Anyone get R40 yet? if so how is it???

384 replies to this topic

#41 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 5864 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:47 AM

Mine is out for delivery with the mailman !!!!   Happy dance about 2 pm !!!  I will probably be watching it then as husband has somewhat of a man crush on Parker Schnabel and will want to watch "Gold Rush" tonight  . . . .

Sponsored Post

#42 Jaminbenb

Jaminbenb

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2874 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:58 AM

Just got home from Best Buy...the flashlight is totally amazing...glad I went out the first day!

#43 robertrobyn

robertrobyn

Positive attitude, positive results

• Members
  • 1806 posts
  • Interests:Rush and More Rush!! Collecting Rush Stuff!!! My Family!

Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:15 AM

View PostJaminbenb, on 20 November 2015 - 10:58 AM, said:

Just got home from Best Buy...the flashlight is totally amazing...glad I went out the first day!
Picture please???

"Go Phillies"

#44 clem

clem

The Seeker

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:17 AM

"The Camera Eye" sounds awful.  Especially on the verses where you only hear Geddy yodel and Alex's acoustic.

I'm listening the CD streaming on Apple music.

#45 Jaminbenb

Jaminbenb

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2874 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:50 AM

Sonically...it seems fine...only had a chance to listen through Far Cry...I plan on listening to more on my iPod though when I go to the gym... When I get time I'll blast it on my stereo.

Packaging isn't my favorite...I got the Blu-Ray version, and it's in a 6.5 X 5 cardboard folder (which doesn't fit into my CD shelves, need to put it with my DVD's) and all four discs are in one package...so when I want to listen to it in the car, I need to put the discs into an old CD case...

Probably won't be able to watch the video until next week sometime, so I'll comment on that when I do. (although I did like what I saw of the pre-release versions)

#46 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

Vapor Trail

• Members
  • 18336 posts
  • Interests:NO FUN. NOT EVER.

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:28 PM

View Postclem, on 20 November 2015 - 11:17 AM, said:

"The Camera Eye" sounds awful.  Especially on the verses where you only hear Geddy yodel and Alex's acoustic.

I'm listening the CD streaming on Apple music.
Ouch. :(

#47 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:31 PM

From hearing all this it's pretty disappointing. I was thinking about going out today and picking it up if the reviews were good, but if all of those mistakes were left in it's going to be really upsetting to listen to.

#48 canadianice

canadianice

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2965 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:38 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 20 November 2015 - 12:31 PM, said:

From hearing all this it's pretty disappointing. I was thinking about going out today and picking it up if the reviews were good, but if all of those mistakes were left in it's going to be really upsetting to listen to.
  It is really good----believe me.   :rush:

#49 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

Vapor Trail

• Members
  • 18336 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:41 PM

I'm listening to disc one right now and Alex hits the F# chord three or four times instead of E at the start of Far Cry. It wasn't exactly bad, but seeing such a simple mistake not being fixed is bumming me out. It's not gonna detract me from listening to it more than once but with Rush being perfectionists...it's disappointing they put no effort in doing something about these minor hiccups :(

#50 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

Vapor Trail

• Members
  • 18336 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:41 PM

Other than that, the mix on the CD sounds great IMO. I wonder what went wrong with the iTunes mix.

#51 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:44 PM

View PostPolarizeMe, on 20 November 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

I'm listening to disc one right now and Alex hits the F# chord three or four times instead of E at the start of Far Cry. It wasn't exactly bad, but seeing such a simple mistake not being fixed is bumming me out. It's not gonna detract me from listening to it more than once but with Rush being perfectionists...it's disappointing they put no effort in doing something about these minor hiccups :(

Those kinds of things bug me and to have it on an official release is just a poor choice on their part.

#52 tomhealey

tomhealey

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:52 PM

Hey I just picked mine up at Best Buy, and found out that I made the packaging!  The inside photo was taken at LA, and you can see me (or, at least, my orange baseball cap) next to my friend Christine (blue shirt) in the lower right hand side  of the picture.  Nice of them to personalize my R40 experience.  What a souvenir!

#53 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21779 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:53 PM

View Posttomhealey, on 20 November 2015 - 12:52 PM, said:

Hey I just picked mine up at Best Buy, and found out that I made the packaging!  The inside photo was taken at LA, and you can see me (or, at least, my orange baseball cap) next to my friend Christine (blue shirt) in the lower right hand side  of the picture.  Nice of them to personalize my R40 experience.  What a souvenir!

Congrats. That's awesome!

#54 nicky6

nicky6

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:59 PM

I still believe the last best live release next to R30, was different stages.. just a perfect and great performance. and the mix was great too.. I didn't set my hopes too high for this new one. just wanted it to be better than the last one....

#55 hcm

hcm

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:16 PM

View Posttomhealey, on 20 November 2015 - 12:52 PM, said:

That is truly awesome. and hey you weren't at the bathroom this time :)

#56 Jaminbenb

Jaminbenb

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2874 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:17 PM

Listened to more on my iPod (got through to Subdivisions)  Not a bad sound (even for the lossy version)  Liking the sound....

Had disc three in my car on my way over, and listened to Camera Eye... I think it sounds great actually....not sure what isn't liked?!?!

One thing that DOES annoy me is that they didn't put the names of the tracks on the discs!  Really? Talk about "phoning that part in"  I blame the production people!

#57 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

Vapor Trail

• Members
  • 18336 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:23 PM

Finished disc one of the CD. Mix sounds great and aside from Alex hitting the wrong chord at the start of Far Cry, the performances were great for what they are.

#58 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42287 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:29 PM

View Postgoose, on 19 November 2015 - 10:00 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 19 November 2015 - 08:29 PM, said:

View Postdjflex, on 19 November 2015 - 07:58 PM, said:

View Postedhunter, on 19 November 2015 - 07:44 PM, said:

For the first time in 30 years, I've decided not to get a Rush item on release day. All so the kiddies could get Daddy something for Christmas.

I thought about that, but will probably just get socks,..
Better than coal in a stocking.  :sigh:
Is that another Narps underwear reference?
I needed that laugh very much this morning.  I must, must, must, must find a reasonably priced high speed.  Our dial up wouldn't connect this morning.  When I called the hosting company to tell them, the man said to me:  "Well, you know Ma'am, dial up is an archaic technology."  :eh:  Like I don't already know that?  :eyeroll:   Like anyone would choose to have dial-up when they can afford high speed?  :smash:

#59 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42287 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:30 PM

When I call Best Buy, how do I let them know it's not the R40 dozen or so disks package that I am asking for?

What's the official name of this one?

#60 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

Vapor Trail

• Members
  • 18336 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:39 PM

View PostLorraine, on 20 November 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

When I call Best Buy, how do I let them know it's not the R40 dozen or so disks package that I am asking for?

What's the official name of this one?
R40 Live

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users