Guilty pleasures - musicians/bands/songs

HemiBeers

There's no such thing for me.

I either like it or I don't. i don't feel guilty. What makes people feel guilty when listening to music?

Fear of bearing the stigma of liking something that's popularly DISliked.

Other people's opinions then?

Exactly.

Well if you want to listen to some music but the thought that some people somewhere out there in the world would snigger at you puts you off, then you need to seriously get a grip of yourself.

Unless it's something socially unacceptable like an anthem rock opera album to aide pedophiles in their endavors, then I agree.

(I think it was a work by Danny Elfman :huh: )

Eew.

There's no such thing for me.

I either like it or I don't. i don't feel guilty. What makes people feel guilty when listening to music?

Fear of bearing the stigma of liking something that's popularly DISliked.

Other people's opinions then?

Exactly.

Well if you want to listen to some music but the thought that some people somewhere out there in the world would snigger at you puts you off, then you need to seriously get a grip of yourself.

Unless it's something socially unacceptable like an anthem rock opera album to aide pedophiles in their endavors, then I agree.

(I think it was a work by Danny Elfman :huh: )

Whaaaaa???

Fall Out Boy

The Jonas Brothers

Post Malone (a couple songs)

Britney Spears

Bruno Mars

Nickelback (a couple songs)

Sia

Taylor Swift

Edited by Leanne
  • Like 2

Fall Out Boy

The Jonas Brothers

Post Malone (a couple songs)

Britney Spears

Bruno Mars

Nickelback (a couple songs)

Sia

Taylor Swift

Agreed on Bruno. Locked Out Of Heaven is a cross between The Police and Dire Straits. Can’t hate on that. Treasure is a nice old school funk jam as well.

Even though I don’t agree with her being in the ROCK AND ROLL hall of fame, Janet had some good ones back in the day. Rhythm Nation is still awesome to this day.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 3

Name your guilty pleasure musicians/bands/songs that you consider guilty pleasures. Something outside of your normal comfort zone that others may find...off beat...but that you like.

Mine:

Molly Hatchet - Flirtin with Disaster.

https://search.yahoo...a&hsimp=yhs-004

Dreadful video, but the guitar work on this song always rocked my world. But other than this song they're pretty much lynyrd skynyrd wanna bes.

Why would anyone feel guilty about loving that song? It's great!!!!

I couldn't sit still when that song came on if I tried - no matter how old I am, or in what condition.

• Like 2

3 Doors Down

Matchbox 20

Staind

Celine Dion

Arana Grande

Except for Ariana Grande, I don't think you should feel guilty about liking any of those.

I really like Ariana Grande. Her voice is much better than her songs, and she even chooses to sing in a sloppy style that is far beneath her talents.

Weirdly her enunciation and range soars on classic rnb songs and Broadway performances.

Taylor Swift

Dan and Shay

Pink

Just off the top of my head. There are a few others, current pop stuff, which is just completely out of character for me, that I’m enjoying.

• Like 1

My "side piece" music (as others have said, not guilty about it, though) is probably country, especially the older stuff from the 40s-60s, and moderns who sounded like that, like Dwight Yoakam or Alan Jackson.

Because of my kids I overhear a lot of pop music; I like one song out of twelve, maybe, but I don't necessarily follow-up; I'll enjoy it while it lasts and then it's gone (like most pop music, I suppose). Lizzo's fifteen minutes has been fun.

Taylor Swift

Dan and Shay

Pink

Just off the top of my head. There are a few others, current pop stuff, which is just completely out of character for me, that I’m enjoying.

I love Taylor Swift. I think it's so easy to pigeonhole her if all you know is Shake It Off lol

• Like 1

Has to be Kraftwerk, have seen them live four times.

Autobahn (both the song and album) are classics, even with Kraftwerk and Ralf und Florian being released in Europe way before coming Stateside.

Radioactivity and The Man Machine evoke thoughts of Fritz Lang's Metropols-oh, yeah Metropolis is a song from The Man Machine.

I have Trans-Europa Express on cassette and Trans-Europe Express on CD.

Minimum-Maximum Tour was fantastic, saw live and have the DVD.

Yeah that's the ticket!

Edited by pjbear05