trolling.

((Edited to add this last section))

Forgot to include my ratings...

There were two songs that got 3s, two that got 2s, six that got 1s, but no 0s or 4s.

Explain the trolling bit because I don't even think Surrender was trolling here. She simply posted a surprise/shock smiley because of my last sentence of "Screw the last 3..."

I did.

She obviously loves Alex, and for the sake of conversation, starts this thread

:Neil: is my favorite now, but I still love :Alex: :heart:

:geddy: is great also!

Part of the problem is the majority of one or two word comment posts with nothing of significance added to any conversation. That and the temper tantrums.

• Like 1

Part of the problem is the majority of one or two word comment posts with nothing of significance added to any conversation. That and the temper tantrums.

I do not throw temper tantrums. How old do you think I am?

Yes you do. You have yelled at people for posting their opinions in threads multiple times. That's very childish. As far as how old you are, if you are truly 15, act it. You are old enough to contribute some halfway intelligent conversation.

• Like 1

Yes you do. You have yelled at people for posting their opinions in threads multiple times. That's very childish. As far as how old you are, if you are truly 15, act it. You are old enough to contribute some halfway intelligent conversation.

No.

I am.

No.

I am.

And the one and two word comments. I've told you that before. I know you can write a full sentence, I've seen you do it. The only reason you're getting teased is because you're acting childish. People don't respect that. There are a large group of very diverse people here, and the nature of a forum is to contribute ideas.

• Like 1

No.

I am.

And the one and two word comments. I've told you that before. I know you can write a full sentence, I've seen you do it. The only reason you're getting teased is because you're acting childish. People don't respect that. There are a large group of very diverse people here, and the nature of a forum is to contribute ideas.

Not really. I suck at writing.

No.

I am.

Not really. I suck at writing.

Well, all I've got to say at this point is if you don't give it a shot, you're going to continue to be teased.

• Like 1

A friend of mine got it before I could and he didn't like it so he gave it to me.He was expecting a guitar rawk album.Apart from the lyrics to the first ditty I like it and feature some great guitar work.That solo in Shutting Up is out of this world

.Solo albums are outlets for a band member to play what he likes away from the day job.I find some of Victor more interesting than TFE.Also Alex is a weird,crazy guy so what did we expect?

• Like 4

But are we setting the bar too low ?? .. I don't even own Victor anymore and never have a desire to even listen to it ..

I think some of my dislike comes from the fact that he just didn't seem to dedicate himself .. Sure, he produced it himself, but I think comes from the fact that a) he didn't want to answer to anyone ( which he really should have ) b) he didn't feel the album was worth investing any money in ..

Unlike Geddy's album, Victor was recorded prior to the tragedies that befell Neil, and while Rush was intact as a band ..

It wasn't as if Alex had some spare time and just tossed it together ... He had the opportunity to make some sort of statement

That was his statement but I've already gone too far down this rabbit hole.

No hate here. I once painted the whole main floor of my sister's house whilst listening to Victor. Love it!
  • Like 1

Because of Victor we now know what Geddy goes through to pick out the short bursts of inspiration and arrange them into actually Rush songs. Geddy is the glue. The glue.

Geddy is the sphere!

Edited by GeddysMullet