Michael Jackson Or Prince?

bluefox4000

Michael Jackson vs. Prince  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

Even though Michael Jackson is probably my longest-standing musical love and there's plenty of home video of young bean dancing to the Bad album, I'm gonna have to go with Prince here. I love them both but Prince strikes me as more musically adventurous. It's not just versatility, though--it's almost like he has some sort of funky Midas touch :LOL:

Well said Bean!

• Like 1

Even though Michael Jackson is probably my longest-standing musical love and there's plenty of home video of young bean dancing to the Bad album, I'm gonna have to go with Prince here. I love them both but Prince strikes me as more musically adventurous. It's not just versatility, though--it's almost like he has some sort of funky Midas touch :LOL:

Well said Bean!

http://33.media.tumblr.com/06942f81ae05115da80eeff382dcf807/tumblr_n6s1t7VBAj1sn7zr6o7_250.gif

Thanks, Earl :cheers:

• Like 1

I can watch MJ"s This Is It over and over. I was never really much of a fan prior to that (although I have always loved "Ben"). Prince is the better musician, for sure. Too apples and oranges for me to cast a vote.

Prince.

However i prefer rick james over both of them by a long shot.....

I prefer George Clinton over all three. Put together.

Get Up On The Downstroke Mutha Fukka!

George is a LEGEND!

Dennis Chambers was in the band. Another LEGEND!!!!!

Parliament for the win!
  • Like 2

Prince.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug...

That reminds me of a song by Eric Clapton. A guitar player that doesn't even touch Prince.

Crapton is the biggest overrated guitar player on the planet.

He was great on heroin when he played with Cream.

HE SUX!

Prince.

I prefer George Clinton over all three. Put together.

Yeah george is great. Tough call and i guess he slightly beats out rick james.

However this leads to the thought that james brown tops george clinton.

Grorge clinton produced freaky styley by the rhcp!

Tough call: I like both but one's a bonafide weirdo and the other's a bonafide diddler. Let's put it this way- Who wouldn't you mind blasting in the car with the windows down?

So my vote goes to the guy who writes all his own material, and can play basically any instrument.

CON-TRO-VERS-Y

EDIT: Prince also wrote a shitload of awesome songs for other people, and banged every hot 80's chick imaginable.

Edited by Del_Duio
  • Like 2

Tough call: I like both but one's a bonafide weirdo and the other's a bonafide diddler. Let's put it this way- Who wouldn't you mind blasting in the car with the windows down?

So my vote goes to the guy who writes all his own material, and can play basically any instrument.

CON-TRO-VERS-Y

EDIT: Prince also wrote a shitload of awesome songs for other people, and banged every hot 80's chick imaginable.

Like the Bangles? (in reference to both)
  • Like 2

CON-TRO-VERS-Y

And if memory is correct sinead oo'commor?

• Like 1

CON-TRO-VERS-Y

I remember when she had a sort of career, lol

Mick

CON-TRO-VERS-Y

Nothing compares...

CON-TRO-VERS-Y

Mick

And when it ended...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbcdiuLH8u1qe0nn1o1_1280.jpg

• Like 1

CON-TRO-VERS-Y

Mick

And when it ended...

and every asshole in the nation slammed shut, lol

I remember that.

Mick

• Like 2

CON-TRO-VERS-Y

Mick

And when it ended...

I remember that.

Mick

As soon as I saw that image posted here, I wondered to myself- if that were done today, would it even make the news?

Perhaps the entertainment rags- E Online, and all that rot...

• Like 1

CON-TRO-VERS-Y

Mick

And when it ended...

I remember that.

Mick

As soon as I saw that image posted here, I wondered to myself- if that were done today, would it even make the news?

It would make the news, but it would be celebrated, not condemned. It's not a good time to be a religious person these days.

• Like 1

CON-TRO-VERS-Y

Mick

And when it ended...

I remember that.

Mick

It would make the news, but it would be celebrated, not condemned. It's not a good time to be a religious person these days.

That depends...

Both are (was) mega-talented, but Michael Jackson gets the nod in my opinion.

Great songwriter, unbelievable voice and naturally gifted performer.

He was not that famous and successful by coincidence.

That being said, Prince is a fine fine guitar player.

• Like 3

CON-TRO-VERS-Y

It's never a manic Monday waking up next to Susannah Hoff I'd imagine.

• Like 1