Michael Jackson Or Prince?

bluefox4000

Michael Jackson vs. Prince  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

Tough call: I like both but one's a bonafide weirdo and the other's a bonafide diddler. Let's put it this way- Who wouldn't you mind blasting in the car with the windows down?

So my vote goes to the guy who writes all his own material, and can play basically any instrument.

CON-TRO-VERS-Y

EDIT: Prince also wrote a shitload of awesome songs for other people, and banged every hot 80's chick imaginable.

Like the Bangles? (in reference to both)

It's never a manic Monday waking up next to Susannah Hoff I'd imagine.

Oh man she still looks good;)

Tough call: I like both but one's a bonafide weirdo and the other's a bonafide diddler. Let's put it this way- Who wouldn't you mind blasting in the car with the windows down?

So my vote goes to the guy who writes all his own material, and can play basically any instrument.

CON-TRO-VERS-Y

EDIT: Prince also wrote a shitload of awesome songs for other people, and banged every hot 80's chick imaginable.

Like the Bangles? (in reference to both)

It's never a manic Monday waking up next to Susannah Hoff I'd imagine.

Oh man she still looks good;)

http://www.solveisraelsproblems.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Susanna-Hoffs-with-The-Bangles.jpg

Anyone who still believes the tabloid bullshit about MJ needs to watch this video.

Believe it or it it is possible to talk about the music not the headlines.

Boring Fraroc. Boring.

• Like 1

Now I prefer Prince by far. During this year I explored his 80's output and I really dug it. 1999, Purple Rain, Sign o'the Times and Parade are great albums. Dirty Mind, Controversy and Around the World are quite enjoyable too.

I heard many MJ songs, but they just don't appeal much to me.

• Like 1

Prince produced, wrote, engineered, arranged a lot of his material. He was not afraid of taking chances and being weird.

MJ, post 1983, was just too carefully contrived. He leaned heavily on other songwriters musicians and producers.

Without Quincy Jones he absolutely 100% sucked.

No chance you could put MJ alone in a studio and expect anything good to come out of that.

He also f***ed little boys and I hope someone exhumes his corpse and runs it over repeatedly with a truck. So there’s that.

Neither's music is my music. Having said that, Prince's stuff is brilliant for what it is. He was brilliant.

Michael J, had his moments. Good songs, his dancing. But he was no Prince in terms of raw talent and versatility.

Plus, Prince didn't f**k boys.

Edited by grep
  • Like 2

Love MJ's voice and he has a ton of great songs. A number of his songs have meant more to me in my life than any of Prince's music yet has.

However, Prince is a like a cross between Stevie Wonder and David Bowie. Exceptionally talented on an outrageous number of instruments, and exceptionally weird and experimental, but all the time making incredibly tight pop music. He also has some of the greatest songs and albums ever made, perhaps more than MJ.

However, it would be unfair of me to decide based on the little of either's discography I've given a thorough listen.

• Like 2

^^ At first I was thinking that the chick in green with the fat ass was James Brown's mother.

Then I realized that it was James Brown with the big green ass.

Notice how dejected MJ got when he heard that Prince was coming to the stage. I think he left soon after Prince got there.

• Like 2

MJ walks up, improvises on the mic a bit, shows us his moves, then steps off a little embarrassed.

Prince slinks up, gets a guitar, begins tempting the audience with a few chords, takes off the guitar and his jacket, slithers up to the mic, toys with it a bit, looks like he's about to sing, just whispers a bit, then finally... struts off the stage, taking out a prop on the way, having just stolen the show from MJ, and presumably James Brown too.

• Like 1

I've liked both artists, and their music. Michael Jackson, is, and has been one of my favorite artists. I'm not going by, and haven't gone by whatever news, which was true, or not, and was made to the public. It should be about the music before anything else including any accusations, assumptions, and insinuations about them. If I had to choose between the both, and two of them, then I've picked by voting for "Michael Jackson". I've listened to his music more, and enjoy it more. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 2